Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Imagine a new WipEout team....

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

keep up the good work guys!
    Last edited by ACE-FLO; 16th August 2009 at 02:48 PM.

Yeah I was thinking about it today and you were right. I would like to do the designs for your ship, but after reading that post I dont think I will bother

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Special thanks to Mdhay and Designer_79, Tez Dharkan is coming on nicely.
    Last edited by ACE-FLO; 16th August 2009 at 02:52 PM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    Mu5, am so impressed !
    This is f****n' perfect mate, this 3-D design is perfect, very perfect, fabolous, you're awesome mate !
    Thanks mate I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by ACE-FLO View Post
    I thought his reasoning was childishly flawed for a 37yr old lol
    I was really just using that as an excuse to tell you the truth. As I said to you in PM, I do the work on these ships when I want, in my own time.

What I really was not happy with was this - how you signed off after asking me for help

Quote Originally Posted by ACE-FLO View Post
    Yours faithfully, hopefully, demandingly lol (a lil cheek)

Ace
    Chairman, AirLicker Group
    As I said, I build what I want, when I want, how I want. That is fun. To do it for someone else, is too much like work
    Last edited by Mu5; 3rd August 2009 at 01:17 AM.

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Talking the 'Tez Dharkan' in development

A concept Sketchup of the Tez Dharkan will be made available for viewing within 24 hours! I thank Mdhay for his expertise and help in creating it. Well done!
    Last edited by ACE-FLO; 3rd September 2009 at 04:48 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Haywire_Guy

Let us all put aside our differences and talk about something sweet, like how much we all love Wipeout =D?

..i mean, that's why we registered in the first place right?

@Ace Flo: btw what craft are we using? I dont mind using the Tez Dharkan Team name (sounds rly cool actually =) but if possible could the craft name stay as the Helicon engine? As for my logos honestly theyre both pretty bad so we can make one up as we go. We'll stick with ur "Venture..." catchphrase thing too, sounds a lot better than "...No friends on the Track" xD.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I like this thread, keep going with the designs guys. They look very professional.

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire_Guy View Post
    @Ace Flo: btw what craft are we using? I dont mind using the Tez Dharkan Team name (sounds rly cool actually =) but if possible could the craft name stay as the Helicon engine? As for my logos honestly theyre both pretty bad so we can make one up as we go. We'll stick with ur "Venture..." catchphrase thing too, sounds a lot better than "...No friends on the Track" xD.
    We can use your craft as a lot of effort has gone into it, and tbh - I love the design of the Helicon too. So the team name "Tex Dharkan Technologies" stays and the ship/craft is the Helicon. This is good because if Tez Dharkan create new ships - they can be given different names, awesome concept eh?

As for the Slogan, thank you mate - the "Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained" slogan sits well with a team like Tez Dharkan, it's a bloody menacing team.

Well, the logos can be made at a later dfate, some time soon though I guess, but yes - we can work on this to make it an instant recognition icon for Tez Dharkan.

With regard to the background/history of the team, I was thinking that the synopsis I wrote out was very good (blowing own trumpet lol) and if yopu agree, we can keep it for the storyboard?

Let me know what you think, thanks for partnering up with me on this.

Speak soon...

Anyways peeps - as promised, here's the sketchup of the Tez Dharkans mk1 as created by Mdhay: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/pic...&pictureid=974

The above image is a concept and has since been approved by the FX500 racing board - however, Tez Dharkan has decided to use the Helicon Engine as this craft is showing all the traits of a sure fire winner!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Haywire_Guy

Lol perfect, im glad we could find agreements so easily on the future team, especially such core issues as mentioned before =D.

But um... i dont like to lie to people... so im really really sorry if this offends you or the digital artist =(.

To the digitizer MDhay; you possess huge amount of digital prowess, which is apparent in the very stylised prototype for the craft you have drawn. But to whoever made the design... i think the craft looks stubby, unwieldly and rather generic, and to borrow a quote from Kigo "...Thats an F-Zero ship. Wipeout Ships are bigger than that..."

Again im really sorry if that was you Ace-Flo or MDhay, but put simply i dont like the craft one bit =(((.

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Prototypes always need ammending - either way, I like it so I guess it's ok for me anyway lol...

Yes, Haywire_Guy - I think we have come to a good compromise here and SL should take notice of these teams we have all created in this thread so far...

Hopefully, the background stories will interest them enough to maybe reward us wipers with a rather cool back story or a story mode in the future?!?

One can hope!

Hello mates, I've created the first Veleno prototype.
    Veleno Technologies, from Italy .

This is my "older" creation (one month ago ).
    Attached Images Attached Images

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire_Guy View Post
    Lol perfect, im glad we could find agreements so To the digitizer MDhay; you possess huge amount of digital prowess, which is apparent in the very stylised prototype for the craft you have drawn. But to whoever made the design... i think the craft looks stubby, unwieldly and rather generic, and to borrow a quote from Kigo "...Thats an F-Zero ship. Wipeout Ships are bigger than that..."

Again im really sorry if that was you Ace-Flo or MDhay, but put simply i dont like the craft one bit =(((.
    Wow, complimenting and critisizing the maker - never had that before.

No worries about not liking it - it isn't finished and I had tried a new shape for the first time when making an AG craft. It is true, though:

It is nowhere near as good as my previous work
    Last edited by mdhay; 4th August 2009 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Spelling errors

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Yes, very true - His work is conceptual and revolutionary - but I think this will pass over most peeps heads as they don't understand the process in which a ship is designed a certain way... Not for aesthetics - NO - but to Win, and Mdhay has designed some cool FTW types so far.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Haywire_Guy

wow that is quite good, looks like an anime take on a future Qirex craft or something. I can almost see the little machine gun rotating along its spindle, taking out another nearby animated Feisar... As you said the craft was the prototype, but i still think the whole foundational shape should be replaced, hopefully im wrong and itll look stunning by the time i finish complaining ><.

