Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Imagine a new WipEout team....

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Might as well join the bandwagon. Pretty quick sketech tho (not sure if I like it or not).

Boostakira Industries.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Haywire_Guy

@djKyoto: First off awesome ship design, but realistically Hong Kong getting its own racing league is sort of like Tasmania diverging away from Australia (let alone Triakis), or Florida creating its standalone from Auricom.

Although personally i would like a HK team to come out, having a parent originate from the country /special administrative region.

-EDIT-

Well i guess HK could become independant again in the distant future... but i dont think China's too keen on letting it get invaded a second time xD.
    Last edited by Haywire_Guy; 10th August 2009 at 11:27 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Hong Kong? Friendly to the environment? ahahahahaha, have you seen the smog there? It's rather hard to breathe there.
    As far as singular small nations getting teams, I think singapore would be more likely than hong kong.

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

@Haywire...

No, I disagree. Hong Kong is the perfect environment for an AG Team to be born from. In the same vein, Hong Kong has many private financiers who would 'part fund' such an ambitious project. Elsewhere in this thread someone talks of a Team from the moon... and other planets. Point is Haywire - this is all fiction. And set in a very different future...

@DJKyoto, a very cool looking ship, kinda reminded me of the zone ship from Fusion. Any back story/synopsis for "BoostAkira" yet?

---------

Quote Originally Posted by ACE-FLO View Post
    We can use your craft as a lot of effort has gone into it, and tbh - I love the design of the Helicon too. So the team name "Tex Dharkan Technologies" stays and the ship/craft is the Helicon. This is good because if Tez Dharkan create new ships - they can be given different names, awesome concept eh?
    Aha - developments need to be addressed here also.

I have been in touch with my associates at A.L.T.E.R.N and we have news. I am currently in discussions with board members regarding the FX-500 league and its' very stringent rules on budget. Tez Dharkan have been constantly throwing money at developing new their ships but to date have been getting red flagged by the FX-500 league officials for too many reasons to mention here... one of which is for going over budget lol

A new ship is now in development, utilizing the original weapons system management from the concept Tez Dharkan which mdhay had developed (the concept was seen as way too dangerous for use on official FX-500 races - but technologies have been implemented in our new ship design)

At this moment, I can only announce that something special is coming and to watch this space...

It's like we believe - "Nothing ventured - Nothing gained" and atm - we're gaining a lot of attention from all the right places!

AirLicker Group
    Last edited by Lance; 10th August 2009 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Merged. Quoting oneself aND sequential posting instead of adding by edit? :)

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

This has been ready for almost a week, but I thought it was about time that I showed you (Original wipEout players will love this):

The Holding Clamp

The Holding Clamps' Lights

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Now that's what I'm talking about! Detail like this makes me smile! Nice one buddy!

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

I was trying to do more detail, but I Epically Failed.

Might as well give this a shot
    --------------------------
    LINI-R
    ------------

Founded in 2172, by a few rich ex-AG company owners, LINI-R was one of the first custom teams to be built to race in the FX150 Amateur league. Showing the need for speed, the craft is designed from previous engines cores from old Piranha-A crafts. However to habour these powerful engines, a large outer shell had to be designed which therefore sadly makes the craft quite a pain to maneuver.

LOGO:

CRAFT:

INGAME:
    Last edited by Lini-R; 11th August 2009 at 03:02 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

@Haywire...

No, I disagree. Hong Kong is the perfect environment for an AG Team to be born from. In the same vein, Hong Kong has many private financiers who would 'part fund' such an ambitious project. Elsewhere in this thread someone talks of a Team from the moon... and other planets. Point is Haywire - this is all fiction. And set in a very different future...

