Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Imagine a new WipEout team....

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    designer_79

Default Tez Dharkan modelling 1_02

Fellow pilots , I am gonna give you the updates on the modelling process regularely now. This could be beneficial for both sides: For you because it will be almost like a step by step guide to give some insight into the modelling techniques (an even more detailed process will be posted in the A.L.T.E.R.N. social groups discussion board that should have tutorial character) and for me because I hope to get critical feedback wich might help avoiding general mistakes regarding the basic DNA of an AG-ship ... so here we go: 2nd step in the Tez-D modelling process

- added the AG-pads under the 'knee' of the Tez, the glowing effect is not an effect added in Photoshop, most 3D programs allow to generate a glowing or illuminated material
    - removed the strange looking pipes behind the targeting computer, gonna replace that in the next step with more detailed wiring / tubing because supposedly the energy needs to be distributed to the AG-pads and to the computer system simultaneously ---> some connection between those area is needed. still haven't found a easy way to model realistic 'not too rigid' looking tubes.

stay tuned, D79
    Attached Images Attached Images

Smile

Cool

Ive done a couple of new renders with some speed blur effects. Im going to lose the shiny triakis feel and create a new team for the cobra ship - Anyone got any ideas for a colour scheme? I need to stop being lazy and go back to texturing logos and scratches etc
    Last edited by Mu5; 17th September 2009 at 05:43 PM.

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Damn - that ship looks tasty Mu5 - and your Zero_Gravity Corporation is pretty cool mate!!!

Cheers

I made a schoolboy error on the second render I will fix it later - Im away to the pub

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

To the Mu5mobile!

little update, cockpit added.
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (41.2 KB, 21 views)

looks sweet mate

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Hey guys, Major update. Finally ditched my bland as cockpit exterior and reoverhalled it. Now it finally looks like a proper true WipEout craft, so sleek and aggresive looking. Bit more interior fidding around also (fire/absorb triggers making an apparence) Really happy with it. Also modified the wings and undercarrage a bit more and added some large rear stablizer fins (in classic hexagonal wipeout shape and to give the craft a bit more 'depth'), which also houses a couple of missles (one's for you OBH ). Random curve lines are just preparing it for a paint job. At this point the Design has now reached the 'Mk III phase'.

Sexy Cockpit
    More interior nonsense
    Back end of the business
    BIA GT-RX F5000 MKIII Overall shot

Have a album on my profile now, bit i'll still post them here.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

But it's not asking me how I'm feeling anymore...

Nice work djk

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Andy, it all makes perfect sense now! What a unique design - full respect to your vision mate!

Ok, Raw Power, Unrivalled Agility, Brute Strength and Flawless Finesse - I'm talking Tiger Style... The Tez Dharkan Technologies are uniquely engineered to stringent specification. Some of us want to know what these technologies involve, so in the near future I plan on revealing tech data on our patented 'SuperLights Composite Technology' in the A.L.T.E.R.N group. I hope others will follow suit and share also!

djKyoto - WOW! ... see you on track Mr BoostAkira Industries! Damn! your ship is looking amazing man!
    Last edited by Task; 25th September 2009 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Merged two consecutive posts

Default :)

Quote Originally Posted by mdhay View Post
    To the Mu5mobile!
    lol Cheers!

Wink

Ehy wonderful models mates! This thread rules !
    I feel surprised....this thread was started as a unserious topic, and now is full of creativity!YEAH !

Veleno Technologies - NEWS UPDATE: READ WITH CAUTION!

The recently founded AG Racing team Veleno Technologies, probably will never release a definitive ship with "Veleno" team name.
    The Veleno name remains, but only as a AG researches laboratory that will create the propulsion system of the defintive ship.
    Some young Veleno supporers says: "We're worry for this....".
    This is the answer of Giulio Galletti about this:

Giulio Galletti:

"Hello mates! Am Giulio Galletti, from the elaboration center of Veleno AG Center.
    After two prototype models, now we're working at the new definitive model of the ship. I know that some Veleno supporters are still sad for the strange notice....the Veleno initials will never appears again in our history, for the good name of the AG-Racing league...don't worry about us! One month ago I was invited at the AG-Researches laboratory Magmatech, situated in Sicily, into a volcano and, guys, I was impressed by the quality of their researches and extraordinaty resources about the AG-Racing technology. Since my first visit in their laboratories I have decided to start a definitve collaboration with them, and also for my great expectations about them I have decided to change the definitve team name.
    From now we don't wanna have any "Vendetta" against anyone, the relations with Feisar from this moment will be adjusted, and we wanna be friends and in peace with every team of the planet, this is the main reason that make me suspend the "Veleno" and "Vendetta" names.
    I can say only a good news about the new team, the first and the last letters of trhe team will remains "V" and "O"....but for now I can say only this, ehehehe!
    I hope that this will help you to believe again in our force."

