Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats your favourite Barrel roll

Default Whats your favourite Barrel roll

My favourite is Sol 2 forward, when you get onto the first section where you can drive off the edge i like to drive up the wall on the edge of the track and barrel roll off that.

My other favourite is Sebenco climb forward on the right bend near the top ust before you go down the hill. I like to roll around the corner straight into another roll down the hill.

Problem is i'm a bit crap at it i tend to crash or miss the track, but practice makes perfect i guess.

Whats your favourite barrel roll, you would be happy to blow your ship up in a race just to pull off cos your a show off.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

My favorite is on Anulpha Pass Forward, before the narrow path and of course after leaving the over-pass.

Another is on Ubermall, when you can use a Turbo just before finish line, and another just after the up-hill, then land, grab the speed pad, fly over the chicane and barrel-roll again! Energy expensive but sooo cool!

I also like to barrel-roll on Metropia Reverse, in the curve before the vertical maglock portion.

ubermall one you speak of were the first barrels i found in the game they still as good as ever. especially the second one when you dont crash in the s bend.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tileon

kyonshi's ubermall forward double roll is one I always do If I can.... just love it.

There's Vineta K forward, the last jump in the tunnel, barrel rolling on it then landing on a speed pad can save you precious time.

On the same portion you can boost and then roll over the straight finish line.

I have yet to manage to chain both... is it possible? in phantom?

Timezone
    GMT -5

No no no - the third one is the best on Ubermall forward - yeah your shields take a pounding, but there is nothing like keeping pace with someone who used a boost - just by linking multiple BRs yourself. Then you use your boost to skip past them. It's just....

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Speaking of tricky BRs; anyone can do one when entering the overpass on Anulpha? Like you have to do in Beat Zico challenge... I often tried to, but it means leaping from the upper-part of the ramp and then air-breaking and/or banking left not to fall down and barrel-rolling at the same time... Or maybe im totally wrong and wasting time doing this xD

Timezone
    GMT -5

On Anulpha forward, I find that online - the BR ONTO the bridge, is too risky. One bump from another player - or one weapon, and things go sideways on you.

If you have a boost, on the other hand - and you're at the beginning of the upper deck - pitch up - and you can fly up into the air, BR - and then you land right on top of the speed pads on the 2nd half of the upper deck. That works just fine.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Quote Originally Posted by IH8YOU View Post
    On Anulpha forward, I find that online - the BR ONTO the bridge, is too risky. One bump from another player - or one weapon, and things go sideways on you.

If you have a boost, on the other hand - and you're at the beginning of the upper deck - pitch up - and you can fly up into the air, BR - and then you land right on top of the speed pads on the 2nd half of the upper deck. That works just fine.
    That seems pretty neat indeed ^^

But when i got a Turbo on the overpass, i prefer using all 4 speed pads, then use the Turbo after the 4th to maintain top-speed, and then fall down barrel-rolling and VROOOOOOOOOM away The gap being stretched between the rest of the pack is so satisfying

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

After the first turn on AP Forward (with a boost) which starts a chain of BRs (3 if i'm lucky) while going through the tight passage. And I like it because most of the time it just blows away the competition or puts me up with the top competitors. Which is where I like to be!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

hard to single them out but heres a few.

vineta-k reverse. into the first tunnel on flash.

metropia, after second straight on the righthander.

sol 2 forward. turbo on start/finish straight br land on end of straight.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Sol 2

Close seconds are Chengou Project Reverse shortcut and Sebenco Climb Forward skillcuts (either triple BR going down and into the tunnel, or turbo + BR on tunnel exit)

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I like the ones that work when I want them to.

I don't like the ones that happen when I wasn't meaning to do one or the ones that don't work but still take shield energy.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    afatsuoM

My favorite barrel roll is the one dropping off the overpass in Anulpha Pass, but only from zone 50 and up. It feels realy nice being able to do it (enough energy left) and it gives a massive boost.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

chenghou forward
    after the left inverted bend curve, befor the robot build robot
    i go on the wall and make a BR
    very effective in venom and flash.
    in rapier and phantom, it's better to take the pads...

of course, the same on Sol2 is possible...

but the one i like the most is on metropia reverse, before the magstrip
    it requieres control to not hit the outter wall, and i try to get the double, and triple found by our friend pirhapac...

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

My favourite BRs are -

The one on AP rev when you get a boost and use it just after the start finish line and you can pull off a BR.

After the last corner on rev Vink, use a boost there (by 2 speed pads) and make that into a BR.

Finding Brs on sol2 rev Zone was fun !!

PSN ID
    JJohnEames

I like barrel rolling anywhere but i guess my favourites are :

On metropia reverse, the hill just before the finish line. Barrel rolling of that and over someone to steal their position is so satisfing .

Again on metropia reverse, on the straight after the finish line, turbo over the 3 speed pads and pitch and you can barrel roll and this leads into the br just before the mag strip. Its not easy to do but so fast when you pull it off, alot of fun.

Sebenco rev, the jump straight after the first corner. Cant set a good time without it

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by Spece2goin View Post
    chenghou forward
    after the left inverted bend curve, befor the robot build robot
    i go on the wall and make a BR
    very effective in venom and flash.
    in rapier and phantom, it's better to take the pads...
    The pads are faster even on venom & flash, but the one you can pull on the little bump just after this little section (in the right turn http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MApEiE7g3Mk ) is efficient, but hard to control on phantom

PSN ID
    krioto

My favourite is boosting out of the tunnel on Vineta K forward, and barrel-rolling to the finish line.

I'm too hyped to work - need to get home and sleep, wake up, go to work, go home and fury.

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

One of my favourites is Ubermall reverse, you can pretty much cut over the second chicane on Phantom (no Turbo needed), fitting in a barrel roll as you go over it, then as you go over the hill, execute a second BR. Or the first downhil corner on Vineta K reverse. Trying to keep your line while executing a BR makes it a little more exciting. Or even the last bend on Chengou reverse after the hairpin, just getting a little air on top of the hill to get a BR from it.

I think the most satisfying ones to be honest are the ones you can get on practically flat land, where you used to think it wasnt possible to do them. Propping your nose up at just the right place as you go over a little bump in the track, and getting barely enough air to execute one but landing it is far more satisfying!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Here is what is possibly my 2nd favourite (18 seconds into the video):
    http://www.wegame.com/watch/WOHD_SRs_2nd_Fav_BR_Probs/

I'll try to get a video of my favourite as it's a bit hard to explain and people will probably think I mean a different one if I try.