Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: ZONE / Zone Battle thread of vEry awEsomEnEss

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Darnit just did a 138 Zone run on Syncopia I was so close to going beyond my PB of 140
    312467 points
    97 perfect zones

I'm debating doing a run with barrel rolls to set a new score record and push me up the leaderboards, but my perfect zones are to inconsistent at the moment

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

I would personally recommend doing some barrel rolls. Your total zones and perfect zones should put you somewhere in the 380,000-430,000 range. Earlier today I had a 133/103 run for 420,000 points. I often have 310,000 points by Zone 85 or so, so I think it's time for you to start barrel rolling and working your way on up the leaderboards! BRs are a good way to FORCE you to get perfect zones because you won't be restoring your lost ship energy any other way!

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Hmm I see your point there, my last run with barrel rolls was at 122 zones and I think the score was in the 370,000 range with 80-90 perfect zones. I am probably capable of it, I mean the 138 zone run saw me drop below 10% energy on zones 122/127/131 before my demise.
    Saying that my current record was long ago to, I am getting farther Zone wise as well. Guess its time for a run then to beat my high score. See how it goes when I do it then

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

Good luck!

But here's the thing:

There comes a point in your abilities where it's smarter to stop barrel rolling because the extra points compete directly against your own survival. I typically max out on BRs until maybe Zone 27 when Super Phantom starts. Then I do one BR per lap until Mach 1. Then I do maybe two BRs every three laps for the rest of the game. But once I have a hard time getting two consecutive perfect zones, I tend to stop BRs completely (usually after Zone 110). So I'll often have maybe 80 ship energy or so at about Zone 110 and then whether I keep doing BRs depends on how many perfect zones I get afterwards. I usually have these markers:

100,000 points at Zone 28
    200,000 points at Zone 54-56
    300,000 points at Zone 80-85
    350,000 points at Zone 100
    400,000 points at Zone 115-125

There comes a point on Syncopia, however, when BRs can screw you up because of the weird camera angles and possibly landing off the track! So be careful!

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Thanks for those markers, should give me an idea of what to try and aim for. But obviously I'll go with what my instinct says with the appropriate situation, hoping to at least:

Get 380,000 points
    Reach higher than zone 130

That's if all goes according to plan at least

PSN ID
    TheWalkingFroggy

Yep guys, for reach high scores on Syncopia you must barrel roll like a crazy
    I usually barrel roll until 130, then I begin to get energy with perfect zones ( I still do some barrel roll every 2-3 laps ) until I get 100 energy.
    Then if I see I'm going well I do again some barrel roll, and get again 100 energy, of course this is risky..

The trick is to see when you have to stop doing BRs because you can't get perfect zones anymore

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

The most frustrating thing about zone is how you can be doing really well and then have ONE screw up that sends you from near maximum energy to borderline critical. I just had one of those kinds of runs. Had near-max ship energy at about Zone 120 when it all came apart. The final result was a 128/106 run for 424,000 points, which is actually my third highest point total ever. But that run easily could have been in the 130s or maybe better. I got a video of it too, but I doubt I'll post it. Oh well.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

I did a score run on Syncopia and the results were:

Score: 407,768
    Zones: 133
    Perfect zones: 100

Yeah I'm really chuffed with that, first time I broke the 400,000 mark so a new PB for score
    Also miles I had the same thing happen, one error broke down the entire run, could of been a much better Zone.

I've had a curse lately where I've had 12 runs were my run ended at 133 zones, 6 of those runs were consecutive as well. 133 zones six times in a row is rather disturbing

-EDIT- In fact I would like to retract my statement before of preferring Zone over Score runs. I actually had a lot of fun going for the points so I will most likely do more of them in the future. The conversion has been completed you could say
    Last edited by Snakenator1; 11th September 2014 at 06:33 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

Snake, there's a ZB room going on now!

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Wait for me!!

-EDIT- I had to pull out early as I ran out of time, but that was great
    Last edited by Snakenator1; 11th September 2014 at 07:22 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

Well, that was interesting. I clearly need to practice some of those tracks. I'm either pretty good at them or pretty bad at them. There is no in-between. Corridon 12 and Pro Tozo are in my "pretty bad" category, so I better practice!

