Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: is this the end of BSB?

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

Luke - I'm not really sure why you seem so upset with Leungbok. it wasn't his fault that the opportunity for BSB was there, he just used to its maximum advantage. You have been a member here since Jan and BSB has only been a recent thing so I really don't understand why you're getting on your high horse about it now.

I saw the videos after they were released, thought it looked really cool, tried to do it a couple of times, couldn't and went back to playing online, zone and TT.

BSB was only useful (at phantom speed) on a few tracks so there should still be plenty of tracks out there where the WR is achieveable.

PS - Leungbok is clearly not thick as he wouldn't have thought to do it in the 1st place.

PSN ID
    bik3rluke

I really feel like I'm on another planet right about now.

Most of the SL highest ranks would have been done with BSB. That's not been taken away, meaning there's a LOT of entries that had that advantage. Pilots of today no-longer have that advantage, so that means there's LOTS of entries that have a certain amount of time knocked off them. I'm not saying this is wrong or unfair, but if you can no-longer do BSB then the scores need to be wiped. There's a lot of pilots who'd be able to match the same time IF they had known about BSB. Like I said, I've set a few top 50's and if I had known about BSB I'm sure I would have been higher.

I'm not 'upset' with him, I'm not sure why you think that. I just can't understand his viewpoint. He said the records will be broken, and I'm sure he's right, but that's not the point. Say for example someone got a 18.50 on VK using BSB, and someone else got 18.51 not using BSB (as it's now gone), the 18.50 is a better time when really if the 18.51 had used BSB he would have killed the 18.50's time.

PSN ID
    bik3rluke

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    Pirahpac, Wotan and i shared several public videos of our records and tricks. I uploaded here the bsb on anulpha forward and reverse the SAME day i beat my times, what can we do more to be fair with everybody ? You had all the secrets at the very begining, if you didn't improve your rank on time, it's definitely not our fault !!!
    Yes you're right, i must be thick to have shared all those stuff and being criticized like this. Don't care, it'll not happens anymore !!
    Your viewpoint on absolutely everything seems corrupted. I am not blaming you for exploiting the bug. I would have done the same.

What I am saying, is now there's a lot of times on the record board that were set under different circumstances as now. That means it's completely different (and harder) to set those same times. It's like combining leader boards with WipEout Pure FFS. How can you have the same records when they were set differently? How can anyone not agree with what I'm saying?

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    Since 6 month ago none of the phantom sl records were easy to achieve and it will not change. And bsb was only possible since patch 1.30, remember the older boards, same pilots on top. Some new guys on the top ranking sl like XBARNSTERNX used that trick, but don't mistake, those guys are very skilled and they deserve their ranks, just look at XBARNSTERNX laptimes on chengou reverse with no advantage from bsb, he can use any trick, controversial or not, he's a top pilot that's all !!
    Cheers for that leungbok , just to point out my phantom tts are around the teens ranked, 14, 15. Apart from the odd tracks which are around 30. Sure they are not top ten but i used bsb when all had the chance to do so and my top times could have easily been beaten by the top ranked players. I didnt know the function would be taken away to make it damn near impossible to achieve new top spots. I've said it once before 'I would happily have my records wiped'

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Don't forget the new Fury ships are boosted, you should get some hundredths on your current record. I wish it will be the case, then everybody restart competition on the same line, and maybe some people will stop crying...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by kaori View Post
    and maybe some people will stop crying...
    I just can't imagine that !

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Ceiu

Wow... I would have guessed they wouldn't remove it due to all the trouble there is with having a 'broken' version of the game out there, but it seems I was wrong.

In any event, I think a lot of people are overlooking the advantages of having the board cleared. Personally, I think it should happen more along the lines of once a month, but that's just me.

- First and foremost, it gives SL an easy way to remove "glitched" records. Seems a tad unfair to everyone else to be racing against times which could be impossible to beat.

- It removes inactive players from the table. I can see people arguing this as a disadvantage, but look at it from another perspective: If all of us retire from the game and a year from now a new community picks up interest, are they going to care who the best player was a year ago? Probably not. They're going to be interested in who the best player is now. Further, this makes players stick around if they want to stat whore, which means more people to play against and more attention from the developers.

- With the board being cleaned periodically, it gives SL a chance to add features or otherwise change how the board itself works. It's a little harder to do that when you've going to maintain compatibility with a million or so existing records.

I had more, but I got distracted by something shiny. I guess the moral of the story is... umm... good things... happen. Something about spilled milk too. Whatever.

