Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Imagine a new WipEout team....

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Thats a F-Zero ship Mus. Wipeout ships are a bit bigger than that.

[Kigo Filter De-Activated]

Its not my design, its Venom's

Why dont you go and troll somewhere else?

[Kigo Filter Re-Activated]

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Haywire_Guy

lol mu5 you can always do some little tweaks to a design when your going to digitise it, like what Kyonshi did to my logos and it looked couple hundred times better after.

Regardless it looks fantastic, and to be able to get a 3d model out of the single blueprint is amazing. The isometric view looks rly professional, i honestly wouldn't be surprised to see it in the next wipeout game later in the future =D. (though the craft would probably look a bit more elongated)
    Last edited by Haywire_Guy; 1st August 2009 at 09:03 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Haywire_Guy

Default Helicon Tech

Was looking through the past posts and i realised there was never an Indian team created thoughout any of the wipeout games, so im advancing this:

Helicon Developments
    - Country of origin: Republic of India
    - Research and developement facilities: Goa
    - Emblem: Illuminated Sun

Craft Specs: Twin turbo engine with exposed core. Primary colors Orange, Red, Green

Max speed: 9/10
    Accelleration: 10/10
    Handling: 6/10
    Shield: 7/10

Brief History:

With the final amendment to abolish the Caste system standards of living simultaneously exploded thorughout the country. Without the issue of population welfare to worry about our government started to inject massive amounts of money into various economic fields, and we were able to support our own racing league within months. Development started almost immediately with our wealth of highly skilled scientists based in Mumbai and Goa. The rest as they say, is history.

Our first year into the Racing league we would like to launch off with a bang. Sporting a completely exposed engine allows the craft to reach incredibly high speeds while keeping the craft temperature relatively cool. This applies also to acceleration, able to reach these speeds lightning fast without the danger of overheating engines or heat-sinks. But with the lesser amount of space to install compressed air thrusters handling is minimalistic, and shields weaker than average due to lesser armor. But before they can even target us with a weapon, we'd already be a speck in the horizon with the only team carrying perfect acceleration.

Our team slogan: "No Friends on the Track"

(Also included discarded draft logo, Shion Tech)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Haywire_Guy; 1st August 2009 at 12:38 PM.

this could make up a downloadable content pack, a new roster of 4 teams with ambitious, tenuous and progressive designs from world powers looking to enter into the lucrative and once again thriving sport, with tracks from these countries too, entered as football tournaments compel governments and football associations to build stadiums to high standards and revamp cities and infrastructures?

- kaishi systems of china
    - gyomang advancements of united korea
    - helicon developments of india
    - isis advancements of egypt - good idea

possibly a greek team? titan? hades? zeus? too obvious? and am i confusing them with roman mythology? i know they have the same gods. still, excellent work. i think i'll bow out of the thread unless i have some ideas to supplement the work you lot are doing

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

@ haywire_guy, well done mate! I'll be working on an Indian Team aswell, being an Indian myself, I feel like I should do something to put my country on the map of mayhem.

Keep up the good work peeps!

EDIT: @ Haywire_Guy, your idea is awesome - I have some cool ideas too. We can either work together on this idea or separately, but I believe 2 heads are always better than one, so let's partner up and create a team for India!
    Last edited by ACE-FLO; 1st August 2009 at 03:09 PM.

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Either Way, I'll post my idea here anyway. Before I do though - I just wanted to say that this is one my favourite threads - it's great seeing like-minded individuals using their imaginations to create new teams with a history and diving into the realm of fan fiction in doing so... Let me join you fantastic people!

My Team name is: Tez Dharkan Technologies which translates to Potent Fear Teachnologies... enjoy

Synopsis:

FX-500 Anti-Gravity Racing League New Team Entry

Team: Tez Dharkan Technologies “Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained”

Country of Origin - New India (Formerly India and Nepal)

Research and Development Facilties – A.L.T.E.R.N Head Quarters, Mount Everest, New India (formerly Nepal).

Emblem: TBA

Formed when India and Nepal united to become the worlds latest superpower, the combined Govt of New India saw fit to invest Trillions of Rupees into the FX-500 league by developing a brand new team. Combined with the might of A.L.T.E.R.N (AirLickerTM Technologies Research Enterprise Network) the impossible has been realized. By combining maxed out top SPEED and THRUST ratios, we have essentially given ourselves the winning ticket into the season. No other team can boast the stats we have achieved to date. The Shield Management Systems used in previous tests and in concept stages was the Ion-Shield RepellantXL-90+ range developed by Graviton Base Advancements (New Jersey), but after being disallowed the use of this technology by the FX-500 Racing Board for being over budget, we have found ourselves back at the drawing board.

