Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: ZONE / Zone Battle thread of vEry awEsomEnEss

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    RaiderHutch

I haven't had a great deal of time to play Fury just yet, but I sure like what they did with Zone battle. It sure seems tough to find anyone to compete with online though.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Quote Originally Posted by Rubix42 View Post
    ... So It's better to save the boost then use it right away, as the amount you get per pad increases the more you have saved. Great stuff. ...
    Yeah most of the time. Risk and Reward.

There is another thing to consider. If you can even remember the barriers
    from last lap, then you get a feeling when to use the shield and when to go
    for a full boost bar with less risk.

@djKyoto: They might, but they aren't. From a design point of view it's rather
    difficult to reduce something to the maximum. They show pure essence, no
    overhead or anything alike. However, I love zoning the other new tracks as
    well. There are some nice little touch-ups such as the dotted lines on sharp
    corner etc..

@Spece2goin: xD Yeah right, esp. those two turns on Coridon 12 are quite
    tough. I never played any of the new track before (yep, I started out with
    HD), but playing Syncopia was / is ... uhh ... so breathtaking.

@Reezy: You will.
    The Online Rank does contribute, you have to battle (win) against high birds.
    But it seems that lvl 40+ players won't likely play Zone Battle that much. I
    don't know. I had only about three or four lvl 40+ on my server, yesterday,
    and I was playing for hours.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

It just took me 2 1/2 hours to get an elite gold medal in the first stage of the campaign. Wow. It was aggravatingly hard. Not a fan of zone either, which didn't help lol.

*looks over shoulder quickly for any sign of ProblemSolver*

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

@ PS - I was in your room for a bit last night. Seems like you took to Zone Battle on AP like a duck to water....

I knew you would like Syncopia, beautiful track. I seem to be oversteering or overbraking a lot on the new zone tracks (the pure 4) but with time and practice I will improve. Congrats on Supersonic already there, top effort.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sh1kamaru-

hello there, just came back home for the weeek-end and just wanted to post a hot reaction for the new zone battle mode.

I get mixed feeling about this

The boost thing is really a good thing, first speeds are boring it's very nice to be able to go further that way. But I'm a bit disappointed by the traps the opponent can put in front of you. I started last so the first person had already a slight advantage and could put that sort of things. It's not the way I like zone mode, for me zone mode is all about concentration, pushing the limits as far as you can, taking the best lines you can take, adding this just ruins the whole experience imho

I would have liked a zone mode with no collision, just play with another player side by side and trying to raise each other to a higher ground, but instead of playing together players are just opponents, I would like some sort of cooperative mode for zone, but as I said, this is just a hot reaction so don't take it too seriously, I would like to thank SL for what they've done, I guess everyone's got his own vision about the game and would like it to be like that

have a nice evening guys, I'm worried that I won't be able to play with you, as I'm not home those days, so I just play pulse atm, but I hope I'll soon be able to play with you

have fun !
    (didn't read the new posts on this thread, I wonder what you guys think about this, see that tomorrow)

PSN ID
    Reezellthia

I have a feeling zone battle will be better played with fewer people, or less "noobs" who drop their barriers every other speed pad they go over.
    This may be a good strategy when you see someone behind you and you drop it like a bomb, or on a blind bend.
    However, at this early stage where most people don't have much clue what they're doing, they're droping them left right and centre. They have no chance to win themselves, and may spoil a good duel, truel, quadule, or quintule between the more skilled players
    Hope that doesn't come across too elitist, but I feel this mode will become (even) more fun (than it already is) and competitive once people are on a level playing field.

PSN ID
    RobCoxy

I would have liked a zone mode with no collision, just play with another player side by side and trying to raise each other to a higher ground, but instead of playing together players are just opponents
    I agree. I'm not saying i don't like Zone Battle. It's pretty damn good! But i don't see why SL didn't just create a mode for 2 or even 8 players where you race zones until you die. The last one standing wins, and the first one to die loses etc etc. In my opinion that would have been a lot better.

But hey, i've only played a moderate amount of Zone Battle at the moment so this is also a bit of a hot reaction. I'll probably get to like it more after i've played it a little more .

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I'm not a huge zone fan but enjoyed zone battle tonight with some WOZoners. I felt it had very much lots of vEry awEsomEnEss (technical term?).

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Yah, I admit, zone battle is somewhat likable to me. I despise detonator though lol.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

Default ...

