Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Imagine a new WipEout team....

I might very well do a back story, but no promises. Doing the graphics might be beyond me. So dEFinitely no promises there. [not to mention there is always my sheer laziness to consider. ]

I suspect that my team's racecraft would look suspiciously like the one in my avatar, slim, sleek, light, and with a honkin huge thruster!

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Oh hey going on in here guyz.

Crappy BAI renders

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

djKyoto - the BAI ship is looking ready to go on track mate Totally love the colours you used (I'm an AG-SYS monkey) and you can't call it crappy rendering dude, it looks pretty cool imo!

Lance, awaiting the team backstory

Don't get your knickers in a twist, coz it could take months before I get round to it if ever. I am totally undisciplined as a writer [and as a lot of other things], very impulsive.

Thumbs up Its Raining :)

I tried to add some elements into Haywires Dark Triakis story last night, and it wasn't easy This is definately work in progress - I could not help myself from changing it around..... constantly.

It rains a lot in Australia in 2425

The story has some logic breaks, so introducing new material needs to address that to produce a continuous integrated sequence of "fact".

---------

Won't the aboriginals and other interested beings be concerned that the all that rain may wash away some of the relics of their history and dreamtime?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    abukii

@Mu5: Those pictures are excellent. I especially like the second one.

Thanks mate, I appreciate it You can get full-size images here

@Lance : Your right - you really need to sort a sequential set of events.

As for the Moari people - they are ok There are some parts of New Zealand above the sea level in 2425, where as Australia is competely engulfed under water. I just checked and there is around a thousand metre difference in highest points
    Last edited by Mu5; 25th September 2009 at 12:22 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Moari people??? WTF

Who the **** are Moari people?

Im going to have to call up the Noongar patrol and ask them who are these people?

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

If there were a points scale that had to be matched, then I would up the shield to the required level
    I think the points value is 32 as far as I can remember

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Default Massive Turnover at Harfang Technologies

(Excerpt from the Tribune de la République Québécoise, 24 septembre 2202. English version will follow.)

Nouvelle identité et nouvelle équipe chez Harfang Technologies

Dans un impressionnant remaniement de son personnel de la Section Recherche et Développement d'Harfang Technologies, le PDG Daniel Rondeau a voulu rassurer ses investisseurs et justifier le long hiatus de la corporation au niveau du développement du Rapace 1.

"Kyon Chi Seung est dĂ©sormais Ă* la tĂȘte de la Section Recherche et DĂ©veloppement. Il remplace donc l'ancien directeur Sam Tantpa consĂ©quemment Ă* son organisation contre-productive quant Ă* la mise en chantier du Rapace 1. Afin de promouvoir l'intention d'Harfang Technologies d'atteindre les objectifs visĂ©s et de devenir la prochaine Ă©curie championne du monde de la sĂ©rie FX-500, une nouvelle identitĂ© visuelle et un tout nouveau design officiel et approuvĂ©, la TempĂȘte Blanche ou White Storm, seront dĂ©voilĂ©s devant vous. Il a Ă©tĂ© redessinĂ© pour pouvoir se conformer aux nouveaux standards de courses AG de classe Fury. Nous avons aussi fusionnĂ© les traditionnels chĂąssis en pointe de flĂšche et double-coque pour obtenir le meilleur de la performance aĂ©rodynamique de ces deux habitacles. Les traits et courbes de la TempĂȘte Blanche diffĂšre du design aggressif des autres vaisseaux de classe Fury par leur conception affinĂ©e pour un rendement phĂ©nomĂ©nal au niveau de la poussĂ©e et du contrĂŽle.

De plus, une approche de partenariat de recherche avec les dirigeants d'A.L.T.E.R.N. a été mise sur table. Nous espérons donc les accueillir dans notre progression vers un brillant futur comme ils le feront pour nous avec les meilleures intentions."

New identity and new team at Harfang Technologies

In an impressive reworking of his staff of the Research and Development Section of Harfang Technologies, CEO Daniel Rondeau wanted to reassure his investors and justify the long hiatus of the corporation in the development of Rapace 1.

