Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940

Thread: Imagine a new WipEout team....

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Quote Originally Posted by Rovenami View Post
    Well, for the record, I was also considering "Illusion Technologies"
    Ooooh! I like that more. Mirage might not like it quite as much, but they're kinda useless, anyway.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Holy cow! that has got to be the best looking fury ship I've ever seen! I'm not kidding

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Exclamation

Holy cow! that has got to be the best looking fury ship I've ever seen! I'm not kidding
    Did you mean my ship? If yes, thank you

My interest about ships from Wipeout somehow hasn't diminished, so still from time to time I think of something new and I add it on my new ship, I would like to design and make the it the 3D program. In this case, would not design only the ship itself, but also the visual style of the whole team under which the ship would fall (basically corporate identity).

This time I wanted to do it in big style and not only create a model, but also the whole promotion and details such as the team's history, the properties of the model (control, speed etc.) and something like that. In truth, I want to create the best ship model the internet has ever seen (because I feel that nobody made it that far). More precisely, it should be tighten to the last screw. I don't want to necessarily take care of everything, that means it's not necessary that it should work as in real life (after all, it's still a fiction), but at least I want to make it look pretty, as a whole on one hand, but also in closer look on the other hand.

I started modelling in 3D program 3 days ago with a model of engine. I would like to show on it how I think about the whole thing, and so you could imagine how it will probably look like. It is only one part so far, a rear part which actually serves as the propellant. To that Iwill later add, the front part, this which only deliver the air (possibly add an auxiliary gas) through a central portion which connects the two.

Renders:
    Thruster_render_4a_preview.jpg Thruster_render_3c_preview_upr.jpg

That would be the motor, I also have the overall concept designed for a while but I don't know if I should show it to you, but in this case probably I should because it is hard to imagine how it will look like as a whole. So far I have created in addition to drawings this visualization, according to which you can imagine a bit to know how it will be designed and what style I am going.

Wipeout sketch edit public 2.jpg

There are some little visible elements I used even in Hyperion. The quality of the image corresponds to the time that I've spent on it (not so much), so there are absolutely no details and it is more of a general description of the concept (color, shapes etc.). In the final design, and also the final model should be plenty of details such as gaps, rivets, vents and similar things. This is first such visualization, so in the end there may be some things different, but it shouldn't look much different from this.

I would like to mention my thoughts about the process.

This rear portion of the engine is about 5-15% (by heavy estimate) of the entire model. I really want to carefully handle all things, from construction, body, cab to antigravity module (which holds the ship in the air). According to my calculations, if the entire work on the model could take about a month or two with several hours work every day, which is not realistically possible (because I study as well, and it's quite time-consuming), so if everything will succeed, and if I have a will (mainly), I could be done in July or August. Adding to this, there will be some work on textures (how I was planning it wouldn't be nearly as much of it as last time, I would basically add just some signs or something). Plus also work on visual style, that means logo, promotional posters and some good renders means more extra time (but theoretically I can work parallel to it). To sum it up, with my past experience (when I have made nothing on previous model for few months) I'l be very happy if I make it to the beginning of the next school year. Or the end of the calendar year...

Finally, I want to add that I do it mainly for myself, I want to prove that I could do something so big, and I can get things done without major compromises, but of course I would be happy if more people than my friends and readers of this corner of the forum would know about it. At worst, I can add it the portfolio at least. I just hope I can do it.

EDIT (08.10.2015)
    As I posted in thread "How does AG device looks like" I'm working on design of AG device which is quite challenging, since no one has ever really pictured anything like that. So current version can be seen there (or in thread quoted above - with more images).

AG Device render 10 WZ forum.jpg AG Device render 11 WZ forum.jpg

I apologize for possible mistakes, english is not my native language, so I can still make some mistakes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Meg.A.Byte; 8th October 2015 at 09:48 PM.

