Thread: Orginal Tracks

Default Orginal Tracks

Sorry if this has been asked before, it is hard to tell when using the search cos the words original tracks bring up loads of threads.

Anyway had there been any rumours or even any conformations of any of the original Wipeout tracks ever being offered as DLC for HD?

Now Orbital are back together it would be nice to see an Orbital tune dropped in as well

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

NO.

The original wipeout is available as a download for PSP and PS3 and 2097 will be the same later this year.

NONE of these games will be updated to HD status as much as we would all have wanted them to

PSN ID
    RozPT

Oh man, Firestar in HD! We really need more interplanetary courses!

Also, the possibility of seeing Gare d'Europa in HD is just... oh man.

*dreams*

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    NO.

The original wipeout is available as a download for PSP and PS3 and 2097 will be the same later this year.

NONE of these games will be updated to HD status as much as we would all have wanted them to
    No need to shout fella.

Who cares if Wipeout is available on the PSN, i have it and love it and have done since its original release back in 95 but i would still happily pay for some HD versions of the tracks rather than Pure and Pulse tracks (which in all fairness are availble on UMD but the devs are happy to pump them out), the originals might be nearly 15 years old but they stand up against any of the current tracks i reckon.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I wasn't shouting.

I was saving you a savaging from the mods ,who would of Blah SEARCH basically.

I try to look after new people and save them from flames

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

GORMLESS you have a PM

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

No, unfortunately it was explained that the game creation data for the first three PS1 games has been lost when Psygnosis was bough/changed to Studio Liverpool. They therefore would have to recreate the tracks from scratch and they said that if they had been doing that for Fury, it wouldn't even be announced right now. Fury has PurE and Pulse tracks, so it comes out tomorrow.
    I suggested reusing some of the "Classics" tracks they made for PurE though (NOT Karbonis however), that could work though these classics are not exactly the same as the originals (But then again they weren't in WO3SE either.)

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I went back and "Tried" to play the old wipeouts a few days back.

The difference in handling is HUGE ,I was playing like a NOOBIE

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

Same here! I remember id mastered WipEout 15 years ago, but I downloaded it through PSN a while ago and the handling is crazy. I just couldnt do it, even on Venom.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I would do things I wouldn't be proud of to get some of the PSX tracks remade.

Altima VII (but with the sky like W3SE - epic), Silverstream (Rapier version), Firestar (more epic goodness), Gare D' Europa, Manor Top, ...... The weather effects from 2097 .... This could go on for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    I wasn't shouting.

I was saving you a savaging from the mods ,who would of Blah SEARCH basically.

I try to look after new people and save them from flames
    I used the search facility and about 3 billion threads came up.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    No, unfortunately it was explained that the game creation data for the first three PS1 games has been lost when Psygnosis was bough/changed to Studio Liverpool. They therefore would have to recreate the tracks from scratch and they said that if they had been doing that for Fury, it wouldn't even be announced right now. Fury has PurE and Pulse tracks, so it comes out tomorrow.
    I suggested reusing some of the "Classics" tracks they made for PurE though (NOT Karbonis however), that could work though these classics are not exactly the same as the originals (But then again they weren't in WO3SE either.)
    But they have the original code or it wouldn't be on the PSN, although i know not a jot about programming there must be a way to decompile that.

moaning about the original wipeouts handling? lol hardcore handling really sorts out the men from the boys

My mate used to sit telling me to keep going round and round because he couldn't believe anyone could do Altima VII without hitting the sides LMAO.

Come on Sony Liverpool get digging about in your lofts and find the code for the original tracks.

PSN ID
    Axellink

From what we have been told, they are gone mate. If they were going to re-do it. It would be from scratch and that can take AGES!!!!!!

Who knows, they might be doing it for the next iteration of Wipeout?

Oh well, thats a real shame, the original tracks were the best by miles and they really sorted out the men from the boys, you needed dedication like no other game i have come across to master them baby's with the superb unforgiving handling.

well they ought to get beavering away at them then and convert them all, i reckon theres shedloads of money for them selling say 4 new tracks every 6 months for £6 or £7 a pop (if they could do them in that kind of time-frame, i know id buy every pack and prob most on here would too.

Timezone
    GMT -5

The "original source code" may be lost - but I get a feeling that it's "lost" - as in, Lawyers / Legal / Intellectual Property Rights "Lost". If we have the original game - you can reverse engineer the tracks based on the ships handling - game physics - which ARE in the user-level code. It would take a bit more effort - but it certainly isn't impossible.

I think the real "Lost code" likely is the fact that Psygnosis may have had a different intellectual property policy with their workers - and when it was bought out by Sony / SL - perhaps it wasn't in any contract verb-age - or perhaps they lost key individuals, who retain certain IP rights? (like the Designers Republic, or Cold Storage may have rights of their IPs)

I could be off by a country mile - but I've seen this exact situation play out with a friend of mine, and his former employer. (which is now owned by GE)

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

As nice as it would be, I doubt it'll ever happen. FAN PROJECT HO!