The AirLicker Group funded a new technology which draws power away from the shield and re-invests that power into the weapons engine onboard, giving weapons a 35% boost in impact measured. This does leave our ship open to all threats when we engage a weapon, as our shields are ineffective at point of weapons engagement but it is a risk we are willing to take. Nothing ventured, nothing gained is our motto… We like to take risks here. Details of our revolutionary shield technology remain the intellectual property of A.L.T.E.R.N and cannot be revealed.

The Handling of our AG-craft is our biggest pride of place. Appearing to be an average stat when compared to some of the other ships, do not be fooled. The AirLicker Group are notoriously known to create the lightest composites for use on AG-Craft as seen in the FX-400 Pulse circuits with the modifications to AG-Systems and the EG-X Technologies AG crafts respectively, and as we have joined forces with A.L.T.E.R.N, this technology is exclusively ours. Our proudest achievement lies here, employing reverse polarity lateral stabilizers, and the revolutionized "AirLicker Super-LightsTM" composites used in making the ships hull lighter than its nearest competition by 31.17%, ensures that our pilots can essentially pilot this craft with relative ease. This stat is the most misleading stat in our portfolio – we warn all teams in advance – we’ve broken our boundaries, now we’re coming to break yours!!!

Speed 10
    Thrust 10
    Handling 7
    Shield 5

Pilot Information

Lead Pilot:
    Preeti Roopa
    Pilot Tag: the Troopa
    Sex: Female
    Experience: Test Pilot and Engineer for AirLicker Group UK, author of “The Art of Guerrilla Warfare” and “Bio-Mechanics, and Me”

Secondary Pilot: Arjan Tankaria
    Pilot Tag: the Tank
    Sex: Male
    Experience: Born with an abnormally large brain, Arjan can switch his nerve sensors off at will, enabling supreme concentration and heightened response leading to endorphin release, giving him total control over his craft and total enjoyment in doing so. When asked why he entered the FX-500 he replied "There's only one thing which takes my attention away from the awesomely sexy Preeti Roopa, and that is piloting my Tez Dharkan"

Concept images will be posted here at a later date...

End
    ___
    Last edited by ACE-FLO; 1st August 2009 at 05:05 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Default Harfang Technologies reveal early prototype craft design!

(Excerpt from recent article from the Tribune de la République Québécoise, August 1st 2202. English version will follow)

La division Recherche et Développement d'Harfang Technologies est fière de d'annoncer sa participation Ã* la série FX-500 pour la prochaine année Ã* venir. La divulgation du vaisseau complet est pour l'instant reportée Ã* une date indéterminée, due Ã* des séances intensives de recherche en profondeur visant Ã* perfectionner la capacité aérodynamique et la durabilité du Rapace 1. La fiche technique du modèle 0.5 est cependant révélée, ainsi qu'une vue aérienne de ce dernier. Prenez note que ces documents sont classifiés "Données de développement temporaires" et que les détails du project Rapace 1 sont pour l'instant en cours de réalisation.

Harfang Technologies R&D division is proud of announcing its participation in the FX-500 serie for the year to come. Disclosure of complete craft design is for now postponed to an indefinite date, due to deep and intensive research sessions to improve aerodynamic capacities and durability of the Rapace 1 [Editor's note: Rapace 1 is said to be called "Ravenous 1" in english by HT officials]. Technical specs of model 0.5 are however revealed, as well as aerial view of the said model. Please take note that these documents are classified "Temporary Developement Data" and that details of project Rapace 1 are for now under way of completion.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kyonshi; 28th August 2009 at 05:25 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

it looks awesome, sleek and elegant yet vicious.

btw is it possible to get a side view of that

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

I had time to conceive the top view only xD It took me 3 hours in Illustrator

I will get on the side view as soon as i can, but for now, i need a break, my brain was melting

I like the design - well cool mate

Ive noticed in the last couple of designs the cockpits have been situated at the front of the ship. Its making them look more like aircraft than Wipeout ships - Just a thought.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

It was intentional Since Harfang is the name of a bird of prey, i wanted to give it this aspect. Also, most WipEout ships are arrow-head shaped or dual hull. I wanted to differ from this and try to design a ship with frontal cockpit. When you'll see the side-view of it, it'll be more related to general ship design from original WipEout crafts

Sweet

I love the name 'hayabusa' - I beleive its a japanese bird of prey

Anyway - Look forward to the next sketches
    Last edited by Mu5; 2nd August 2009 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Sailor jerry rum

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Haywire_Guy

@ Mu5: Holy Macaroni that was fast O.O i only posted up the sketch like... yesterday,,, and it was a messily drawn sketch at that.

