Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: is this the end of BSB?

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

Quote Originally Posted by shapealot View Post
    me an XBARNSTERX will have to think up some new faster lines. i found a new BR last night which i havnt seen anybody else do yet XBARNSTERX knows which one i mean
    Ah yes great find shapes, i've been putting it into practise and i even managed it online. Loving online brs at the moment

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    If it ain't broke, don't 'fix' it. If it is broken, fix it.
    Except in the case of the BSB, it was broken and they fixed it. Now yeah sure people are saying that the times achieved with BSB cannot be reached anymore, but it's the truth. This only happened because SL was not vocal enough about it ending up tweaked in the next update soon enough so that people didn't have the time to use it so much.
    But it was broken.

In the case of the Rockets, Leech Beam and Mines however, that wasn't broken and there I would agree with you that there wasn't any need for the changes made to them in 1.30/1.40 (Can't remember which one it was.) But we are not talking about that.

Now in the case of the BSB, if you're arguing that the solution isn't complete because the times are still up on the boards, well Paul said they would look into board moderation after Fury was released (Hopefully without hitches.) Surely they're taking into consideration every approach possible to clean the boards (And hopefully my suggestion of a way to delete your own times from the boards .)

PSN ID
    Andybob35/ZoNeS

Not being the biggest fan of speed lap its no biggie. But it is annoying that you have to wait a full lap to try again plus it was useful for trying new br's.

As for the records, its just like any other game... you do see some ridiculas records that can only come from exploiting the game. You'll know if it is legit when you see them online using those fast lines. Anyway..

Roll on fury, where new tracks (new to me) bring new challenges and opportunities with no BSB in sight, legit times for now...
    Last edited by andybob35; 23rd July 2009 at 05:15 PM. Reason: grammar

PSN ID
    pirhapac

Last edited by pirahpac; 23rd July 2009 at 01:30 PM. Reason: bad link

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Oh my god! In fact you are a real newbie without your BSB !

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by andybob35 View Post
    But it is annoying that you have to wait a full lap to try again plus it was useful for trying new br's.
    You do know the boost reset is still in the game, right? By default it's the L1 button, you just have to hold it down for a while when you have no turbo in your item slot.

PSN ID
    bik3rluke

This is the first time I've heard of the 'exploit' -- I've never used it before and still set some quick times... I've reached top 50 in the world on some tracks, so I'm upset knowing that I could have been possibly top 10 if I had known!

Wipe the boards, it's the only way. These scores will never be beaten, and even if they are, not everyone who deserves that rank will be able to. It's the fair thing to do. Wipe it with Fury. If they managed to score that time, they'll be able to do it again. I've never BSB'd but I'd still like them wiped so I know my scores will be set under the same circumstances as everyone else.

they should just change it so you just press L1 instead of hold it for 3 seconds. This solves all the problems of beating records etc, and I believe myself that if players are hardcore and determined to find ways of setting the fastest lap possible, using b-s-b is a skill in itself and those that can master that and set perfect laps deserve to be in the top sections of the scoreboards. I don't see it as an exploit, it is (or was) the same for everybody and if people kept hammering speedlaps trying to better their ghosts bit by bit, they would probably eventually all figure this out anyway. This is how i figured it out.

Plus I found it great fun on some tracks (like vineta K, the trick shown on the youtube video that pirhapac gave a link to earlier in the thread) to get your timings right for boosting into the air and controlling your ship in the air, therefore barrel rolling after u cross the line and saving more time.
    Last edited by Rathboneski; 23rd July 2009 at 03:54 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by bik3rluke View Post
    This is the first time I've heard of the 'exploit' -- I've never used it before and still set some quick times... I've reached top 50 in the world on some tracks, so I'm upset knowing that I could have been possibly top 10 if I had known!