"Kyon Chi Seung is now Head of Research and Development Section. He replaces former director, Sam Tantpa, consequently to his counter-productive management in the construction of the Rapace 1. To promote the intent of Harfang Technologies to achieve its objectives and to become the next world champion team in the FX-500 series, a new visual identity and brand new, officially approved ship design, the White Storm (from french TempĂȘte Blanche), will be unveiled before you. It has been redesigned in order to comply with new AG racing standards of Fury Class.
    We also merged the traditional arrowhead and double-hull frames to get the best aerodynamic performance of the two cockpits. The lines and curves of the White Storm differs from the aggressive design of other Fury Class ships by a refined design to yield a phenomenal level of thrust and control.

In addition, a partnership approach with A.L.T.E.R.N. research leaders was put on the table. We therefore hope to welcome them in our progress towards a bright future as they will for us with the best intentions. "
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO View Post
    Moari people??? WTF

Who the **** are Moari people?

Im going to have to call up the Noongar patrol and ask them who are these people?
    They're basically the Aborigines of NZ. Natives. Don't be so quick with your words Kigo.

Unless you're just taking the piss, then I dunno. lol

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Kyonsh, as a valued member of the AirLicker Group Enterprising Research Network, you have our support

The new chassis and hull do indeed look much improved upon; the craft is most definitely stunning by design, I must say!

I'm glad the team at Harfang have managed to work on revolutionising thrust/control combination technology. This will most definitely help the White Storm craft in getting out of corners quite rapidly. Very Useful.

Let's see where this goes, it looks promising!

Very promising

Thumbs up Nice Work :)

Kyonshi - that ship rocks mate Great lines

I thought it was so good, I thought I would edit it while my new youtube vid was uploading - I had to see what it looked like with the cockpit slightly modified - hope you dont mind

Thumbnail image removed on request from Kyonshi
    Last edited by Mu5; 26th September 2009 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Thumbnail image removed on request from Kyonshi

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Mu5, cool vid? I haven't seen it yet, but will tomorrow. It's 5am here at AirLicker HQ London, and I need to catch some Zzzz

I think Kyonshi placed the C-pit centrally to enable a better sense of balance/lateral stability, but I could be wrong.

Another thing, my team at A.L.T.E.R.N noticed that your reworking of the White Storm is not equalateral - a simple edit could fix that, I'm sure! Nice attempt at re-modifying though!

Yeah I know its not perfect it was just a quick edit I done in 8 mins while my vid was processing. Had to see what it looked like with a bit more detail

Hope you like it Kyonshi, and lm looking forward to more pics

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

8mins? you work fast, I give you that shouldn't take a minute for you to get it fixed then should it?

LOL

I seen what it looked like with the cockpit reversed..........Job done! heh

Oh and Kyonshi - I done the edits before reading D79's comments on your page

Anyway - here is the vid incase you missed it .....

Building the Triakis Test Facility - TTF ONE

It shows the process of how I started with a single track, to the finished scene at the end. This is part one in a series

@Kyonshi - Ah, I read that you were going for the look of an Owl? Nice one
    Last edited by Mu5; 25th September 2009 at 04:54 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    designer_79

Hehe Mu5 , mate
    We definitely think in similar ways , yeah personally I like the c'pit much better this way, though I guess it's a bit against Kyonshi's initial concept to base his ship design upon a bird of prey (the snow owl) so I guess that's why he always placed the c'pit far front, like a bird's head.

Btw real life was a bit harsh on me the last week(s), so there was absolutely no progress on the Tez modelling (guess I am the total opposite of Mu5-on-speed , ah sorry ''speed-modeller Mu5'' ) This will change next week, when I can finally enjoy 10 days of holidays so stay tuned for news from the A.L.T.E.R.N. core team

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by djKyoto View Post
    They're basically the Aborigines of NZ. Natives. Don't be so quick with your words Kigo.

Unless you're just taking the piss, then I dunno. lol
    Thank you kyoto for your correction, ill take that in mind when im having a slash