@venom: The Veleno logo looks much more smoother and stylised now, a remarkable improvement to the logo you submitted before. Im not rly qualified to say this, not knowing pancakes to do with digital artworks, but i think ur Egyptian Isis advancements concept was slightly better, i was pretty taken back with your impressive craft design and subsequent logo /craft creations by Kyonshi and Mu5.
    Last edited by Haywire_Guy; 4th August 2009 at 08:15 AM.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Just thought I'd share this with you guys:

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/pic...&pictureid=979

I haven't radically changed the Chassis, just shortened the back, added some back wing stubs, the boost tailpipes, and off course, the the weapons

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

BlooOOOOOooooOOOooooOOOmin heck - is that the tez dharkan? WOW - you sure know how to make a dangerous specimen my friend!!!

Ten out of ten for this effort, truly, a very dangerous ship it is!!!

I love every pixel of it!

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

It's starting to look real violent now. The promise of Potent Fear is now closer to being realized.

Love the way the image is transparent, seeing the innards is a cool. I can see all the weps! Cool work, very very cool!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

Awesome thread. I'll try my hand at this. I've never done anything like this so be nice.

"We have been here since the concept of anti-gravity transportation.
    We have been patiently waiting and watching as each chapter of the AG racing leauge unfolds. Collecting, observing, and applying all the data and information we have witnessed to our new prototype craft. We have waited long enough. Prepare yourself, we are coming." ~ Joshuah Hoffman(great-great grandson of legendary Chuck Hoffman and president of Wolfbane R.D.)

Wolfbane Research and Developments

Wolfbane R.D. has always been a part of AG racing. Mostly unoticed by media and opponets, Wolfbane enjoys a great deal of secercy. Wolfbane originally began as a small research team(1 pilot, 2 scientist, 2 technicians, and 1 engineeer) that worked directly under Chuck Hoffman in 2030. After Belmondo's team demonstrated the first AG vehicle in 2035, U.S.A was quick to follow. Wolfbane was directly responsible for the FM-250, the first AG craft developed by the U.S.A.. Once the media had had their fill and the excitment of the discovery of anti-gravity technology died down, Wolfbane was able to focus on their next project, the f-3600. Working closely with Auricom, Wolfbane was able to build the craft used in the f-3600 after days, nights, and months of hard work. Then conflict started to form. Wolfbane was shunned by Auricom who stole their racing desings and research and booted them out the door without so much as a thank you. Furious about this outrage, Wolfbane president, Ron Mcfarlene, took a cool headed approach to the situation. He gathered what he could of their research and began forming a small team of scientist and mechanics. Only a few months after the incident, Ron was able to form a small team of 25 scientist, 16 engineers, 15 technicians, and 5 pilots. Wolfbane was reborn. Seeking funding and facilities to continue their work, Wolfbane found refuge under the wing of Pierre Belmondo with the A.G. Systems team. Shooken up by the incident with Auricom, the team was not quick to trust Belmondo. But after a few months, McFarlene decided to open up to Belmondo and the two began working together. With the help of Wolfbane, AG-Systems was able to take the f-3600 by storm. Winning countless races, Wolfbane could not have prouder. Noticing the great talent this small team had. Belmondo suggested that they try their own hand at AG racing. Taking him up on his offer, Mcfarlene took his research and team, and departed from AG-systems. They later found funding from chinese air brake developer, Piranha.

The year is 2097. The f-3600 has upgraded to the f-5000. Ron Mcfarlene has passed away leaving son of Chuck Hoffman, Andrew Hoffman, in charge of Wolfbane. After years and years of developing and research. Wolfbane and Piranha have worked together to form the prototype craft that blew fans away. Dropping weapon technology for amazing speed and handling, Wolfbane has acheived yet another bookmarked acheivment in AG racing history. Letting Piranha take most of the glory for the craft to avoid being targeted by larger teams. After the huge sucess of the prototype, Wolfbane left Piranha to continue research on their own.

After their disbandment from Piranha, most of Wolfbane's history falls off the radar. It is believed that they had something involved with the Icaras team in the f-7200 but it is beleived to be just rumors and Icaras refuses to release any information about their activities with outside teams. Another rumor is that Wolfbane was directly responsible for the fall of the f-9000. This is highly unlikely since the team said the reason they pulled out of AG racing early was due to the fear of corruption in the leauge. There fears were not in vain.

Now with the rise of the fx-350, Wolfbane has decided to rise out the veil of mystery and show the AG community what they're made of. Based somewhere near the Nevada Desert, Wolfbane has secretly been developing an extremely advanced prototype craft and testing it in the cruel conditions of the desert. No one has seen the sleek craft and pilot rosters are currently unavailable. No one is even sure of their logo or slogan. Though no one has seen this secretive team race in over 108 years, they have already attracted more then their fair share of media attention. They even already have a decently large fan base. Only time will tell wether or not the years of waiting will pay off. Even though they haven't raced in over a century, it's foolish to think they aren't ready. Prepare yourself, we are coming....

I'm still deciding on the colors of the team and their logo. I'm tweaking the ship right now but I'll post sketches later. I hope that wasn't too lengthy.
    Last edited by WolfKill01; 10th August 2009 at 01:19 AM.

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

lol, so what if your post was a lil long!?! It was very entertaining and enjoyable reading mate. Can't wait to see the designs now.