@DJKyoto, a very cool looking ship, kinda reminded me of the zone ship from Fusion. Any back story/synopsis for "BoostAkira" yet?
    Hong Kong - 2079. After the overpopulation and overpollution of the small island nation. Maybe people left, leaving behind a crippling economy. The nations leaders decided that if HK was to survive in the future, it would have to dramtically change the way the country was run. Over the next 50 years new systems and regulations whre put into force. Old fossil fuel power plants where destroyed and new cleaner & greener ones where put into place. Large segements of abonded lots and commerical areas where destroyed and turned into National Parks. By 2130 HK had became a world leader in Eco-Friendly Power supply ways with a lot of R&D being pulled into new Power supplies, and Transport. Almost everything was recycled and the county was once again back to the good old days, however Population laws where still enforced and there where large fines for doing harm to the enviroment. The combustion engine was outlawed to the museum.
    In 2179, after helping with advancements in weapon and boost pad technology for the WipEout Leagues, with the help with a large commerical conglomutes, the main one being a Large Energy drink manafucter called KiraNRG corp, decided to form a Team for the Nation. One that would be proud of its new, clean future. Over the next few a small but dedicated team, part of which had been working with AG-Craft for comerical use, they worked on a new ship. one that would have awesome power, but clean as possible. In 2185 they finally entered the FX-450 WipEout League with the new Ship and new team (Boosta-Kira NRG Industries). The ship they planned to try and even excel the might Goteki 45 team in terms of outright thrust, but still had an advanced weapon system, which formed their motto "Kind to the enviroment, but not to you". By the end of the FX-450 league, a lot of new methods had been in place so that it would be easier for new teams to enter. The up comming FX-500 league would have the largest field of competitors yet. From the original founders of FEISAR and AG-Systems, to the new guns such as Tex Dharkan Technologies, Lini-R and Veleno Technologies it would be an great series. "After our first few seasons in the FX-450 league, we have home and improved our craft, and after beilng HK's first offical WipEout league circuit, where we could practise and home out skills, we believe that we will be in good contention of doing very well this new FX-500 league with our world leading advancments in Weapons, Aerodynamics and Overboost systems. It is great honor for us all."

Dante Kira - BoostaKira NRG Industries & Systems Tech. - FX-500 League.

There.

Love your logo Lini-R.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Haywire_Guy

To Ace-Flo: It doesnt seem like your leaving me with very much to do so im just going to quietly drop out of the Indian creation team, hopefully you two can build an awesome foundation by yourselves =D. Ill still help you guys tho with some brainstorming and images if you want, and ill be glad to return once u have something you need to complete.

On a side note Hong Kong was never really a country, it had only been a city passed around by the United Kingdom and China, then returned back in 1997. But if your telling it through a different reality (and subsequently future) it could make sense.

btw really sleek ship design Lini-R, the micro screensaver looks amazing as well. Keep going with it!
    Last edited by Haywire_Guy; 11th August 2009 at 06:48 AM.

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

I don't think you should drop out, for what it's worth - I value your input greatly and see you as an asset to this team.

Yes, you're right about the era which Tez Dharkan exists... far into the future. At least a couple hundred years from now. Who knows - maybe man colonises Mars by then!?!

Geist
    Britain, Germany, France, Italy and Switzerland.

After another disapointing year for Europe at the fx450, Austin Marlin decided with his friend Roberto Bagutti, over a pint of space beer, that they could do better.

They were the owners of fast and exotic anti-gravity super car marquees and they were very puzzled that Europe didn't do very well in the AG racing leagues because Europe was home to some of the very fastest AG car makers in the world.

They realized that they needed to put down a clear idea of what they wanted from their ship, focus on these goals and ensure they communicated well. They decided it should be very fast and have good handling.

So they phoned up all their other AG car manufacturer friends in Europe and asked them if they wanted to help make a racing team and GEIST was formed.

The prototype was designed from step one to dominate the Phantom speed class. Knowles Joyce and Bagutti designed an engine designed to outclass the opposition which would be built by BNW and Norsche, while Marlin, Wonda and Citron designed a highly manoeuvrable chassis made out of carbotanium and other cool sounding materials.

The prototype is now finished in time for the upcoming F500 and test flights are proving it to be very fast and manoeuvrable and a real contender.

The geist team has the pride of Europe resting on its shoulders and is due to start this racing season.

