Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: is this the end of BSB?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Yes i know but bsb was only available on speedlap mode, so it shouldn't annoys the single race/multiplayer pilots.

Quote Originally Posted by XBARNSTERX View Post
    Yeah i think i seen leungboks method hes talking of. When bsb fisrt came to light certain pilots werent to happy, so leungbok posted a vid using the pitch down up method to get a br in, which makes bsb look like a piece of cake not surprised you only managed this once leungbok.
    Not exactly, the boost/br at the very start is fast but not as fast as the bsb, and i succeeded several times on it I speak of something else, more difficult to do. ^^
    Last edited by leungbok; 22nd July 2009 at 03:15 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

please delete that post
    Last edited by leungbok; 22nd July 2009 at 03:16 PM. Reason: double post

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

Well speed lapping does give you a certain edge in racing, you know the best lines to take, br possibilities and some insane boost shortcuts, theres alot of them. Of course none of this is possible when getting missiled and bombed. @ Leungbok, ok i'm listening
    Last edited by XBARNSTERX; 22nd July 2009 at 03:21 PM.

PSN ID
    shapealot

me an XBARNSTERX will have to think up some new faster lines. i found a new BR last night which i havnt seen anybody else do yet XBARNSTERX knows which one i mean

there is 3 choices that make senceto me

1 wipe the boards
    2 bring back the bsb
    3 archive old records and have awipeout furyrecord board.

the records are of no use anymore apart from history.no one will be able to beat the times without bsb on certain tracks

i feel for the guys who spent a long time on their records as they are truley skillful, but as the rules have changed the abilty to beat the scores has gone.

PSN ID
    pirhapac

i found in fisrt the bsb on ubermall phantom sl ( 2 days after patch..)..now speed lap challenge is totally ****ed cuz Sl delete ..but i see again glitch on moa tt phantom , sol sl phantom,moa rev tt and sl phantom,so now studio liverpools plz delete ur stupids leaderboards single races ,tt ,sl ..just a useless online rank is suffisiant for this game now ..it will be nice in 1 year see 1000 players a rank 100 and ..yeah ..nice mario kart now..i stop my stupid quest in tt sl for find the best fast way and deleted all my videos cuz lot of bsb .

Jasmine, I think your third option is the best and fairest. It could preserve the fantastic achievments of the best speed lappers and get rid of all the controversial or glitched results in all game modes at the same time. Fury presents a great opportunity to sort out the many many problems on the tables in one swoop, but I will eat my underpants after a 4 hour online Phantom session with the best pilots in France if it happens.

I think the pros and cons of BSB being taken out, with regards to the tables, are clear to us all. People who didn`t like what it did to the style of wipeout gameplay will be glad it`s gone. However any discussion of how the tables can be fixed with regard to times being unbeatable is purely academic I think. I don`t think anything will be done about that or the other issues. We have sites like this and Connavar`s to compare and compete and that`s what we`ll use while the in-game HD tables continue as they are, more or less broken depending on the game mode. As Leungbok said, a lot of records can still be beaten. Who knows what other racing methods will be found. It would be nice to have a proper solution but I can`t see it happening.

PSN ID
    pirhapac

i let just one video for show a bsb made by a noob cheater who have bad lines but do a wr cuz he bsb http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dL_sScBzi8 now nobody can beat this sl...dead

PSN ID
    JamboGT

I am happy enough to have it gone, whilst it is not easy to perform it is still an exploit and the way it was sometimes used was not the intention of it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

The current method of boost reset is still exploitable, unfortunately.
    But I won't say how except to SL if they're interested, because it's apparent they don't want the boost reset to be used in this way.

And pirhapac: that's very fair of them to add or remove stuff, it's their game. You play SL a lot and they prevented you from doing the exploit now, and while it sucks that the fastest time you made probably cannot be reached today, the game still exists and still requires high precision piloting. I agree with you on having to clean the online leaderboards of the glitched times (Probably annoys me more than you as I play single race a lot, I also have 90% of my SR records glitched), but deleting them as features from the game... That's a bit too much. What I keep suggesting to SL is that they add the ability for players to delete their own times/scores and resync with the server, so that honest players can relieve a part of the moderation effort needed from SL.
    But you are simply over-reacting now, because as a player of single race mode the Rockets are way overpowered compared to the other weapons, and now they seem to come up more often. I'm not throwing a tantrum because of it though. You can still play speed lap, and there is a leaderboard on this website too (And Connavar's like lunar said), where you can actually delete your times.
    So for now screw the WipEout HD leaderboards until they're fixed, use the boards here or on Connavar's website.

