Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SILVERSTREAM!!

Timezone
    GMT + 8

Default SILVERSTREAM!!

i can't beat silverstream! if somebody could help me...

Yeah, Silverstream is hard.

My suggestions.

A)Use AG Sys
    B)Use weapons often.
    C)on the first split, I would advise going left.
    D)on the last split, go left. Do not, under any circumstances whatsoever, go right. That is unless you enjoy losing

On the middle split, it doesn't really matter, some peope like going right, because it makes taking the left at the next split easier, I however, believe that the right way offers a better curve and better turbo placement, therefore if you do it right, you can shave off a few milliseconds off your time. However, I will admit it's harder to do right, and doesn't really make any difference when trying to beat the CPU. It's up to you.

Hope those help.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Funny, I always go _right_ on the first split...
    Of interesting note: Silverstream is the only track I've seen that really shows the power of FEISAR. The AG Sys is good for Venom, but if you're tackling Rapier then I'd suggest that you fly the mighty F.
    The trick to Silverstream is taking the correct split (I assume that you can go right at the last split if you're flying Qirex and it's faster because it's straighter, but I've never been able to test that theory 'cause I can't fly the purple brick through this course) and learning how to use the boost pads. They're placed in some very interesting locations, notably the double (or is it triple?) boost before the hard left at the end of the cave. If you take those boosts, you hafta hold down the airbrake when you hit them so that you come out of the cave right.
    With practice, you can learn how to hit all the boost pads (and none of the walls!) and then coming in 1st isn't so tough anymore. Remember to use nose control for the hilly sections, or you'll bottom out and lose speed.
    Good Luck!

'cause I can't fly the purple brick through this course
    Purple? Wrong Wipeout, Jay!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

To me, the Qirex will always be The Purple Brick, regardless of pilot paint job! 8 D

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

go right in the middle split!

believe that the right way offers a better curve and better turbo placement
    Doh! >_< I meant the left spilt for the middle, LOL, that part of the post didn't even make sense.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Quote Originally Posted by Task

Funny, I always go _right_ on the first split...
    u gotta b kidding!!

Quote Originally Posted by Task

Of interesting note: Silverstream is the only track I've seen that really shows the power of FEISAR. The AG Sys is good for Venom, but if you're tackling Rapier then I'd suggest that you fly the mighty F.
    u gotta b kidding!! 2 ( or 'u gotta b kidding!! the return' )

whatever works. i think phantom_class is going to have to find out what works for him [?] instead of what works for you guys. there is clearly no consensus as to which way to go at the splits. i didn't have a functioning version of the game to figure out my fave way. but i didn't think silverstream was especially harder than some of the other tracks. i never did see firestar.

xeik, i'm with zargz on wanting to see a screenshot

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Quote Originally Posted by Lance
    there is clearly no consensus as to which way to go at the splits..
    ooh but there IS lance! :wink:
    on the 1st and 3rd split it's way too long 2go right, the middle going right aligns u perfect
    for the speed ups b4 the 3rd split
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance
    i didn't have a functioning version of the game to figure out my fave way. .
    I'm sure sOmebody here can help u with that!

oops, i shoulda proofread that one. what i meant to say was that i didn't have a functioning version of the game for LONG enough to figure it out.

um.... that would only work if the game were free, as i am [embarassed blush] pretty much cashless at this point, a situation not likely to improve soon. but i brought it on myself, soooo i live with the consequences. anyway, i like xl and 3 way better.

Default ..

I adore Silverstream.I prefer the left and left routes however.Sets up a nice racing line for me.Just gotta practice I guess.

With Feisar and AG,you dont need the brakes at all for most of the track except for the S-turns near the end.I just feel that this track is meant for AG.I'm mostly a Qirex user and it ain't a problem for me anymore to get 2 or 3 perfect laps and when I decided to switch to AG,I was surprised at how it turns so well for this track.

So just practice a lot.

Yeah, I'm with zargz here, especially on that last split.

Even Nick himself once said that the right route at the last split is significantly longer, and that it was a mistake on his part (I believe it's somewhere on the old W3PA forums).

xeik, i'm with zargz on wanting to see a screenshot
    What?

I do believe you are trying to make too many posts at one time Lance, as that sounds like a reply for the "I bought my second copy" thread in the Wipeout 3 forum.

you are indeed correct.
    i am a dedicated bandwidth saver. not to mention trying to keep my extravagant number of posts down

[location of potential comment which might or might not be in wrong topic]

[location of potential comment which might or might not be in wrong topic]

sigh, i just found a rare perfect copy of this game at Gsmestop, for @4.00, i can place first at everything but SILVERSTREAM I HATE THIS TRACK i buy the first edition of Wipeout and then they have to go and piss me off with SIVERSTREAM, why didn't u guys make this in a harder class, VENOM is supposed to be the easiest lol.

Timezone
    GMT + 8

HAH thanks ppl i'll give these tricks a shot!
    by the wat, anybody done the cheats to unlock Rapier and the Firestorm track yet?
    Good God there hard! :

hum silverstar hard...practice :wink:

i go left.. then right, and right at least :wink: need to use well the brakes...with the Q-rex..with the Ag-system ne need exept at the end :wink:

[edit myself: confusion with left and right...]

Thirst go to left, easy and faster use the brakes with the Qirex at the end of the split.
    When you arrive to the second split chose right. With a turbo and the brakes you can pass on all the accelerate arrows to do top speed. (amazing speed :wink: )

The end of the last split secction is hard. use all the time the brakes!

Bwhaaa...I have a quite biased relationship with Silverstream...sometimes I *really* hate it, but when I get the right "flow" through it, it's one of the best tracks in WipEout. I never got to win gold on it thou - maybe I'm not working it right. I obviously goes left in the first fork, right in the second and then, in the last one goes *right* - that's because of the four speedup-pads in the uphill part and then the rapid turns after the gap. Someone tell me the benefits of going through that other pain-in-the-ass-part?

/amber

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

well, it's shorter/quicker!
    try it u might get a gold! (^_^)b

yeah that's right