At first (the very first game of detonator) I thought it was awesome. It had an arcade feel to it. The little "blaster" sounds you hear when you shoot and stuff, it was just really neat. And then came the mad requirements to even get a bronze metal on elite. I spent a long, long time going through long, long sessions only to die without a medal. Ever since then I've been working my way through the campaigns skipping the detonator games. I do them when I absolutely have to.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

For Detonator help, see here and here
    I will do my best to help you guys. Post the questions you have and I will try to answer them.
    I have no problems reaching Gold Medal on Elite Detonator so hopefully you shall too once I'm done answering your questions.
    I made a video, will upload it soon to my Youtube Channel, to show how I play Detonator. I play the same way on Campaign, so if you imitate you'll get much higher scores than those needed on Elite

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Quote Originally Posted by Handmadelion View Post
    I spent a long, long time going through long, long sessions only to die without a medal. Ever since then I've been working my way through the campaigns skipping the detonator games. I do them when I absolutely have to.
    You and me both... I even had to resort completing one on Easy, after getting silver 6 times in a row on a eliminator and I needed the point dammit

I hope I one day will grow to love it.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemSolver View Post
    I actually reached SUPERSONIC on Syncopia;

The coloring looks superb.
    I got supersonic first try on it also (77 zones)

I saw your score there on the leaderboard, over 100k clear of anyone else. Very nice.

I liked and didn't like the Supersonic coloring scheme (it was easier to see, but it didn't look as cool as the neon blue/black, mind your Mach 1 has gone from ass to awesome). I havn't tried doing zone again on a HD track yet, but is the zone coloring scheme still the same or is it gold/white for supersonic on all the tracks now or just the special zone 4?

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

PS, can you add to the first post all of the details on zone battle mode? rules, mechanics and such please(?).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

H e l l , Syncopia is my new Anulpha Pass! You were right, Silverfox! I just
    played some more runs yesterday by listen to Fury's sound tracks. Oh my god,
    it's so unbelievable. And this new SUPERSONIC color scheme is so kick a$$!
    You have to see it in motion! But all the new color schemes are sooo great.
    Initially I had some concerns about the color-banding moving in front of the
    craft, but it works out. Everything fits together like never before; the coloring,
    the smoothness, and the overall beauty clearly makes it better than zoning
    on the standard tracks. I never thought saying this, but it's true. But this
    isn't to say that I don't like zoning on all the standard tracks.

My new Synco record reads 108 / 86. And I'm nowhere near any limits.
    Unfortunately, no new color scheme for zone 100. Ritaaa, don't leave me
    alone up there! Please!

@djKyoto: First try? Holy! It took me three. Keep it coming! The color
    schemes are only different for all the special tracks, right.

@H3avyM3tal: Already in the works.
    Last edited by ProblemSolver; 25th July 2009 at 01:55 PM. Reason: spell

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Yesterday i tried to obtain the "don't shoot any mines till stage 10" or around trophy.
    I stay in stage 9, with a "bomb ahead", two times. Even i played in Anulpha Pass, which i know very well (for zone zeus and zico), but anyways i can't beat it.

Only a ffuu post.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemSolver View Post
    My new Synco record reads 108 / 86. And I'm nowhere near any limits.
    Unfortunately, no new color scheme for zone 100. Ritaaa, don't leave me
    alone up there! Please!

@djKyoto: First try? Holy! It took me three. Keep it coming! The color
    schemes are only different for all the special tracks, right.
    Oh, thats good. I don't think ill see Supersonic on any of the other 3 Zone tracks anyway.

I'm try Syncopia again soon, see if I can hunt you down* PS.

*Disclamer - Will never actually happen, but I can try. =D
    Last edited by djKyoto; 25th July 2009 at 03:39 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Then you have to go at least for zone 120 now. Have fun!

EDIT:
    Was kinda of a blast. *pfwww* But still no new color scheme.
    Last edited by ProblemSolver; 25th July 2009 at 03:59 PM.

PSN ID
    AnErare, AnE

Just wanted to say that I've earned my first WR

It's with Corridon 12: 55z 37pz 143k. Not any good and was my 2nd attempt but it is the lead for now
    I'll be posting a vid on youtube later today!
    Last edited by AnErare; 25th July 2009 at 05:00 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

For a few hours. hn9354 got you.