EDIT: Sorry, I misunderstood the way the boost reset worked. It is not exploitable, disregard my first paragraph.
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 22nd July 2009 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Mistake

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

I'm for wiping the record boards, there are a lot of glitched times in all modes including Zone on AP. Anyone who was good enough to do it before is good enough to do it again, and its not like you aren't going to try cause we are all WO freaks.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Hah, true enough. It would suck a little if it came to that, but it wouldn't be the first time a "major reset" was made in a game by the development team. I can't think of any precise example, though I think WoW had it at some point, and some online FPS games too.

PSN ID
    JamboGT

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue did it as well, actually did it twice each time it was patched as changes to the physics and tyre settings made the old times irrelevant.

PSN ID
    pirhapac

no problem with a clean leaderboard..but if SL delete all..they MUST repair this glitch on sol moa and moa rev,sebenco and maybe others

PSN ID
    Nunalho

Ahh, you cheeky bastards

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Quote Originally Posted by RedScar View Post
    Anyone who was good enough to do it before is good enough to do it again, and its not like you aren't going to try cause we are all WO freaks.
    Some people put a lot of time in and might not want to do it all over again. Neither should they have to just because a feature wasn't thought out well enough. I'm still trying to improve my times but it's a long process. I'm not so bothered in some ways, as I prefer TT, but it would be horrible to have to do all my SL again, even if some aren't all that great.

Isn't it fairly common knowledge now where the BSB can be used? The guys that use it are very open about it. I really don't think it would take too much effort for the BSB times alone to be removed. But I think leaving them as is, while a bit of a stuff up, is still a better option, given how limited its use was anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    And pirhapac: that's very fair of them to add or remove stuff, it's their game.
    Back in the day, if you purchased something, it was yours. It's good to fix problems, but so far each one that is fixed comes with more issues. All the changes to features and stuff seems too much to me. I don't like that the product I have one year after purchasing can be so different than when I first purchased it. Some of the stuff is cool, but with all the problems that have come at the same time, it's just not worth it. If it ain't broke...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Right, with that mentality: Fury shouldn't release tomorrow since it will bring double the number of problems because it doubles the content of the game.
    Well excuse me but I disagree.

And yes, if they find out that a feature they added can be exploited, they have the right to change it! Or what: let all the bots in Killzone 2 be like they were when they were first released, so people could stat pad and own all the trophies. Leave the invisible tank shooting through walls in Warhawk. Leave the Easter Egg access in Resistance Fall of Man so that people can go under the map and shoot through walls. Leave the aimbot hacks in CounterStrike so people can use them to kill everyone instantly. Do not fix the Unreal Tournament 3 online mode with Patch 2.0...

Seriously... Think about it for a second.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Erm, whilst I didn't time myself or anything, I can assure you I did think about it for well over a second.

Firstly, Fury is an expansion pack. It's something extra I can purchase, not a product I already paid for. If I don't download Fury, I can play HD without issue, and I won't see any problems with Fury (if there are any) because I won't have it.

Secondly, I'm not saying that problems shouldn't be fixed. I'm saying that they should concentrate on fixing problems first, then implement improvements that are really needed. Each time there has been an attempt to fix anything there have also been changes which aren't really necessary. They have potential to improve the game but so far have usually brought problems with them. Particularly in this case. OK, so they've taken BSB out of the game. So now what about the scores? If a complete solution had been implemented, then we wouldn't need this thread to talk about how to completely solve the issues. I'm saying they should concentrate on fixing problems first. When they do, they should come as complete solutions, and not bring more problems with them.

If it ain't broke, don't 'fix' it. If it is broken, fix it.

PSN ID
    AnErare, AnE

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    It's something extra I can purchase, not a product I already paid for.
    Be honest, that is unsound reasoning. Without the base game you have no use for it. They have also changed it to accommodate Fury to a fair extend.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I'm not 100% sure what you mean AnE. I'm fairly sure I don't have to buy it. Just because I have a TV doesn't mean I need a DVD player. That was my point.

HD may well have been changed to implement Fury. If it has then I don't think that changes what I said. Or do you mean they only made certain fixes because Fury was coming? If that's the case then it doesn't make the changes any more right. The existing product should be supported. In fact, I think it would just add to my point. They would have made changes which negatively impacted the existing product, to accommodate something which I may not even want to buy.

Once again, my main point is that they should concentrate on fixing problems first. A lot of the things that came with updates are subjective, but if something is purely fixed, then that's it - fixed.