Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: is this the end of BSB?

PSN ID
    shapealot

Default is this the end of BSB?

i noticed with the new update that you no longer press select to get your boost back you now have to hold L1 but this seems to be on a timer making it a lot harder to pull off, as far as i know all the top times are done using BSB myself included.

does this mean that the top times r gona stay there forever???

i dont think studio liverpool intended invalidate lap to be used the way we have and have tried to sort it out as best they could. the only way round that would be to wipe the speed lap leaderboards clean an start fresh but surely this is unfair on evrybody who spent months improving times bit by bit.

i just wondered what everybody else thinks about this?

u can still do some of the BSB starts on speed laps but in my opinion they will never be as fast as it was before

PSN ID
    JamboGT

I read that as the British Superbike's and wondered if I was on the wrong forums.....

I reckon they will have to wipe the boards as there have been changes made to barrel rolls as well.

Maybe not though, I don't really know.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I find that hard to believe .

For one reason that a LOT of people change their air brakes from R2 L2 to R1 L1.

I haven't experienced what you describe,but if true that would be a MAJOR stuff up

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

as far as i could tell you need to hold down the button for 3 seconds continously to get a new turbo. i never used the bsb myself, but because it was already considered a move which needed great skill and timing to perform, it would seem that it is now impossible on most tracks.
    and this again triggers your dilemma, because it would surely mean that getting a top 5 speedlap from now on will be close to impossible.
    not sure what SL can do about the leaderboards though. i would think that their only options would be:

1: clear the entire speedlap board.
    2: leave it as it is
    3: delete all records made after 1.3

none of these options are ideal, so it is a tough call.
    Last edited by Motorsagmannen; 22nd July 2009 at 02:29 PM. Reason: commas typos, etc.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I can see wipeoutarena going ballistic over this if it is true.

Batten down the hatches,it's going to get Flaming bad me thinks between SL and certain racers.

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

I did this on quite a fews tracks (feels guilty) apologies to all. It was alot of fun to do and i personally wouldnt mind my speed lap records being wiped. BSB has had its day , back to the older truer ways where the faster pilots where on top rather than the fastest fingers.

PSN ID
    Nunalho

Sorry guys, but what does it mean BSB?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

the key to cancel lap is in option, you can change it...

you can see it's also associated with "flip, IEM"

maybe flip is for elmiminator, to make that 180
    and IEM can be the kind of quake taht destroy mines in detonator...

PSN ID
    Nunalho

I dont know the meaning of BSB, but i ve maped the function to R3, i use chat on L1.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Bsb don't works anymore, at phantom speed there's 4 tracks where it was efficient (at venom & fash speed bsb was usefull on few other tracks) : Both anulphas, vineta k & ubermall forward. For ubermall, not sure it can be possible to beat the current records, but who knows. For vineta, Pirahpac's boost br br at the very begining is maybe as fast to allows beating the record but with a totally perfect lap as only him can pull. For Anulpha forward i have maybe a trick which allows to be close of a bsb start. And for anulpha reverse i have a trick which equals the bsb trick but far more difficult (only succeeded once). The records on the other tracks can still be beated.

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

BSB, basically boost ,pitch up and press select to get a boost back, then use that boost over the start line for extra distance as well as a extra BR for speed. A bit naughty really

PSN ID
    shapealot

it means boost select boost. on speed laps to get a good time youd have to boost just before the finish line but with update 1.3 we found that you could boost early press select to invalidate your lap then boost again quick giving you an even faster start or even an insane shortcut where possible.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Never tried BSB, so doesn't worry me. Get rid of it's ability for all I care, seems like a exploit anyway.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by XBARNSTERX View Post
    I did this on quite a fews tracks (feels guilty) apologies to all. It was alot of fun to do and i personally wouldnt mind my speed lap records being wiped. BSB has had its day , back to the older truer ways where the faster pilots where on top rather than the fastest fingers.
    You don't have to feel guilty for that, it's not a glitch, some called that an exploit, maybe it is, but it's (was) fair ! It required skills and was not random.
    Don't care about the boards, the top pilots are the same since the release of hd, bsb or not.

PSN ID
    shapealot

Smile

it was i agree but i personaly think it was a skill to be mastered as it was by no means easy to do. oh well it was fun while it lasted

PSN ID
    shapealot

i agree leungbok. by the way id love to know what your new method of anulpha reverse is sounds insane without BSB

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

Quote Originally Posted by Nunalho View Post
    Sorry guys, but what does it mean BSB?
    Backstreet Boys, obviously.

On the serious side, I'm happy if they removed the possibility of executing them, barrel rolls are enough of a trouble for most players to master. Let the tactical use of weapons, keen eye for ideal racing lines and skillful barrel rolls decide who's the best, I say.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

There's no weapon tactical use on speedlaps !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

That point was supposed to refer to single races/tournaments... Apologies for not making it clear.

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

Yeah i think i seen leungboks method hes talking of. When bsb fisrt came to light certain pilots werent to happy, so leungbok posted a vid using the pitch down up method to get a br in, which makes bsb look like a piece of cake not surprised you only managed this once leungbok.