Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: WipEout Fury Official Release Date!!!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Exclamation WipEout Fury Official Release Date!!!

Get ready to race at blazing speeds and experience adrenaline-filled, anti-gravity racing action in full-1080p High Definition (HD) running at a breathtaking 60-frames-per-second on PS3. Coming to the PlayStation Store soon, wipEout HD is set to redefine anti-gravity combat racing.

Featuring a selection of the best tracks taken from previous versions of the wipEout franchise, wipEout HD offers meticulously crafted and fully reworked tracks that showcase the processing power of PS3. And for the first time, players will have the option to navigate their ships utilizing the SIXAXIS wireless controller’s motion sensing technology.

Additionally, players will be able to take on the best competition from around the world in online multiplayer modes as up to eight players will be able to compete against each other in a range of online races. And to keep the adrenaline flowing, wipEout HD will include nine tracks from wipEout Pulse soundtrack, all remixed in 5.1 Dolby surround including artists like Kraftwerk, Booka Shade and Noisia.

WipEout HD Fury Add-on Includes:

Three New Race Types

Eliminator: The fan-favourite mode makes a triumphant return! Use the full arsenal of WipEout® HD’s weaponry to attack other racers and be the first to reach the target score. Score points for damaging and eliminating opponents. We have added a new feature allowing you to flip your ship through 180 degrees to take the fight to your foes head-on.
    Zone Battle: A twist on the classic Zone mode, Zone Battle adds multiple ships to the Zone tracks for the first time. Compete with up to seven opponents to be the first to reach the Zone target. Using the Zone pads to charge your Zone bar you must then decide whether to fire it to advance up through the Zone levels or absorb to regain valuable lost energy all the while dodging obstacles left by your opponents.
    Detonator: Detonator mode adds elements of the shoot ‘em-up genre to WipEout HD. The track is strewn with new types of mines and bombs, all you have to do is use the pulse cannon and EMP weapons on board the brand new Detonator ship to take them out. High scores are the name of the game.

12 New Tracks: A WipEout HD expansion pack wouldn’t be complete with out new race tracks and the Fury pack provides eight for you to enjoy in all race types plus four Zone tracks which are playable in Zone, Zone Battle and Detonator modes.
    12 New Ships: In addition to the above new race types, each of the 12 WipEout HD teams now has a brand, new, sleek, mean-looking Fury ship. The teams have been hard at work tweaking their new ships giving them slightly enhanced performance.
    New Fury Campaign: Fury features an extensive new single player campaign with 80 events for you to complete.
    Note. All the new game modes and ships will be playable on the original HD tracks simply select them via the Racebox menu or play online!
    6 New Music Tracks: New music from artists, Spector, The Crystal Method, Gingy, The Touch, Two Fingers and Noisia, all mixed in 5.1 surround sound.
    13 New Trophies: There are, of course, new trophies to be won. These focus on the new game modes and content.
    New Online Ranks and Badges: We have doubled the number of ranks which are attainable by playing the game online.Haveyou managed to get to rank 50 (Legend V)? Continue the good fight to reach rank 100! There are also a number of new online badges for the new game mode races.
    New Menu Design: To reflect the intense feeling of the new content, a stunning new front-end design has been created. If you prefer the original design, don’t worry, you can switch back to the original at will in the Options menu.

WipEout HD is currently downloadable on the PlayStation Store for $19.99, while the Fury Addon will be available on July 24, 2009.

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=64291
    http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/07/...ut-fury-dated/
    http://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/psn/addonDetail/64170

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

I'm freakin' out!!!!!! o_O
    Last edited by Kyonshi; 16th July 2009 at 01:04 PM.

PSN ID
    Hemicrania

Yey, one week away fellas!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

errrr baaaad timing for me. Gah release date in the middle of my holidays, I'll have to wait one more week before enjoying my beloved tech de ra and the rest of this fantastic dlc. Long life SL!

PSN ID
    Reezellthia

Wouldn't get your hopes up just yet guys. None of that is official, most of those link have already been posted in the last couple of days, and they were still just rumours then.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Like Colin Berry said.
    Unless you hear it from Paul Tweedle or me,Don't believe it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Quote Originally Posted by Reezy View Post
    Wouldn't get your hopes up just yet guys. None of that is official, most of those link have already been posted in the last couple of days, and they were still just rumours then.
    The article posted on Asian (Hong-Kong) Playstation site is dated from yesterday or few days earlier. Im pretty sure these infos on the game are official. SL would already have denied such article and/or removed it from circulation if it was non-official.