Guilio Galletti.

Now, the team and the ship name remains unknown, but we're still waiting for a great notice.

Thanks to you

You created a great thread mate congrats

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    Is this a....ehm, stupid....thread ?
    I hope you've re-thought that question after reading through 26 pages of awesome

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    designer_79

Default thx Venom

It's pure creative force unleashed with the power of a hurricane onto the wipeoutzone ... keep going guys.

@ DjK: you are quite the speed modeller , and with amazing outputs!!

@ Mu5: I invented the term 'cyber camouflage' for the painting scheme of the Tez , maybe that's something that could stimulate your idea for the painting of the Cobra Triakis (though I have NO idea what it ACTUALLY is )

@ Venom: another thank you for this thread , it's inspiring anyone!! And let me know about the ideas for the latest yet unknown ship, guess after doing the Tez I would be honored to lend you a helping modelling hand

@ Ace, you created just the right group for all of us 'artsies'

Happy to be a member of this community , D79

Smile

Cyber camoflage sounds cool mate! OK, it is in the pipleline

I think im going to try a 'dark triakis' first before I UV it - perhaps hang some missiles off it

@Venom : I will build your Veleno ship for you mate, as thanks for a great thread!

Ive been experimenting, trying to get the sensation of speed...

Cobra Triakis 'Hardcore'
    Last edited by Mu5; 18th September 2009 at 01:37 PM.

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

@Mu5: Try blurring objects around the ship a bit more, as this will give the impression of camera movement, which is altogether a lot more realistic, But not a bad effort Mu5.

@Venom - VictoriO??? lol - whatever it is, I commend you on your ability to change the direction of your team from Vengeance happy - to just happy to be happy... Pretty cool imo! Guilio Galletti has a lot of confidence in the future! And now with Mu5 offering to help you with the ship, hey - big things are happening for you! Well done!

Designer_79, Cyber-Camoflage... ok, here it is. Cyber Camo is a relatively simple technology which incorporates the use of nano cameras. Basically, If a wall is fitted with millions of tiny cameras, each one recording the image it sees, then projecting that image from the back of the wall, someone standing on the other side of the wall (the side where the image is displayed/projected) - would look but see no wall - therefore the wall would in effect be camoflaged... at best it would seem that the wall was "see through" !

The first time I heard of this technology was in the game series of Metal Gear - Snakes' Stealth suit employs this very same technology.

I have suggested its implementation into future craft composites, but for now this technology is speculated to be a possible new activated pickup from the weapons pads of the FX500. The last time this technology was used in the world of Wipeout was in the F9000 (fusion) league... After which it was outlawed. However, we're talking FX450/500 seasons now and things are not what they used to be; there are rumours circulating that the weapon pads, will enable ships with this technology to engage the "Stealth" (Cyber-Camo) weapon for a period of 5 seconds during races.

Details of the cyber-camo are being held back by AirLicker Group as we havent to date managed to make this technology lighter, and if incorporated into the Tez, will increase ship weight by 21.9% - we don't believe the ends justify the means, not yet... but we are working on this technology which is wholly owned by AirLicker Group post the F9000 leagues dispersal.

And, thanks Designer_79, I wouldnt have made the group if there wasn't sufficient reason to do so. I can hereby confirm that more teams will be entering the various AG seasons, I have had a lot of very positive feedback regarding A.L.T.E.R.N and members of this site have expressed an interest in developing their own model/ships. I say "Let's be Friends"... the tutorials in the group ensure that help is readily available for members of A.L.T.E.R.N social group. And help is always available... Peace to all,

Ace - AirLicker Group!

Smile

Your right, here is a better effort this time. I tried to add some blurrage in and around the ship as well.

'Shoot the core'

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Man, it looks good!!! The Triakis is looking sleek!!!

Smile

Cheers

You were right - much more blur was needed!

Danger Ahead