Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: ZONE / Zone Battle thread of vEry awEsomEnEss

Timezone
    GMT + 9

Competition between Zzonk and Snake on Synco is still hot!
    You almost get the legendary trophy "DOUBLE ZEUS"
    On the other hand, I am still standing very far away from my goal,zone 60 on Sebenco...
    I hitted 55 several times, but I cannot control big air happening before tunnel from zone50+ so my craft lost a lot of energy at zigzag area after tunnel.
    Please give me some tips in order to finish my nightmare.

Amaroq, nice to meet you
    I know it is very difficult to play HDFury track on 2048 compared with on PS3.
    I managed to hit 50,73 is very good.
    And 88 on CapitalReach is very great too, you can hit 100+,and set a new WORLDRECORD! Keep it up
    Last edited by Sunnydays; 13th September 2014 at 09:53 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I did it. I got to Supersonic in the HD DLC...

image.jpg

I am the greatest!

Edit: If you are wondering why it is rotated, I blame my iPhone... -.-

- - - - - - -

Re-Edit: Is detonator stuff allowed in this thread?
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 13th September 2014 at 09:45 PM.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Detonator?? I don't know actually
    But detonator is classed as a extension of Zone mode so my guess is that wouldn't be a problem at all.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

Sebenco Climb has become salty and was bodied.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

Whoa! That was incredible! Congratulations! Sebenco is a HORRIBLE track for zoning! I can only reach maybe Zone 41! You are seriously awesome!

Timezone
    GMT + 9

It's unblievable, LightBuster!
    Sebenco is the most difficult track to dress in black so the gteat title "MACH IS BLACK" is in your hand ten to one.
    Good job!
    Last edited by Sunnydays; 14th September 2014 at 04:04 AM.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

I have been left speechless, that was incredible
    Now you need to get Supersonic on Sebenco lol kidding we know that's impossible. Or is it???!!!!!

-EDIT- Hey guys I've figured out a way were you can determine your true positions are on the Syncopia.
    Ryuga aka funeral mask holds the WR and is ranked at 74th place, above him are the corrupted scores (can someone double check he is 74th just in case)

SO! Take your false position on the leaderboard and subtract the amount of 74 from your rank and then you get your true rank!!

So for me I stand at 112th place on Syncopia, -74 makes me into 38th place!!!!
    Oh I'm so happy to know that I have the 38th best score in the world
    Last edited by Snakenator1; 14th September 2014 at 03:48 PM.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Zzonk!! I just did Zone mode in Internal View (1st person) on Syncopia and you have to try it!! Its so much fun

I just cleared 102 Zones using internal view and it was great! Why? The games frame rate increases with 1st person since its not loading the ship model anymore. Plus since the camera is close to the track itself the perceived speed is faster!! Zone 90 felt like Zone 115+

It was great fun, definitely gonna do more internal view zones for fun. But not for serious record breaking runs because it is harder 1st person.
    Guys give it a try

Timezone
    GMT -6

You're talking about HD, right? And not 2048? In HD, it doesn't mamtter because it is always running at around 60. However, I tend not to fly with Internal View because of the lack of a cockpit model; it is just a disembodied camera floating above the ground, which gets extremely disorienting. However, I used to frequently fly internal view when I first started playing WipEout.

Piranha Fury + Pilot Assist + Phantom + 99 Laps around Anulpha Pass + Internal View = Motion Sickness.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 16th September 2014 at 04:50 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

I've tried internal view before, but I couldn't get used to it. The problem is that I could never tell how close I was to the walls because there are no markers visible, such as the front of the ship. I haven't been able to play for a few days, but I really want to. I also want to set up a ZB date, Snake!

I am aware of the 74 corrupted scores in front of Ryuga's, but there is one score there that has about 464,000 points, so that score is still better than mine too. So I believe I am ranked #30 or #31. I've been trying to catch Doriett for months, but I am really close to him now!