PSN ID
    pirhapac

what about phantom moa tt wr,sol sl wr, moa rev tt wr and moa rev wr?nobody cry ?all this record are REAL glitch..but i cant see any post about that..funny funny ..all my video closed now ..good luck for all for find new br for fury

PSN ID
    shapealot

thats goin off the point of this thread pirhapac, anybody could use bsb but nobody can purposely pull off a 2 second lap or get over a thousand zones. i found a new br 2 days ago but i dont wana share my find now for fear of bein called a stupid noob cheater as im taking advantage of the track

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Ceiu

Quote Originally Posted by pirahpac View Post
    what about phantom moa tt wr,sol sl wr, moa rev tt wr and moa rev wr?nobody cry ?all this record are REAL glitch..but i cant see any post about that..funny funny ..all my video closed now ..good luck for all for find new br for fury
    Really now, isn't that a bit childish? If you don't want to help other players anymore, that's fine and all... but stopping because you don't agree with what some people consider unfair? Come on.
    What's doubly insulting is that with your post after mine, it seems like it's something I said that triggered your outburst. While I understand that that may not be the case, it's still a tad bothersome that there's a possibility that you find something I said offensive enough to give the middle finger to the entire community.

In any event, I still believe you're overreacting a bit. This entire thread is about the death of the B-S-B trick -- it's only natural that that is the 'glitch' people are referring to. Now, we could go on all day debating whether or not B-S-B was a glitch/exploit/whatever... but does it even matter at this point? With it gone, it's only fair that the records be removed as well. Look at it this way: In your video, if I were to pull every barrel roll off in the exact same places you do and I manage to follow the same line, because of the lack of B-S-B, I can never beat the time you've recorded. Period. It's not even a matter of skill; it's just simply not possible.

Now, on that note... No one is questioning your ability here -- the videos you've posted and the fact you've held top times since god only knows when are a testament to your piloting skills. However, I still feel you are having a knee-jerk reaction to a non-issue here. No one likes dealing with, what they feel are, unfair advantages; be it cheats, bugs, exploits or whatever. Naturally people are going to voice their opinion when they feel they are being screwed out of a fair chance to compete. You shouldn't take it so personally.

Again, what you do with your info and videos is entirely up to you; but don't you think it's a bit harsh to smite an entire community because you're having a difference of opinion with a single member?

PSN ID
    pirhapac

Last edited by pirahpac; 23rd July 2009 at 05:00 PM. Reason: lol i h8te u ^^

Timezone
    GMT -5

Wow.. It must be the water out there.

PSN ID
    JamboGT

No one is doubting anyones ability here.
    Last edited by Jambo; 23rd July 2009 at 05:30 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I am posting this for pirhapac as he has troubles understanding what's being said in your post Cerium. I'm just interpreting his thoughts that he has communicated to me, so there's a very high chance it might be inaccurate.

pirhapac essentially acted the way he did because he finds it frustrating that they would remove the ability to perform the BSB, therefore freezing the top ten times almost for good until an eventual wipe, but at the same time they leave glitches and bugs inside the game for way longer.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Quote Originally Posted by bik3rluke View Post
    I really feel like I'm on another planet right about now.

Say for example someone got a 18.50 on VK using BSB, and someone else got 18.51 not using BSB (as it's now gone), the 18.50 is a better time when really if the 18.51 had used BSB he would have killed the 18.50's time.
    You are writing it off as an easy way to gain time, and it never was. You didn't know about it before, so you can't possibly understand it now. That's why you feel like you're on a different planet - because you are in a 'world' where you don't have first hand knowledge of this experience.

Just because you didn't 'know' about it, doesn't mean you couldn't have done it. The function and therefore the option to do BSB was available to everyone. If the playing field is level, it's not unfair.

Granted, it's unfair now, which is why this topic exists, as one to debate the issues surrounding it's removal from the game and the issues surrounding the record tables, and not to debate whether it's a good or bad thing. We've already done that.

Darkdrium777 - I kind of like the idea to let players remove their own times. But how would it work in practice, and what about all those who are unwilling to do so? I still think the only ones which should be removed are the ones that cannot be beaten without BSB, and I do believe there are some. Given the videos on youtube, and the honesty of the top pilots here and on Arena, it really seems to me that it shouldn't be too difficult to sort out.

As a general point
    , my experience with it is more limited than some and currently I think either I have no times that used it, or possibly only Ubermall, as I definitely tried it on that one. I used it on Vin K ages ago but then bettered my time with the boost at the start that gives the double BR. Personally, even if I didn't use it on Ubermall, I would volunteer for that time to be wiped if it preserved the rest of the tables. I would much rather do the one track again than have all my other times lost. I suspect it would be the case for most people. They're not just a record of what I've done so far, they're what I use to decide where to go next and where I can improve the most. If the records are wiped, then I don't just have to do a few laps again, I have to start the whole process all over again.

PSN ID
    pirhapac

thks darkdrium