I've got a team called Astrikhosis:
    Sweden
    Estabished in 2184
    Supplier during Anti Gravity Rebirth Festival
    Speed- 85%
    Handling- 100%
    Thrust- 50%
    Shield- 80%

Description soon!

Goldstar Advancements Obital Defence Platform 'Sentinel Station'
    PSN ID
    kingpin123455

Team name: Goldstar Racing Developments
    Home: Worldwide, HQ presently atop an Orbital Defence Platform 'Sentinel Station' in Earth's orbit to avoid being bombed again. Founded in the UK.
    Established: 2023 (Rumours of having being active long before, as early as 2016)
    Racing team established: 2025 (F1), 2040 (AGRC/AGRL)
    Withdrew from competition: 2048
    Reformed: 2097 (Finished investigating Overtel)
    Defunct: 2137 (Bombed by Goteki 45)
    Reformed: 2200 (Host of FX450 and FX500 leagues)
    Notes: Has been working behind the scenes for AGF since the AGRC. Former supplier of thruster and shield technology for Piranha Advancements.

Team Super Weapon(s): Active Camouflage, Orbital MAC (Magnetic Accelerater Cannon) rounds.

Livery: Yellow, Orange and Black. Alternative livery: Orange, Yellow and Black.

Logo: 5-pointed star in team colours. Points of star are yellow AG craft with a orange pentagon in the centre.

Motto: Racing to it's limit.

Ships

Ship class: Speed
    Speed: 10/10
    Handling: 6/10
    Thrust: 8/10
    Shield: 7/10
    Hull type: Single hull

Ship class: Agility
    Speed: 7.5/10
    Handling: 10/10
    Thrust: 4/10
    Shield: 5.5/10
    Hull type: Dual hull

Ship class: Fighter
    Speed: 5/10
    Handling: 5/10
    Thrust: 8/10
    Shield: 10/10
    Hull type: Tri-hull

Ship class: Fury
    Speed: 7/10
    Handling: 3/10
    Thrust: 10/10
    Shield: 9.5/10
    Hull type: Tri-hull

Ship class: Prototype
    Thrust: 10/10
    Shield: 10/10
    Hull type: Single hull
    Prototype ability: Auto-regenerating shielding, Anti-lock-on weapon flares, Military grade weapon systems.
    Note: Only to be used by platinum standard pilots who have gone through all trainings, uses unique livery of Black and Gold(metallic).

Description: Racing division of Goldstar Advancements and one of the "6" original teams for the AGRC but failed to enter due to major mechanical failure shortly before the first race. Suspects foul play was involved and immediately suspected Overtel who had been trying to keep them out of the raising scene for a while. Worked for the AGF to solve the mystery and whilst not competing, sold technology to Pirahna for finances but kept out of the spot light. Was set to join the F7200 but was prevented by being bombed by Goteki 45. Taking full responsibility for bombing them back in retaliation. Now set to join in the FX450. Has a line up of 5 different classes of ship as per FX450/500 league regulations. Rumours of having an international AG policeing force (AGPD) are presently unconfirmed.

Backstory of Goldstar Advancements: Goldstar Advancements was formed roughly around 2023 as a major firearms company during the fight against Islamic State which had been going on since 2015. Two years later, they formed their racing team and, with the authorisation of the FIA, started F1 racing. Secretly, Goldstar Advancements started designing and building their AG Generators. In 2030, they succeeded and work began on their first AG racing ship. Shortly after, the head of Goldstar's R&D section sent some members to assist the Foundation of European Anti-Gravity Research with the creation of their AG Generators. This took a farther 5 years, leading into 2035 when Pierre Belmondo did the first official test flight of an AG vehicle. The official documents for the creation of the first AG Generator was signed in the name of both the Foundation of European Anti-Gravity Research and Goldstar Advancements. In 2040, the bodies for Goldstar's racing team were built with the AG Generators fitted. Goldstar gained a lot of public support during their public pre-season testing and expedition races against FEISAR and AG Systems and began the production of commercial AG craft which was released into the public. Business grew quickly and soon, Goldstar were making all sorts of cars with supercars rivalling the speed of a Lamborghini AG 5, which was the main Lamborghini model at the time. Over time, Goldstar began building their vehicles using nanobots and replacing the petrol and diesel engines with Hydrogen Combustion engines. Today, Goldstar Advancements is having huge success and are expected to be taking part in the FX 450 and FX 500.
    Last edited by kingpin12345; 8th September 2016 at 11:58 PM.