Sunnydays: Thanks. Yeah, I zone on Syncopia the most, but I still try the other tracks sometimes. Other tracks I zone on are Anulpha Pass reverse and Modesto Heights reverse.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

@Amaroq: yup you're right my bad See I wasn't Zoning with my glasses on so it felt like the Frame rate sped up, now I actually did it with my glasses on I feel like an idiot lol

However I will hold onto my statement that Zoning with internal does increase the perceived speed of each Zone, mainly because the camera is situated at the front of the craft obstacles look like they approach you faster. So I will up-hold my statement about the perceived speed.
    Also granted I agree with both of you, internal is hard to adjust as it looks like motion sickness.

I actually have a lot of fun with Internal view Zone, it feels like a roller coaster ride so I am going to keep doing 1st person Zone from now on just simply for fun.
    What I will do I will split my Zone sessions into two categories:

Standard Zone: How I will play Zone normally so high Zone reached, barrel rolls etc.
    Daredevil Zone: Entire Zone session from Zone 1 till the last is spent in Internal view, no barrel rolls just simply how far can I go.

So to start here is my Daredevil Zone session from just now:
    Track: Syncopia
    Zone cleared: 105
    Perfect Zones: 73
    Score: 245774

Zone in 1st person is a lot of fun to me, I will try Anulpha Pass fwd soon and see how far I get doing a daredevil zone. Wish me luck
    Anyone else is welcome to try my new category, but I think I'm the only pilot crazy enough to Zone in such a way
    Last edited by Snakenator1; 17th September 2014 at 03:18 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

Not the best run, but at least Ubermall got out of the way faster than I anticipated.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

I'm not worthy.

I honestly think your accomplishments on these tough tracks are far superior to my accomplishments on the easier zoning tracks. I am speechless, especially since Ubermall is my worst and least favorite track in the game.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by Snakenator1 View Post

Zone in 1st person is a lot of fun to me, I will try Anulpha Pass fwd soon and see how far I get doing a daredevil zone. Wish me luck
    Anyone else is welcome to try my new category, but I think I'm the only pilot crazy enough to Zone in such a way
    i dont want to disappoint you, but...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgOq5TgazAE

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Definitely not the first one then, forget my category idea lol

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

I seem to remember there being an internal cam view zone session on Modesto Heights that reached Mach 1. Was it Light Buster? I remember another one on Talon's Junction that reached Supersonic. I hope I can find the links.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

It was all set by musashi mitsu. My posted link was one of his 4 or 5 WORLD RECORDS done in internal view. Just go for his channel.
    Imo one of the best stuff ever posted ( together with ryugas zone 173 syncopia run) for wipeout.

Timezone
    GMT + 9

Yes, Musashimitsu. His videos were very impressive.
    I thought at once that Musashimitsu was kousoku3180
    because his score shown in that videos were WR level and
    SuperRyuga's videos are not internal view.
    But clearly Musashimitsu is a different person from kousoku3180 judging from HUD.
    Musashimitsu's HUD is English and kousoku3180's HUD
    is Japanese.

The most impressive video at zone mode for me is uploaded by oggob.
    Title is "oggob-wipEout Fusion zone151-complete".
    Please check his video, and you must be amazed!
    Last edited by Sunnydays; 19th September 2014 at 03:16 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Hi guys,

I appreciate your interest in my videos, I took on a new job lately and it takes most of my time these days,
    hopfully all will change in the near future and I'll have more time to practice.
    until then, here is an old video from 2012 (like the modesto and the amphiseum these videos were before the update).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmG57V4krbo
    It is very nice to see that all the different tracks are being played, each one is unique and challenging in its own way.
    about the internal view, you should try to combine it with the motion sensor it is truly a different game.
    for me it is the ultimate experience.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Welcome to WipEout Zone, Mitsu.

I still think internal view is disorientimg, and I tried motion control on both PS3 and Vita. I could never master it on the PS3 (until it died), and on the Vita the motion control is complete crap.