Wipe the boards, it's the only way. These scores will never be beaten, and even if they are, not everyone who deserves that rank will be able to. It's the fair thing to do. Wipe it with Fury. If they managed to score that time, they'll be able to do it again. I've never BSB'd but I'd still like them wiped so I know my scores will be set under the same circumstances as everyone else.
    You absolutely sure that you can jump from rank 50 to 10 only in using bsb ?
    I'm sorry but i'm not !! But thanks anyway for your post, you illustrate what i think about the bsb haters. It's only a way to excuse the lack of success on tt/sl modes. Pirahpac, Wotan, Connavar, Me, Ak furtif, Elois, kanar, Kingheim, Eric7dm... are top 10 on most tracks (phantom speed) not only on the 4 tracks where it's usefull to use bsb. Pirahpac shares 2 videos here yesterday, vineta k sl = rank one using bsb http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dL_s...eature=channel & vineta k tt = rank one without bsb http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwjZutgGCWM , don't you understand what's that means ?
    So, let's concentrate on fury now guys, we'll see all the changes on the boards now it's "legit" !
    Last edited by leungbok; 23rd July 2009 at 02:16 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I was wondering how much time you gain with the BSB? It's one BR more, right?
    Any chance that in time, without wiping any records, all the present records, including the ones made with the BSB, will be beaten without it?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

The gain can be 15 hundreths to 25 at phantom speed (more on the lower speedclass).

And maybe it can be beaten without on some of the tracks But only by the current top ranked pilots IMHO.

PSN ID
    bik3rluke

Quote Originally Posted by guillaume View Post
    I was wondering how much time you gain with the BSB? It's one BR more, right?
    Any chance that in time, without wiping any records, all the present records, including the ones made with the BSB, will be beaten without it?
    Yes, it can be beaten, but only by the BEST. That means I won't be able to (at this stage), which means they'll be a lot of people in front of me that I could beat IF I had of known about BSB. It's unfair, and should be wiped.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Know about that trick don't means to master it, ask to some guys like Saturn etc. Even Pirahpac put several weeks to master the trick on both anulphas. I'll repeat again and again, this trick was HARD to perform, not a random glitch that can gives a huge improvement to an average pilot !

PSN ID
    bik3rluke

Still, it's an advantage I didn't have. From what I've seen, I reckon I could have done it. I would have at least liked a go at it.

Your point is irrelevant, would the scoreboards be different if it wasn't there in the beginning? Yes. Do the leaders now have a big advantage? Yes. Is it going to be easy to beat those scores? No.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Since 6 month ago none of the phantom sl records were easy to achieve and it will not change. And bsb was only possible since patch 1.30, remember the older boards, same pilots on top. Some new guys on the top ranking sl like XBARNSTERNX used that trick, but don't mistake, those guys are very skilled and they deserve their ranks, just look at XBARNSTERNX laptimes on chengou reverse with no advantage from bsb, he can use any trick, controversial or not, he's a top pilot that's all !!

PSN ID
    bik3rluke

I'm sure he is, but he also had a big advantage that now no-one else has. What can't you understand about that?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

THERE'S STILL WAYS OF BEING FASTER ON THESE TRACKS (hugely difficult but possible)

PSN ID
    bik3rluke

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    THERE'S STILL WAYS OF BEING FASTER ON THESE TRACKS (hugely difficult but possible)
    You must be thick. I'm clearly aware of that, BUT there's people out there who WILL NOT be able to beat those times, yet they are able to come close meaning that if they had the 'BSB advantage' than they may well have beaten the time.

What can't you understand about that?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

If you really are that dedicated to being top SL'er why didn't you spend countless hours trying to find ways to be faster?

Leungbok did and succeded.

I'm sure you would have thought of the same stunt given enough dedication.

Anyhoo, it's gone, which presents a great opportunity for finding new crazy ways to beat the current times.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Pirahpac, Wotan and i shared several public videos of our records and tricks. I uploaded here the bsb on anulpha forward and reverse the SAME day i beat my times, what can we do more to be fair with everybody ? You had all the secrets at the very begining, if you didn't improve your rank on time, it's definitely not our fault !!!
    Yes you're right, i must be thick to have shared all those stuff and being criticized like this. Don't care, it'll not happens anymore !!