Thread: Wipeout HD's Crowning Moments of Awesome?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TakatsukiYayoi

Default Wipeout HD's Crowning Moments of Awesome?

Hi all,

I just had one in the demo in the Flash class:
    After battling (and battering) very hard with a pesky AG-Systems, just as the two of use were about to cross the line, we scraped each other's craft : result, AG-S goes down... right before the line.

Awesome.

I only finished third but two eliminations makes me a satisfied man

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Both me and amorbis blowing up on the final straight after the chicane on chenghou project, with his carcass crossing the line while mine didnt is still my greatest wipeoutHD moment to date.

And it was aaaaaaaages ago

I was flying through the air and got shot with a rocket my ship got blasted into the grandstand and blew up proballykilling hundreds of fans.what a way to go

PSN ID
    Amorbis

I think I remember that happening OBH, that really was great, if not a little edge-of-your-seat extreme . I can't say I know what my best moment is as I've had plenty of them. From winning as part of Team England or with my doubles partner eLhabib, to extreme epic race finishing explosions as mentioned by OBH, I've had plenty of good moments .
    Last edited by Amorbis; 12th July 2009 at 11:59 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

Mine was on Anupha Pass. I was in second and being tailed badly. First guy goes up on the bridge and lays down bombs. I'm in mid air at the time but had just enough time to hit the bridge and skip back off to the lower level. The guy in third got toasted. It was great satisfaction hearing the thud of him hitting all those mines. Then I lucked out and picked up a speed boost on the last pickup and hit it immediately and passed first FTW.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

some of my best hd moments, comes from a race i had on moa therma reverse. it was a close race on flash. with me IH8YOU and some other guy. i was leading the race narrowly most of the race, beeing hit by a barage of rockets on every lap by that other guy. i still managed to stay in front though. on the last lap however the one getting the rockets were IH8YOU, and he was in last place. he had for three laps seen me get hit in the ass with rockets and therefore tried out the same strategy. but this time i didnt get hit. i saw a rocket pass by on either side of me but no center rocket, and what do you know the other guy that was close on my tail got hit instead and therefore got knocked down to third (human shield ftw). all looks good and well untill i get to the first corner after the last mag-strip. IH8YOU soars past me with a turbo, and i have cannon. the entire turn i try to shoot him down but i cant get a clear shot. when we get to the exit of the last turn i have 5 rounds of cannon left, so i spray it just as we clear the apex. when the LAST round hits, his ship explode onward to the finish line. but alas he didnt fly far enough and i won the race.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    diddymal

When it comes to awesome failures mine would when I went for the tournament ace trophy. I played all tracks on phantom elite to challenge myself. I had won every race then on lap 4 of the final race I was at 90 helath with a shield on standby, got owned by a plasma bolt. It remains the only time I've ever been hit by a computers plasma. After that i started choking on the tournament and had to try 4 more times to finish it.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I will never forget that Moa Therma Reverse race - and I know EXACTLY what race you speak of. After trailing the both of you - and getting starved for pickups / health - I was hurting (shield wise) - on that last stretch I saw you had cannons, and knew you had used most of them - made a split second choice to use the boost rather than absorb it. Then I swear to you a SINGLE round smoked my ass - and I was hoping to god that my carcass would fly over the finish line FTW - no such luck.

That was an epic shot.