Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Imagine a new WipEout team....

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Ok here is a new one (and I'm trying to keep the stats "fair" as it were)!

The US in an attempt to revitalize their Space Program had developed a smaller version of the Blackbird to use as a long range surveillance craft. The project was ultimately considered too costly as something to be pursued by the government, but a small independent firm known as "Orbital Design" got donations from an anonymous donor and began to modify the top secret project's goal for a combat race craft: The Blackbird GTS.

Stats:

speed: 125
    acceleration: 90
    handling: 65
    shield: 50

Having such a low shield strength is a direct result of having to keep the craft light enough to be nimble. The Blackbird instead has a unique feature that makes up for it: it can't be locked on to by other craft (it is a stealth ship after all!). In addition, the physical look of the ship is a mirrored plating technology (similar to the silver ships, but more reflective to make it harder to see). The Turbo's effects last twice as long with the Blackbird. Barrel rolls only cost 10 ship energy as well. The Blackbird ONLY gets the green weapon pickups though, due to a lack in budget to be able to revamp the weapon systems and keep the ship as light as possible. Each weapon pad absorbed temporarily makes the ship completely invisible for other racers, as well as restores a smaller amount of energy. You can still hit it with rockets and other non-locking weapons, it is just harder to see. The ultimate "green ship" ^_^

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

fair stats with a 125% stat on speed? You sure about that?

Speed can be a maximum of 100% to keep things level, otherwise this thread will probably see ships with ridiculous stats in future which make no sense such as SPEED 200% and shield 0%... makes no sense to me

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

If anything my last ship entry seems unbalanced honestly, that's why if you read into its info I added the "balancing term" to keep things fair (I should of put 100-150% really )

If ever did get featured in a game, I would make it the hardest ship to unlock to make things fair. Work hard for my XAF-72 Wyvern
    Last edited by Snakenator1; 24th April 2014 at 10:08 PM.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

to get an idea of how teams should be balanced, take a look at some of the other "older" entries in this thread.

You'll find them pretty much balanced, yet competitive enough to give each other a good run for eachothers money.

No ship should be 100 -150% SPEED.

Speed max is at 100% but at the behest of a lot of other stats.... boosting speed stat to above 100% disqualifies a ship from AGCR Think F1, ok? Rules are rules.

And if others could do it, so can you.

EDIT: here is an older entry, for your perusal:

Quote Originally Posted by UB3R~JKP View Post
    NightFury dev blog log 23/06/2103:
    "Feisar have confirmed that they are not interested in the split nose design and with that I am proud to welcome that for the 1st time ever we will be a complete Unit and not a "branch" or "division", Supported By the Airlicker Industries we shall rise and let the world know our dream to be the ship with the worlds leading airbrake system! This log also confirms our ship stats for the 1st time to you, the public:
    -Thrust:4
    -Speed:8
    -Handling:10
    -Shield:4

NightFury Out!
    The splitnose design will still go ahead as per!

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Don't forget though that it would never be in a game like WipEout I kinda let loose with the imagination on that one.

I do currently have another Wyvern in development that is balanced in regards to the rules though. Just need some time to work out the stats, history and then "attempt" to draw it for anyone wishing to see

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

remember, we're wipeout fans, not some other anti grav racing game with weird stats and shoots

Look, if you maintains a good team, which goes by rules and endears members to it, you could end up with something like this:

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/att...achmentid=4146

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

The new balanced Wyvern Aeronautical Research craft:

FX 350-400 Wyvern Fury

Speed- 90
    Handling- 90
    Thrust- 80
    Shield- 70

A more balanced performer from the Icelandic team to fit in league requirements. But keeping in tradition of using modified F-14 Tomcats for high aerodynamic speed and handling at the cost of some durability.

(I'm currently working on a drawing of the craft, I suck with using graphics software on the pc but I am a good artist so drawings now under way)
    Last edited by Snakenator1; 25th April 2014 at 09:13 AM.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Quote Originally Posted by Snakenator1 View Post
    The new balanced Wyvern Aeronautical Research craft:

FX 350-400 Wyvern

Speed- 90
    Handling- 90
    Thrust- 80
    Shield- 70
    that adds up to 330 total, the limit is 260, can you revise it?

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

You sure about that?
    Feisar fury is 345 with its stats, HD is 330
    Icaras fury is 310, HD is 300

Am I just missing something though?
    Last edited by Snakenator1; 24th April 2014 at 10:48 PM.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

hmm, you know, you have a point.

OK, in this fanfic universe I think it is ok to have "fury" variants, as well as the regular ones. But remember, the fury varants may have slightly boosted stats compared to the regular ones in game, but they've sacrificed other "hidden stats" which we are not told about but been hinted at by the devs of the game when they posted in this forum, post launch of fury.

I think I should try and give an example - a fury variant might have a boosted speed stat of 10 % and a boosted handling stat of maybe say 5%, but the ships suffers compared to its regular version in tighter turns because the boosted handling stat only applied to the airbrakes, and not the turning ability itself, so exiting tight chicanes will not be as easy in a fury variant of a certain ship when compared to its regular version, make sense?

There's a lot to consider here.

I remember when I first started to read this forum years ago when some of the dev's from SL still visited and posted occasionally, the members here literally picked their brains about ship details and fury variants etc - one thing they told us was, it will always come down to preference. We can't say a fury ship is better than a regular one, because the hidden stats make up the differences...

...what those hidden stats are? We don't know - the ex SL staff never told us.

