Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WipEout 2097/XL Soundtrack: best WipEout soundtrack ever?

Cool WipEout 2097/XL Soundtrack: best WipEout soundtrack ever?

YEAH! The soundtrack rules....i don't know nothing about US release, but the European version presents the most good electronic songs ever listened from T.F.S.O.L. ("Landmass" expecially), Prodigy ("Firestarter" instrumental), Chemical Brothers, Cold Storage, Daft Punk and others.
    And now I've got the CD version, I've found it just today, in a little music store in my city at a very little price, and it represents the perfection!!!!
    For me is the best WipEout soundtrack, what do you think about this?

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    BulletWraith

I agree, I love it to bits, just got the XL version a few weeks ago, so lucky to get it here in NZ
    actually I bought the Soundtrack to 2097 a few years before I ever got a PS2, it's what led me to buying wipEout2097 in the first place

FireStarter Instrumental +1
    but the Atombomb version sucks, I much prefer it off the Gran Turismo Soundtrack or off the Fluke albums

-zershen

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

The track that plays under the demo of WO2097 (I think it's one of the 'The Future Sound of London' tracks) is stuck in my head to this very day, even though I haven't played the game or the demo in, like, a decade. Definitely a great soundtrack!

We got an, AFAIK, somewhat different set of tracks here in North America, with some additional tracks by Tim Wright, hisself. I really like Landmass by FSOL, but I think I like Tim's soundtracks from WO1 the best.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Absolutely! They still amaze me, and they are holding up incredibly well against all of the later tracks when added to the Pulse/HD custom soundtracks.

Ben

I agree!
    The Pure and Pulse soundtracks are very good (more Pure, less Pulse), but the soundtracks of the first two episodes are absolutely amazing .
    What's your favourite tune from 2097/XL's soundtrack?
    My favourite one is "Landmass".
    Last edited by Lance; 16th July 2009 at 03:00 PM. Reason: REdundant quotation removed. Please read the WipeoutZone guidelines in the announcements section.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KomatosRecords

Tin There (favorite song in the entire series), then Landmass, Loops of Fury, We Have Explosive/Herd Killing, pretty much almost every track on the game/soundtrack.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Ah, yes, Tin There is pure awesomeness! I'm so glad HD finally lets me listen to the entire track while playing. I always missed that in earlier games, and particularly for this track.
    Landmass would be my second favourite. For some reason, in my mind it has a strong connection to Sagar-Matha. I guess it's the chilliness that connects them.

Ben

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

2097 really set an extremely high bench mark in music genre in games. Even over a decade onwards its still recognized today for its brilliance, seriously the 1990s rocked, this decade has been utter ****, and to top it off at the end the decade the recession seriously isnt cool at all.

Fluke
    Prodigy
    Cold Storage
    Chemical Brothers

It just rulled.

PSN ID
    spacemunky

LOL well said.
    Last edited by Task; 28th July 2009 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Unnecessary quotation eliminated

Timezone
    GMT -5

ZOMG I ALSO associate Landmass with Sagar-Matha - I hear it, and those visuals just pop into my head.

Weird - that I have the same association.

I've locked Body In Motion to Gare'D Europa, for some reason. I can still see flying by the subway car - and into the tunnel as the thunder echoes throughout. *crack twitch*

Herd Killing (intro song I think?), Landmass, Tin There, Canada, even Loops of Fury.

Yes, that game had the most killer playlist to date.

I really hope they release it on PSN - because the audio is crap playing the original on my PS3 (cuts out or starts mid song - and the disc is mint) - if not for that, I'd play it to death.

Edit: Loops Of Fury is also great. One of my favorite tracks from that game. Did the US version get different music tracks than the PAL version? Because I noticed a lot of different songs on my disc than the playlist calls out. (which has PAL for the album cover art)
    Last edited by IH8YOU; 28th July 2009 at 03:48 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

as absolutely awesome as the licensed tracks in XL/2097 were, you HAVE to give props to Tim Wright for his own full 2097 soundtrack.. it still has canada and body in motion, but you HAVE to listen to these other tracks sometime:

Kinkong
    Plasticity
    Hakapik Murder
    Surgeon
    Tenation

and the three remixes
    Messij XTND
    Messij RCVD
    Body Plus

Messij RCVD is a second part of the forst "Messij" song from the original game, and Messij XTND is the whole 9 minute song from beginning to end. Body Plus is a really chill remix of Body in Motion

I used a few of them for my wipeout XL videos I put on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...831EE2844702B1

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

I grew up playing the PC version, so I knew Tim's soundtrack by heart. I don't think it's as gripping as what he did for WO1, but it's still great to listen to! Btw: Anyone else thinks Tim's music sounds like he was trying to replicate the console licensed soundtrack in a way?

Ben

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

nah I didn't think he was trying to replicate it... at least his own tracks never felt similar to me anyway... Didn't he compose them before the licensed tracks were decided though?

Timezone
    GMT -6

The XL soundtrack is not only great gaming music but it is also a great primer for most electronica. If you think you don't like "techno" this may change your taste.

Favorite tracks:

Daft Punk - Musique
    Prodigy - Firestarter
    Chemical Brothers - Loops of Fury
    The Future Sound of London - We Have Explosive/Herd Killing

Timezone
    GMT + 8

hey all

my first post

yep; best video game sound track i can think of.

now back to trying to work out how to add records

Hi, ARK, welcome to the WZ. If you want to, introduce yourself in the "Pilot's Lounge" > http://wipeoutzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Pretty close, if not.

I do think the voiceover is the best, though.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    LurifaxFlux

I like the W3O soundtrack way more, in fact I think it's the best of all the WO games, but thats just my taste ^^
    I also think the WO1 soundtrack is better than XL, Tim's music is very "special" somehow.
    Last edited by LurifaxFlux; 26th October 2009 at 12:08 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

I found the XL soundtrack at my local FYE. Needless to say, I overreacted right in the middle of the store and ran to the checkout desk full blast. I wouldn't nessecairly say it's the BEST wipeout soundtrack, but this cd is essential for any hardcore wipeout fan. Loving all the songs that weren't in the actual game like Daft Punk and Orbital.