Asterion Advancements (not Astrikhosis)
    Established: 2184- Racing team: 2246
    Single hull craft

Speed: 85%
    Acceleration 70%
    Agility: 95%
    Shield: 80%

If anyone likes it, description to follow!

Sesto
    Established: 2207
    Hull: Single
    Livery: Red, Green, White,

Stats:

Acceleration: 6/10
    Shield 6/10

Emblem: A Circle with the signature colors of the famous Italian supercar companies, Masarati's represented by Blue, Pagani by Silver, Ferrari by Red, Lamborghini by Yellow, Alfa Romero by Green and Fiat by Crimson with a Laurel Wreath in the center

Motto: "Six for One, One for Six."

History: As the premier nation of supercar development, Bolonga had played host to Feisar during the FX400. Maserati and most of the luxury motor companies had never agreed with Feisar's approach to their design, given Italy's reputation for being the most famous supercar designer it only made sense cars in Italy should be fast and nimble. Feisar's craft was in the complete opposite direction, choosing to play it safe for beginner pilots, while Icaras had focused on speed, it was too difficult to control for some pilots. Masarati motors decided that in true mockery of Feisar's spirit, they will band together with the other Italian supercar companies and form their own racing team to put both European teams to shame. Thus Sesto was born from this alliance for the FX500.

The Craft: "Italia Egoista", The craft's goal was twofold, one was to beat the damn two teams at their own game by taking the best part of each team and incorporating it into an ideal craft and second was to prove that it can tear the track apart so it can be sold as a superhovercraft for anyone with the money to pay for one. Prospects are looking very good for Sesto as it has been defined as the "Red Razor" as it had cutting edge airbrake technology as well as the signature top speed Icaras has, however it comes at a severe cost; the shielding and thrust technology is sacrificed to encourage a "razor" racing style, to focus on perfection on the track itself. So while it is fast and negotiate the tightest corners with ease, anything that slows it down can cost the pilot the precious lead it created. However, they are happy with this design as it represented the ideal of the Italian Supercar.

Trivia: Like their car companies, Sesto uses antigrav vehichles for civilian purposes, before their formal induction as a racing team, apparently the successors decided their foray into antigrav was to create a hovertractor to harvest Italty's fields. The craft is still a popular choice as it's antigrav system meant maximum yields without even setting down on the soil

Timezone
    GMT -6

S.E.V.E.N engineering

Founded in 2049, S.E.V.E.N Engineering are by far the most successful team in the W.A.G.C, with Ember corp. coming in at a close second. They only allow experienced pilots to join their ranks, and they don't even have and amateur division team.

S.E.V.E.N Corporation is a huge business empire that owns many brands. (most notably Lucky Cat Chocolates, as it's shamelessly sponsored all over the ship) With this almost limitless funding, S.E.V.E.N Engineering have created a powerful ship indeed, only matched by Ember Corp.

Amateur league ship: none

Professional league ship:

Lightweight dual-hulled red, white, and black ship sponsored by S.E.V.E.N Corporation's brands. It has characteristically thin hulls, and is a quite small ship all together. (the smallest dimensions allowed in the pro W.A.G.C.)

Stats: (out of 100)
    Speed: 80
    Thrust: 100
    Handling: 85
    Shield: 80

note: in the W.A.G.C, thrust also affects the effect of speed pads.