Awesome work, the playdough effect is probably a startoff thing but im guessing it itll look like metal in no time. (btw looked at the other stuff you made in ur album and they all look like gold bona-fide SCREENSHOTS. Whatever you use to make those things you must be awfully good at using it xD)

@Ace-Flo: Great idea for the Indian team alternative, and ive responded to your private msg with some improvements i think would be worthwhile. Hope the devs pay attention to this thread sometime.
    Last edited by Haywire_Guy; 2nd August 2009 at 06:03 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Team Name: IPAG D

Team Location: IPU SpaceCenter1

Motto: "Hello World."

Team Colors: Silver and Bronze

Emblem: A silver square with a bronze hand inside. On billboards the hand waves then writes "HELLO" in squarish font.

Stats:

Speed - 4/5
    Thrust - 5/5
    Handling - 4/5
    Shields - 2/5

The SpaceCenter1 is the capitol of the IPU (Inter-Planetary Union), a network of MegaStations scattered around the Solar System. The IPU was created in 2099 by Albert Hammond, a British entrepeneur who believed that the only way for humanity to have any influence in the universe was to create permanent metropolitan areas in the vacuum of space. Having officially declared independance from Earth in 2156, the IPU have kept good distance from the blue planet as to avoid any extraterrestrial conflict (the only major battle they have had with Earth Forces was over the occupation of Phobos, a Martian moon). Having seen broadcasts of Anti-Gravity Racing from the IPU Planetcast, an entertainment network focusing around terrestrial topics, the citizens of the IPU have demanded participation in the sport. For over a century the IPUG (the 'G' is for government) have denied these demands due to their iffy relationship with Earth. Many have lost hope that the Union would ever be able to leave a mark in the world of speed that is Anti-Gravity racing.

But now everything has changed.

Due to the lack of support that the IPU needs, Earth has agreed to let SpaceCenter1 move permanently from its home (anywhere between Jupiter and Neptune) to Earth orbit. In exchange, the IPU needs to compete in the AG Racing League and host a race each season on a circuit housed within SpaceCenter1. With this, the IPU can finally establish an ongoing relationship with Earth through economic partnerships and allied endeavours. The IPU's IPAG D (Inter-Planetary Anti-Gravity Development) has been training its pilots thoroughly, both in flying the silver and bronze IPAG D craft and in handling the intense gravity experienced while sitting during press conferences. With speed and agility taking priority, the citizens of IPU can be, for the first time, proud of their AG Racing Craft, the Terres.

The craft, with an experimental Mono-Beam design that is sure to turn heads, was put through many trials at the official SpaceCenter1 circuit. IPAG D, taking their precious time, tweaked every performance aspect of the craft to near perfection over a course of several months. Shields, however, have been notably lacking. IPAG D has no worries though, making sure that even weapon fire can't touch the quick-reflex handling of the Terres. Surely fellow AG craft will have trouble dealing with IPAG D's AG machine. This is going to be a great year for racing. Earth, meet IPAG D.

@Haywire - 'Holy Macaroni' <-- LOL

Cheers mate

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire_Guy View Post

@Ace-Flo: Great idea for the Indian team alternative, and ive responded to your private msg with some improvements i think would be worthwhile. Hope the devs pay attention to this thread sometime.
    Just read your PM Haywire, and taken onboard - the new stats to the Team Tez Dharkan are as follows:

Speed 10
    Thrust 9
    Handling 7
    Shield 6

btw, just seen the scarab design ship which MU5 designed for Haywire_Guy, looks coooool!!! Nice work there!

Also - I thought I'd add here that concept models for Team Tez Dharkan will be available for viewing some time soon - member affiliates of A.L.T.E.R.N have been working on something...

Would like to express my thanks to Mdhay for helping me with this!
    Last edited by ACE-FLO; 2nd August 2009 at 02:10 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Haywire_Guy

@ Ace-Flo: lol the Egyptian Scarab design was created by Venom and digitized by Mu5, credits go to each respectively and i took no part in any of it.

Mu5 graciously digitized the helicon craft, if your referring to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyonshi View Post
    Venom, Isis is the deity of the Home and Protection in Egypt. She also brought back to life Osiris. Maybe you should find a catch phrase inspired from those concepts. Even your ship should have particularities like regeneration or something special about shield power or something.

Me i thought about "The High (eye) in the Sky" but maybe its a bit too much like Icaras's "Flying High"?
    No, it's perfect !

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire_Guy View Post
    "The greatest attack is the perfect defence*"
    This is another good slogan, mate .

Quote Originally Posted by Mu5 View Post
    Heres the first pic of the Isis 'Scarab'

http://ringospoon.deviantart.com/art...0-09-131662040

Hope you like it
    Mu5, am so impressed !
    This is f****n' perfect mate, this 3-D design is perfect, very perfect, fabolous, you're awesome mate !
    The other design is very stilish, but probabbly I prefer this only because is the my original design, not for other reasons .
    Thanks for all the contributes mates, very thanks, this means that am not the only WipEout maniac on this planet !