Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: WipEout Fury Official Release Date!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by stin View Post
    Seriously, that is fuking amazing price!

And I will be getting it one!

stevie
    Gotta love how it was Mr Lui who posted that. Gotta love what Guillemots said in his comment. XD, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Around here they don't zip through the card machines; many of the card users are so unskilled that they have to try 3 or 4 times before they can get it to work, while I am standing there with about 3 items to buy and with the cash already in hand whilst waiting through their retrys. If they'd paid with cash, I'd already be done and outta there and on my way home with the goodies.
    True true.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Woo-hoo! Next week! It's not often I want to rush through my weekend, but this weekend is an exception! I just know work is going to draaaaaag next week too! Ugh! I can't wait though! $9.99 is a bargain too! Thank you, SL!

Wow. out next week, what a good time to learn a new, just as they are about to release a new one..cant wait.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MAMUTHcz

holly crap ten bucks? thats ridiculously low...i would gladly pay twice as much...waitig till wednesday will certainly kill me

PSN ID
    PLazarou

Some of you guys really need some perspective. I know most people on here would pay through the nose for anything with Wipeout written on it, but £7.99/$9.99 is not 'cheap'.

To everyone shocked by the 'low' price, have you not seen DLC before? This will be one of the more expensive game add-ons available on the Store. The vast majority of DLC is below £5. And it's not entirely dependant on content either - one of the largest DLCs is the UT3 Titan Pack, which is free.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to fight for the other corner and claim it's too expensive at £7.99, but I'm just saying... realistically... what did you all expect? DLC more expensive than the actual game?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    IDReaper

Zico you saved me, I almost spent my cash on something else. But now I have the power to hold on... YAAAAAAAYYYYAAAAAAASOAFhsdhgklasdh;

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Quote Originally Posted by PLazarou View Post
    Some of you guys really need some perspective. I know most people on here would pay through the nose for anything with Wipeout written on it, but £7.99/$9.99 is not 'cheap'.

To everyone shocked by the 'low' price, have you not seen DLC before? This will be one of the more expensive game add-ons available on the Store. The vast majority of DLC is below £5. And it's not entirely dependant on content either - one of the largest DLCs is the UT3 Titan Pack, which is free.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to fight for the other corner and claim it's too expensive at £7.99, but I'm just saying... realistically... what did you all expect? DLC more expensive than the actual game?
    For me this DLC does more than to double the game. It's a kind of new episode of the game, compatible with the first episode.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Finally is official.
    This Thursday will have our desired fury.

Glad you're all looking forward to it.

I've been DYING to tell you all the release date and price all week but I couldn't until it was officially announced over the PlayStation Blog.

I'm sure when you play it and see how much content there is you will all agree that the price really does represent a bargain. You have a whole new Campaign to play through, THREE new game modes, loads of new tracks to learn, new ships, new online ranks, a newly redesigned front end and new music! I've probably missed something out!

Also, we have fixed a number of small issues I know you guys have been concerned about for a while so keep your eyes peeled for those too!

See you online, in Fury next week!!!

Paul.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Are the fixes available if we don't buy Fury? Shouldn't we have been given them already if they fix problems in the current game?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BARTgai

They're probably in update going out on Tuesday.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Zico's post says 6 new music tracks. Does anyone know what the music tracks are?

PSN ID
    Lord_Khan

Quote Originally Posted by PLazarou View Post

$10 for Fury is CHEAP. If you don't think so, then you haven't been gaming that long. We paid $20 for Wipeout HD, and now $10 for the Fury pack which doubles the rather lengthy HD campaign, and adds new gaming elements, and such. That still only tallies to $30 total for the full HD experience.

Now, lets go back to 1996, when Wipeout 1, then XL, and then WO3 were all $40-50ish. Waaaay less content for a heftier price. Wipeout HD and its price points are more than amazing for the Wipeout fans that love that SL has kept the franchise going.

I happily thank SL for a great WO experience with PURE, PULSE, HD, and the coming FURY. Your efforts are highly appreciated. And yes, Wipeout is probably my favorite gaming series of all time, next to Street Fighter. No complaints here.

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    Are the fixes available if we don't buy Fury? Shouldn't we have been given them already if they fix problems in the current game?
    Yes Saturn they are included in the patch which you can download on Tuesday.

Given them already? Like I have said many, many times each and every patch has to go through a lengthy and thorough testing process. It's not as simple as fixing a bug and chucking a fix up on the server. Believe me when I tell you that we (and every other developer no doubt) work very, very hard to provide the very best product we can.

Paul.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Well done on the DLC front SL. Well done indeed. This is way more content than most developers deliver (maybe I shouldn't tell you that) but it is highly appreciated. Keep up the great work.

PSN ID
    drMannevond

Aerobie : This is from the asian playstation-blog :

6 NEW MUSIC TRACKS: New music from artists, Spector, The Crystal Method, Gingy, The Touch, Two Fingers and Noisia, all mixed in 5.1 surround sound.

Doesn't say what songs, but I'm guessing Machine Gun from Noisia at least

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Time to lie, cheat and steal to get my ps3 in working order
    if all else fails cellotape and super glue!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DividedXZero

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Tweedle View Post
    Yes Saturn they are included in the patch which you can download on Tuesday.

Given them already? Like I have said many, many times each and every patch has to go through a lengthy and thorough testing process. It's not as simple as fixing a bug and chucking a fix up on the server. Believe me when I tell you that we (and every other developer no doubt) work very, very hard to provide the very best product we can.

Paul.
    I think what he meant was do we need to DL Fury to get fixes (included as part of the Fury DLC) or would they be downloaded as a seperate patch. Makes sense to avoid having to pay for a fix by having it included as part of the DLC.

And I have no doubt everyone at SL works hard on bugs/glitches/and DLC. It's greatly appreciated! All we can do is support Wipeout and its DLC to show our appreciation. But you guys are the "magic" behind our adrenaline pumped AG racing addiction!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Paul. It was mentioned some time ago that there were fixes for problems that would be released along with Fury. In my own head, that means problems are fixed. As an extension of that, I would assume that it was tested and ready to go. If it hasn't been tested then it could still not work, and isn't really a fix at all. It's just a matter of semantics really that made me think there were fixes ready to go that were being withheld until Fury for some reason, and I couldn't think of a good reason why. I guess it's more efficient to implement it all at the same time though, so further testing and a synchronised server update to handle fixes and the DLC would make sense.

Anyway, thanks for clarifying. I might not buy Fury right away as I'm only just getting to where I want to be with the current game, so it's good to know I'll get the fixes as well (and before Fury comes out too ).
    Thanks to SL for taking the feedback on board and working on the issues. I'll try to be slightly less sceptical in future.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    ... Shouldn't we have been given them already if they fix problems in the current game?
    Was thinking the same.

Well, I guess they've fixed lots of bugs etc. weeks before but have somehow
    decided to apply all these changes in one go (to make it big), which is odd if
    true. It seems like that even bugfixes need a blog these days. I don't know....

Edit:
    Two question:
    (a) Will the Fury DLC taken from store A and WipEout HD taken from store B be
    compatible assuming that A != B?
    (b) Are Save Games region independent?
    Last edited by ProblemSolver; 17th July 2009 at 07:16 PM.