How about this for a suggestion? (if you like it, we can standardise this as an unofficial rule to this fanfic thingy)

all ships can total their stats to 300 for regular and 330 for fury variants, does that sound fair?

with regard to this:

Feisar fury is 345 with its stats, HD is 330
    Though feisar measures slower in the speed stats it over powers in other areas.... and thus:

Icaras fury is 310, HD is 300
    though rates lower in stat points, is a faster ship because faster speed ships nullify other areas of ship stats.

This can become quite complicated, so I propose a gentlemans agreement that all HD ships be 300 points and all fury variants to 330

Then go crazy on ship design and storyline - try and integrate other members teams into the story line too, as demonstrated in this thread where members developed a rather interesting fanfic, ad hoc - just playing off each others posts....

NOTE: what they did not do was claim their ship was the best, or won a race, or won a championship - as this would offend other members who are trying to also be a part of the fanfic.

Instead, develop the story line past the win/loss stuff, into an actual story, as the members here had done.

There were good teams, and bad people wanting the teams to be finished and AGCR to die, it all got a little suspensy and that was kinda cool

Let me know what you think.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

In regards to the ship stats of hidden traits, Feisar vs Icaras it all makes sense. (I was confused when I got those results at first )
    Plus the limit to our ships capabilities seems very fair in my eyes. I also agree with all other areas of this post, all very reasonable and well said

I'll limit my crazy imagination in some of my future mini fan fics and ships lets say my balanced craft is my fury variant to keep in line of the rules.

I say these limits to ship capabilities should go into full affect ASAP to keep things fair but perhaps our previous posts can be like extra history to our teams (just so we can keep them) but could never be used in a role-play scenario to prevent arguing.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

sounds good and fair

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Quote Originally Posted by terra-wrists View Post
    fair stats with a 125% stat on speed? You sure about that?

Speed can be a maximum of 100% to keep things level, otherwise this thread will probably see ships with ridiculous stats in future which make no sense such as SPEED 200% and shield 0%... makes no sense to me
    Yeah, good call. I guess in terms of if this was to be an actual ship, here are the new stats (with a max of 310):

SR-75 Blackbird, the ultimate green league team

speed: 100
    thrust: 90
    handling: 85
    shield: 35

The "super weapon" type abilities still apply. This ship is about risk vs reward. Pretty much any shot is a one hit kill below 50%. Since this ship would only take green pickups, I was thinking that every other pickup would just be automatically recycled towards energy. That way you may or may not get a usable pickup, but you can only use the green ones. It would be a bit unfair if you have a 1 in 3 chance for a turbo at every pad afterall. The skin would be a more "reflective" version of the silver variant.

For sake of this thread, are we allowing these special abilities with in reason?

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

I think its possible, if we can consider these "quirks" in the fan fic to follow.

The problems I foresee are in describing the races. Even with regular FX350 rules, describing a race, with all its nuances can be quite a tricky experience,and to add these "quirks" in could make it a lot more trickier.

I guess only time will tell

by the way, if any one does want logo design help, I am willing to have a go. Truth be told, this thread has been a personal fave of mine for years, and even a group was started for it - which has some amazing ship models within - a true testament to what this community can do if we pull together...

...at this point, I have to mention the SSGX team, heck those guys took it to a whole new level and created a full game out of their collective imaginations. Now, we may not have the ability to create a real game as such, but where we can excel is in the imagination - which is limitless. I know there are a few rules here, like ship stat points etc, but i don't think they hinder us in any way. And possibly, they could serve to enrich our imaginative propagations here with a touch of realism about them.

I hope I make sense

EDIT: the SR-75 blackbird didn't come out of Lockheed Martin by any chance did it???? I've got Ben Rich's book "Skunk Works" - fantastic read.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Since you made a logo for Angelus R&D, I would love to see what you can do for Crinale Technologies, Inc.!

Also, regarding the new statistic agreement, I have edited both Angelus and Crinale to fit the requirements. Both ships are Fury class only.

(Could the Fury limitation also be the limitation of a future AG League (eg. FX500)?

ANGELUS

Speed
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ 100

Thrust
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░ 080

Handling
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░ 090

Shield
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░ 075

Total: 345

Limitations:
    Can only use 2 offensive weapons (Custom Laser Cannon, slightly more powerful than standard Cannon, 50 rounds and Plasma)
    Can only use 3 defensive weapons (Mines, Turbo, Shield)
    Barrel Roll lasts longer and slightly more powerful, uses 30% Energy)

CRINALE F0-RG7

Speed
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░ 080

Thrust
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░ 080

Handling
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░ 070

Shield
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ 100

Total: 330

Limitations: None
    Last edited by Ace3000; 25th April 2014 at 06:24 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Wink Jennter-Marussia F1, the roots of Jennter AG Racing

I´m learing to paint cars at the moment,so here are some Jennter-Marussias attached
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

I don't know why, but I always imagined that Jennter would have orange in its colour scheme. Must've been that Van-Uber avatar you have.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Default A.l.t.e.r.n update - crinale release logo

The Air-Licker Technologies Enterprising Research Network (A.L.T.E.R.N) have received an anonymous press release, aforetime of all datacasts in the world of AGCR. A team much feared for their secretive nature and history. Crinale. They seem to finally have made a statement with this new and exciting design, particularly in Zone Battle Class, where the ships strength shine above all. However, this is untested currently in the FX-400 and we're sure we will see a test run on Katmoda12 some time in the near future.

Without further ado, the Crinale FO-RG7 logo concept design:

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

How do you this 0.0 I am just speechless

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Aw stop it. Hehe. Just a little photoshop really.

Thanks bud.

I'll attempt an orange jennter logo tomorrow hopefully.