Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: ZONE / Zone Battle thread of vEry awEsomEnEss

PSN ID
    TheWalkingFroggy

Quote Originally Posted by Snakenator1 View Post
    Still look at your 183 Zones and just, awe and wonder, want to feel such speed :3 2000km/h me just want. But I'm only 43 Zones off beating that and setting a new Zone WR
    I'm up for ZB as well any day
    I said so many times I wanted to reach 200, but I lost skills, I think I can't even reach my record anymore

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

Also, El Cho has been working his way up the leaderboards quite quickly. He's now ranked #5 worldwide with about 560,000 points and 165 zones or so. I remember when he was at about 390,000 points and 120-something zones.

Sorry to hear about your accounts, Ryuga. That's gotta be frustrating.

I'm actually online now. Just tried zoning Sebenco Climb reverse. Man, that track is evil. Only hit Zone 41 before crashing out. In a sick way, that's actually one of my favorite zone tracks.

EDIT: Aaaaannnnd my PS3 just froze. Oh well. I'll be back in an hour or so.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

I've been playing other games a bit recently, so I'm out of practice. But I picked up this game again today and zoned for the first time in a few weeks. I got a 126/102 run for 409,500 points. The fact that I didn't even consider this run to be that great is a sign that my expectations and skill level have improved considerably. Now, any race in which I don't break 400,000 points, 120 zones, or 100 perfect zones is seen as a failed run. The thing I like the most about Zone is how you keep inching your way higher and higher towards greatness. Anyway, in this run, I had some major screwups in the 90s and was down to about 40 ship energy. But I was able to get some perfect zones/laps and get back up to 100 energy at around Zone 118. Then things sort of fell apart.

PSN ID
    TheWalkingFroggy

I tried today on Syncopia, didn't tried for a loooot of time. Reached 173 not bad I guess!

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Not bad?!! I'm not sure if I could get to that Zone for a long time yet, that's amazing

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

Oh no! Disaster has struck!

Was sitting pretty at Zone 122 or so and about to complete a perfect lap when I somehow oversteered and hit the wall. That led to a loss of about 60-70 ship energy, which is fatal at that speed. I somehow hung on for another 10 zones or so before finally crashing out. It's a 134/105 run for 426,000 points. I've hit Zone 134 a few times already, but 105 is the highest number of perfect zones I've achieved and I beat my old points record by 1000. I know I could probably get a 140/110 run for 450,000 points if I don't make any stupid mistakes, but everytime I fix one problem, another problem appears! Oh well. I got this on video, so I'll post that later.

Attachment 8921

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

I think that in zone mode on the less popular tracks tends to be a shorter attempt. For me personally, I get bored around zone 70 anyways. I have to pee, or need some water, or have to answer the phone etc... So I think I am personally suited for shorter zone runs. Got to zone 55+ on Chenghou reverse the other day. Got to near zone 50 on both Sols, you get the idea. For me, sitting for one attempt for longer than 15-20 minutes is just too loooooooooooong. I wish there was a way to start out at any zone previously reached, as a sort of practice. Now that would be awesome.

Maybe as you unlock a speed, you can start there for practice (and by that I mean you don't count the score).

PSN ID
    TheWalkingFroggy

Hey guys! Recently I recorded a session of Zone on Syncopia, where I reached again 173 ( This number is strange, everytime I try a run there, I always reach 173! )
    But I could do better. A single error and everything f*cked up! Waaa
    I'll upload soon!

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

I just had a Zone run right now and reached Zone 139, 1 zone of my highest zone reached and setting a new PB dammit >.<
    Score was 327,541
    Perfect Zone was 99

I may have another run later

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Can't wait to see that speed Ryuga!

And nice one snake I'd like to do it again as well, but the beginning up to zone 50 always takes so looooong

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

Quote Originally Posted by XxSuperRyugaxX View Post
    Glad to see that Zone mode will never die
    Of course it won't. It will never die until I've hit Mach 1 on every track.

Timezone
    GMT + 9

Nice to meet you, zone masters
    This is my first visit to this site and writing.
    I'm a japanese and we japanese do not have the custom of using english, so my english is a bit strange
    Light Buster, i'm very interested in your charange, so please tell me
    which track is most difficult to dress in black for you?
    I want to charange that track till hitting 60.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Welcome to the forum fellow pilot, we hope you enjoy your time here
    No worries about the English problem either

Also guys I set a new PB of 144 Zones!!
    But plot twist it isn't on WOHD *gasp* No I set this record on Wipeout 2048, Sol, XP earned was 8400. I think its still an impressive run that.
    This now bares the question I thought of, which game had the best Zone mode???
    Last edited by Snakenator1; 3rd September 2014 at 12:46 PM. Reason: typo

Timezone
    GMT + 9

Thank you, Snakenator1.
    I am glad to see you
    Your record on SOL is amazing
    I love zone mode on 2048 too.
    But on SOL,especially from zone 100+,the bug that through the floor of landing point after long climbing and big air sometimes happen.
    This bag is not yet fixed, so i do not practice this track recently.
    My favorite track of 2048 is UnitySquare, Metropark, CaptalReach and RockwayStudium.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

@Sunny Hi and welcome!
    I think sebenco is the hardest to get to 60, i struggle to get to 50 even (49 my max so far :/), many corners, weird banking in track, a crazy mess

And zone on 2048 is nice, i like it, makes me feel like i'm in an arcade ^^

Cipher

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydays View Post
    But on SOL,especially from zone 100+,the bug that through the floor of landing point after long climbing and big air sometimes happen.
    This bag is not yet fixed, so i do not practice this track recently.
    That is a common problem for me to and the bug won't be fixed anytime soon sadly. BUT! I have discovered a way to stop it recently. Simply pitch the nose of the craft up (down on the analog stick) and you won't fall through the track

I to also love those tracks.

Timezone
    GMT + 9

Hi Chiper, nice to meet you
    I tried Sebenco 4times after seeing your choice.
    I managed to hit 48...
    First left corner is very tight
    I can manage to handle other corner but first...
    If luckily I can hit Mach1, I upload on youtube.
    But i don't know when I can do that

Snaketator, this is a very good news for not only me but also all those who enjoy zone mode on SOL
    This problem was often taken up in the japanese board of 2048, but nobody could solve it.
    Thank you very much.
    Last edited by Sunnydays; 3rd September 2014 at 04:23 PM.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

You're most welcome, glad to know I've helped out the gaming community with this problem ^_^

PSN ID
    TheWalkingFroggy

Hey Sunnydays! I'm glad to see a new fan of zone mode here! You'll enjoy for sure this site, we are like a family
    And yup, reach 60 on Sebenco is a very pain in the *ss. I did it time ago but after a lot of trials! Very very hard..

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Aureales (previously El__Cho)

I'm going to surpass Ryuga. Actually I own a 172 Zones record, dear Rosario... And I hope you RETURN TO TRY A NEW RECORD (and the mystic zone 200) with my music mix.