Those Anulpha Pass races were pretty intense. I tried multiple strategies (including spamming zone barriers), but still couldn't pull out the win!

GGs to you and Lilith though!

Timezone
    GMT -6

I managed to get to Zone 71 on Syncopia in the HD DLC for 2048, and Zone 57 on Anulpha Pass. Interestingly, all of the teams handle differently in the HD Zone Mode when you are playing it through 2048.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Thanks and likewise to you to, the Anulpha pass battle were the best ones
    I Zone battle Anulpha a lot so that's how I was so competitive against Lilith.

Its really in the timing between Zone boosts, on Anulpha I do a boost straight after the first corner to pull ahead of the pack and thus avoid barriers early on. Then I do as many full boosts as I can. That's my strategy.

Your awesome to race though miles and I had a lot of fun battling you, we should have a 1v1 sometime

-EDIT- Yeah zone mode on the 2048 DLC is a lot harder because of the handling physics, my Syncopia stands on 75 zones.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

Quote Originally Posted by Snakenator1 View Post
    I did a score run on Syncopia and the results were:

Score: 407,768
    Zones: 133
    Perfect zones: 100

Yeah I'm really chuffed with that, first time I broke the 400,000 mark so a new PB for score

-EDIT- In fact I would like to retract my statement before of preferring Zone over Score runs. I actually had a lot of fun going for the points so I will most likely do more of them in the future. The conversion has been completed you could say
    Congratulations! The 400,000 point club puts you in some pretty elite company! How did those zone markers I told you about (for points) match up for you? I think you and I are at about the same level of skill on this track. So I'll be looking forward to your updates!

Also, when do you typically have your first flawed zone? I have made it to Zone 91 without hitting anything, but typically I hit the wall for the first time around Zone 70 in a moment of carelessness.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

^ The markers for me I don't know as I didn't keep track, but I want to say I hit 400,000 on Zone 120.

My first flawed zone are random, I'm a little inconsistent with my perfects but I normally have that Zone always before 75

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

Thanks and likewise to you to, the Anulpha pass battle were the best ones
    I Zone battle Anulpha a lot so that's how I was so competitive against Lilith.

Your awesome to race though miles and I had a lot of fun battling you, we should have a 1v1 sometime
    Thanks! Looking forward to it!

I can actually do better at ZB in one-on-ones because there are usually fewer obstacles on the track. And today's tracks were ones I'm not that good at. I'm much better at Anulpha Pass reverse, Moa Therma, Vineta K, Chenghou forward, and of course Syncopia.

Anyway, I have the house to myself for the next three weeks, so it'll be easier for me to race for now. Let's hook up!

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Definitely
    Although I'm not available till Saturday now so then would be great

Agreed that 1v1 are great because of the lower barrier count on the track. Definitely more intense.

Timezone
    GMT -6

-EDIT- Yeah zone mode on the 2048 DLC is a lot harder because of the handling physics, my Syncopia stands on 75 zones.
    What I meant is that each team handles differently from the others. The FEISAR zone ship oversteers all of the time, while the Icarus HD and Triakis Fury seem to handle just right in Zone Mode. I would like to say that 2048's default zone mode is even harder, because you jump straight from A+ (super phantom) to Mach 1, but those tracks are optimized for 2048's physics, AND the 2048 ships are a lot smaller. (My record is 88 zones for Capital Reach, with the AG-Sys agility).
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 11th September 2014 at 09:11 PM.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

^ I knew what you mean't, I was referring to the handling mechanics in general. But you are right though and it seems a little odd but I do like how choice of the team you race for actually affects your zone experience

Timezone
    GMT -6

I want to be the first person to get Zone Zeus on Anulpha Pass in 2048. If it hasn't been done already, I mean.

While I am on the subject, has anybody noticed that the Detonator ship is actually smaller than all of the other ships? However, it has the same stats as the Zone ship. It would be wonderful if you could use the Detonator ship in Zone Mode~

I also noticed that my performance in Zone Mode is significantly higher when my mind is thinking about something completely different... Ironically. So why not listen to WipEout - The Teams in podcast form? Through this, I just beat my record on Syncopia by two zones (so I am now at 73), and the Auricom informational segment just finished.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 12th September 2014 at 04:55 AM.