Also, the release date is mentioned to be the 24th but in fact, because it will be friday the 24th in HK, it will be the 23rd in America/Europe. It will be out on a Thursday like usual.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The Russian PS site has a release date of August 7th.

Which is correct?

Wait for OFFICIAL conformation.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

Sorry I was wrong. It was the date of that news posted:naught
    Just a mistake in translation (Release date)

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

So the Russian Playstation sites posts stuff 45 days in advance does it.

Either way.

I expect a post by Paul [most likely as it's his baby now] or Colin tomorrow.

That would give the 5 day notice that we were promised.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 16th July 2009 at 01:52 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    zeeZinator

The russian news thingy just stated the existance/development of the DLC, no release date

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    So the Russian Playstation sites posts stuff 45 days in advance does it.

Either way.

I expect a post by Paul [most likely as it's his baby now] or Colin tomorrow.

That would give the 5 day notice that we were promised.
    The same website in French version also have this date for the release of the article, not the game. In french, we state the day before the month, so that would be July 8th.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

[rant]
    Nice copy 'n past. Why open up a new thread when the sh!t is already discussed
    over here; http://wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthr...t=6253&page=65 ?
    Are you reading the forum? And btw; Nothing is official for the US and EU, yet!
    So why this thread, why this title using three !!! when the given release date
    from asia might perhaps be a typo or not even valid for the US and EU at all?
    I hope it's not, but still!

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=64291
    http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/07/...ut-fury-dated/

have simply copied the news from WipeoutZone without given credit. That's all.
    Not worth quoting....
    [/rant]

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Dude, relax. No need to get upset about me, right? The news have been copied from the official Hong-Kong Playstation site.

Second, since the news are so recent, maybe i got excited and wanted to tell people right away and didnt see the the thread already discussing Fury? Im new to WZ by the way, i may not be aware 24/7 of what's going on here.

Finally, if i'm all wrong, and its not the official release date, then laugh at my ass for all remaining of the year. I'll apologize and make a fool of myself and everyone will hate me and will want to murder me for stating such an harmful thing and making their lives a nightmare.
    Last edited by Lance; 16th July 2009 at 04:18 PM. Reason: REdundant quotation removed. Please read the WipeoutZone guidelines in the announcements section.

PSN ID
    Amorbis

Kyonshi you're not the one in the wrong here, I'd say that I am. Why me? Because I foolishly posted this two days ago without realising that just because I post it on this forum it won't stay in this forum. Even if you're correct on saying they got it from another source, which I think is doubtful, I still feel like I'm the one to blame.

The best thing we can do is wait for Paul or Colin to set everyone straight on the subject. Then we can back to waiting for it then after it's out we can put it all behind us and enjoy the game, which I know is what I'll be doing .

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

I understand what you say Amorbis.

Its just that The Sixth Axis website clearly states the source of their own article is from the official Hong-Kong Playstation site (its mentioned that a guy nicknamed JamboGT found out about it) and not from here, unless they are very clever in covering the way they collect infos...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

@Kyonshi: It's not about whether you are right about the release date or not.
    That's pure speculation. It's about how you have written your initial post.

And don't take my sayings too personal, the [rant] tag have a meaning.
    Last edited by ProblemSolver; 16th July 2009 at 02:45 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

Quote Originally Posted by zeeZ View Post
    The russian news thingy just stated the existance/development of the DLC, no release date
    Yeah like in the German store. Both stores are the same

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Just stick a comment over your PS3's Avatar saying "July 24th FURY?"

Covers your butt and lets all know at the same time.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemSolver View Post
    @Kyonshi: It's not about whether you are right about the release date or not.
    That's pure speculation. It's about how you have written your the initial post.

And don't take my sayings too personal, the [rant] tag have a meaning.
    Yes i understand about the rant thing, you have all rights to express yourself on whatever you want. Its just that i easily felt being the immediate target of the rant because you were somehow aggresive.

But i don't hold a grudge against you dude, no worries about that, no over something so trivial as video game discussion forums

I just thought that since Hong-Kong are ahead of us in time, they may have been informed about that from Sony officials way before us... It can happen! I feel its the real release date anyway. I bet you couples of german beers on that!

PSN ID
    Reezellthia

I assumed JamboGT was a poster here and he read the post that Amorbis made.