Speed 9.5
    Thrust 8.5
    Handling 7
    Shield 6
    Weight 3.5

- - -

I realize this is just a bit of a rehash of one of my old ones but I like it so whatever xD
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by andy; 12th August 2009 at 12:27 PM.

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

The FX-4OO just got a lot more interesting! good story there...

@ DJ-kyoto, mate - "Kind to the environment, but not to you!" - Just Awesome! The FX-5OO is gonna be something else! Enjoyed reading your synopsis mate! Very entertaining indeed, must say.
    Last edited by ACE-FLO; 12th August 2009 at 03:50 AM.

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Tez Dharkan Concept Sketches of its' upgraded FURY vessel as made by Designer_79 - Co-Director of the AirLicker Group...

This is The Promise of Potent Fear, almost realized!!!

BIG THANKS to Designer_79 for all his ongoing efforts here! You rock mate!!!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Tez Dharkan Concept Sketches of its' upgraded FURY vessel as made by Designer_79 - Co-Director of the AirLicker Group...

This is The Promise of Potent Fear, almost realized!!!

BIG THANKS to Designer_79 for all his ongoing efforts here! You rock mate!!!
    That has to be to most awesome ship design i've seen here!!! Kudos Designer 79!!

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Designer_79 certainly lives up to his name... and he hasn't finished yet.

He has to date, designed and engineered the lateral stabilizers which Team Tez Dharkan Technologies have implemented into their ship. It was after the success of the Ion-Drive 4X when Designer_79 was made co-Director of the AirLicker Group.

He also redesigned the "Super-Lights TM" composites. The result of his re-engineering and design of the composites have led the Airlicker Group to take out another Patent (currently pending) as this technology, though already advanced, has now seen anopther breakthrough, resulting in a very light and manuverable ship... More than this, I cannot say atm. But we live up to our motto... "Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained!" - watch this space...

@Kyonshi, Designer_79 mentioned to me that he liked your logo design. Do you fancy working together with the AirLicker Group in LOGO R+D? Peace!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Haywire_Guy

Holy macaroni that is INCREDIBLE! Expecially like the slanted arms of the side view: looks really streamlined and sleek, not unlike modern F1 vehicles. If this is the normal ship design, i cant wait to see the fury version O.O.

- 12/10, this would look awesome digitized,coloured.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    designer_79

Default Tez Dharkan (Mark 5 Evolution) in progress

Haywire-Guy, thanks for the positive feedback. Actually the design concept is already based on the Fury crafts. The idea was, because obviously the Fury DC is situated somewhen in between the FX-400 and the next generation racing league, to take that as a start. Obviously the spectators got a little bored and needed more action on tracks .

It makes sense to me , that the improvements of the Fury crafts over the regular ones will be ported to the FX-500 league. So naturally the design is based on the Fury styled crafts. I was trying to find a mix between the biomorphic shape of the Mirage and the totally transformerish style of the new Auricom and added a distinct tail section ... thats pretty much it.

Details related to Ace-FLO's awesome backstory will be worked out in the next step, which actually consists of bigger and more precise sketches by hand (I need to draw by hand to really use my brain as well ) and then digitize and color it in Illustrator. Finally i'll try to take it into 3D ... so guys stay tuned , more Indian power to follow here soon.
    Last edited by designer_79; 20th August 2009 at 03:18 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    designer_79

Default Tez Dharkan design phase 2.0

OK fellow pilots, I couldn't hold back to give you the first more detailed impression of our TD advanced AG craft. After thankfuly receiving comments about the overall appearance it was time leaving the sketchboard phase and put more thoughts into the overall accuracy, detailing, technical issues and weapon systems.

If the Mirage was the grasshopper of the FX-400 racing league our craft will be the mountain lizard counterpart int he FX-500 league ... and a deadly one it is! So fellow pilots you are gonna watch out for this one on tracks cause it'll very likely send something unpleasant up your thrusters.

I am gonna have a meeting with the board of Airlicker Technology to discuss the question of publishing more insight into the technical aspects in public. Stay tuned ...

D79 with greetings from Airlicker HQ, Mt. Everest

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Thats a pretty sweet concept.

I'll hiff up a v.2 later on.