Attachment 10396
    Last edited by PureSpeed7; 3rd August 2016 at 04:56 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID

Azteca Racing
    Established: 2179
    Livery: Green and red with white accents
    Hull: Single

Stats:
    Speed: 90
    Thrust: 90
    Handling: 80
    Shield: 75

Azteca were a dominant force in the amateur leagues that sprung up after the F9000's dust had cleared. They became famous for their emphasis on the racing itself above all else; in fact, if it weren't for their success, financial troubles likely would've taken them down considering how little profits matter to them. After jumping up to the FX300 in 2200, they shifted towards the middle of the pack, but began turning in stronger performances reminiscent of their amateur days by the time of the FX350.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire_Guy View Post

Kaishi Systems (Pronounced Kyshir - Rhymes with Kaiser)
    - Country of origin: Administrative Republic of China (ARC)
    - Research and developement facilities: Hai-Nan
    - Emblem: Cyclic Star

KAISHI (Start, In Mandarin)

Craft Specs: Twin turbo engine. Primary colors Red, Gold and Black.

Max speed: 7/10
    Accelleration: 7/10
    Handling: 8/10
    Shield: 7/10

Brief History:

After the fall of the Communist ruling in 2370, in the short space of 4 decades we have risen from the ashes to support our own racing league, free from State ownership and substandard Vehicle parts. The breakaway from our partnership with Finland during this period was regretable, but our strong partnership has allowed our team to access past craft files and blueprints. Our scientists based in Beijing and Hainan have developed this craft with one statement in mind: Weapons Efiiciency. After years of research we have found the answer:

The ZaBen* engine 3. While this engine will cut down on craft performance in all aspects, the extra fuel will be used to overpower any weapon shift picked up. This means that any weapon obtained (offensive or non-offensive) will be 150% the damage of its usual counterpart. This also means that shields, boosts autopilot will last 50% longer as well. Lockon times will also be decreased, and previous manual firing weapons (Plasma, Machine gun) will also exclusively support lockon with our intergrated chip.

This leaves the scope of human error lessened and while we may not be the fastest, strongest, nimblest team around, we can always creep form behind taking teams out one by one.

Our team slogan: "Create to Destroy"
    Hi I'm new here, I have not finished my own team yet but I read all this topic and some ideas inspired me. I love making logos and I present to you the version of Kaishi Systems that I imagined
    IMG_20180803_164724_629.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by feisarfan View Post
    My new team, hope it's a good idea...

Team Name: Iglu

Country of origin: Arctic/Antarctic Regions

Team story:

Founded in the year 2220 by a few bored scientists, technicians and transport/survey pilots, IGLU was designed as a team on a budget, in other words, one of those teams which aims to do a lot from limited resources.

Flying for the United Nations, on behalf of the UNAPT (United Nations Arctic Protection Team) has already given them some interesting sponsorship offers, with the eco-supporting Harimau team reputed to be waiting in the wings with anti-gravity reactor units and other critical parts that may be available on loan.

For now though, the team are gearing up for their first season of FX350 AG racing with their first design, the ICE-R 001, which features innovations such as 5 flap adjustable V-Brakes by the Stop/Start Corporation, a sophisticated flight computer, as well as pilot adjustable underbody flaps, which use technology provided by MAGEC Corporation to either keep the craft at a good height, or to change altitude quickly.
    IMG_20180803_163648_586.jpg

Timezone
    GMT + 8

My Fan Favorite Team Coming At AGRLC.

Team Name: Typhoon RD

Country Of Origin: Philippines

Team Story: After Philippines Hosted The FX450 League, Typhoon Was Established To Compete Other Teams In AGRLC, Since Typhoon Saw Belmondo's Vision After AG Systems Win, The 2206 FX300 League, Typhoon Will Be Champions Like EG-X, Omnicom, IFreet, & AG-Systems.

Its True Design Was Based On FX400 AG-Systems Craft But As A Well Balanced Craft