Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: ZONE / Zone Battle thread of vEry awEsomEnEss

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

My best effort on Syncopia is around 70 perfect in a row. The thing is not to worry too much about the odd mistake and just make sure you do the next zone or lap perfect. Its pretty hard to keep concentration for close to/over 20 minutes so the odd mistake doesn't hurt and will help resharpen your focus.

To get through the first few zones I try to see how fast I can get to 100,000. Zone 27 is the quickest I've made it but I can never hit every speed pad for some reason. Then just do 1 BR per lap to slowly build my energy back up. If I make a mistake from subsonic onwards I don't do a BR that lap. I personally use this all the way to about zone 85/90, I know others will use it to beyond 100. Its just how comfortable you are about how far you can get. To me it feels a bit weird going round Syncopia with 100% energy, just feels wasteful !! However, from 100 onwards its very easy to make a little mistake that leads into a big one that can use over 50% of your energy.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sh1kamaru-

did 66 in a row and then crashed very hard. I managed to stay the whole 90s with low energy, sometimes recovering it and losing it after, did 97/76 (so close to zone 100 xD)

as my aim is 300k/zone 100, I just checkpoints frequently. for instance zone 50 I should be at 150k normally but since I do a perfect beginning, I get more points so that helps me a lot to say myself I've got a good run ^^. It turns out that I break 200k at zone 55

for now I'm at 298k/97z perhaps I should go for 350k/120z to actually break 300k/100z

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Matt_XIII_67

I did 105 zones on Anulpha Pass R today : 284k points, 73 perfect zones. I missed a lot of perfect zones in this run, I think 300k is possible. Now there are 6 tracks at 100+, the 2 Anulpha & the 4 Pure tracks. But the leaderboard is not updating...

PSN ID
    Wotan998

Wow , massive well done matt !!! U are the first to reach zone 100 and u broke the last welly's record on zone mode ^^

I did a 100+ run too but on pro tozo and with less point than my pb
    Last edited by Wotan; 23rd August 2009 at 09:21 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 2

My personal best perfect streak on Sync is 61. The fact that some of you can get 75 consecutive perfect zones is really scary, bearing in mind that you get a GOLD trophy just for getting 75 zones AT ALL... lol
    P.S. I'm actually not too bad at De Konstruct in Zone, intrested in how well I will be able to do on the PS3... I say "will" in a very threatening voice, Studio Liverpool
    P.S.2. Played TDR Zone on Pulse this morning- just got to 40, love how everything is green lol
    P.S.3. Cracked 70 on Moa, too... pretty proud of myself (YAY A 1 ZONE IMPROVEMENT lol)

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

How the bloody hell do you people do this?

You are all robots/aliens/possessed

awesome

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Matt_XIII_67

I reached the 300k points on Anulpha R today. I did 304k points (106 zones and 85 perfect zones) and with only 2 attempts!!
    In the last 10 zones my heart was beating really fast and my legs were shaking. I love this game!

PSN ID
    Reezellthia

Just Zone Zeused pro tozo, so happy
    Did 4 perfect laps in a row on subsonic, such a buzz.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sh1kamaru-

108/81 -> 320k
    106/89 -> 345k youhou

I finally come to love syncopia, I just wait for the ice cream and can't help but love the work Rita's done on the pure4

"I'm just a player, you are the show" as said hughie tomasson, thanks so much SL for this, you guys (and girls) really rock !

too bad the leaderboards don't update and wipeoutrecords.com doesn't display the pure four yet

/me is now aiming for 400K

[edit] : my new wallpaper
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sh1kamaru-; 23rd August 2009 at 09:02 PM.

PSN ID
    Wotan998

You are crazy matt , well done again .

And congrats reezy and sh1kamaru . I think zone zeus on pro tozo is an hard spot . Maybe can u continue yours efforts to zone 80+ ? .

Yeah the leaderboards are frozen since one week , but there is this website to put our scores before updating : http://wipeout-rankings.mooo.com . Good luck on ur new aim sh1kamaru , and i hope u'll join "the 120/130 zone's crew"

Edit : Superb pic , thanks !!

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

Managed zone 78 on corridon. Thats two tracks i've made zone zeus on now. Didn't really get to appreciate the new colour properly, must improve

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

Congrats yourself Wotan on your Pro Tozo score. Less Zones than PS as well, good effort.

105 on C12 is madness, how many laps did you do ?? must be between 130-150 ??

It is getting annoying that the boards aren't updating - sort it out someone !!

PSN ID
    Wotan998

Thanks , but i was lucky with points and i think pbs will improve soon , he is just 100 points behind ^^

99 laps on corridon 12 ,that's an hard track for hearts
    Last edited by Wotan; 24th August 2009 at 12:08 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

I wonder if I'm still on the top 10 of Syncopia still.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sh1kamaru-

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    You are crazy matt , well done again .

And congrats reezy and sh1kamaru . I think zone zeus on pro tozo is an hard spot . Maybe can u continue yours efforts to zone 80+ ? .

Yeah the leaderboards are frozen since one week , but there is this website to put our scores before updating : http://wipeout-rankings.mooo.com . Good luck on ur new aim sh1kamaru , and i hope u'll join "the 120/130 zone's crew"

Edit : Superb pic , thanks !!
    oh it's online again ! unfortunately I messed up when entering some records I entered on wipeouterecords, they are beatable though so I'll fix that this week-end but sorry for the inconvenience, I tried to edit or delete them but it's seems uneffective, seems like the edit function is borked.

Anyway I'll follow the appropriate thread

Good luck for zone 150

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tileon

no one plays Zone Battle online and that is a shame. I hope it is not discontinued is future iterations of the game, as it is a smart, tacticlal, difficult, fun game mode.

PSN ID
    Wotan998

Zone 150 incoming

Judging to the photo (and my experience on corridon) , i think 99 laps is the maximum the game is able to count . And u can see i took a lot of boosts

Fiou , I'm still trembling , I don't know if I could sleep tonight

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

Nice one wotan, epic score and sooo many boosts

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Quote Originally Posted by tileon View Post
    no one plays Zone Battle online and that is a shame. I hope it is not discontinued is future iterations of the game, as it is a smart, tacticlal, difficult, fun game mode.
    I agree with you 100%

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

@wowo: W....T....f.... oO