Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Imagine a new WipEout team....

I saw a video on youtube of the wipeout dynamic skin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVk5cbf6CYY&feature=fvw and I was amazed by it - didn't know all those body panels could work like that and it never occurred to me.

Soooooo, I'm scrapping my fury ship. I think mine can be done much, much better - I didn't like the looks anyway - I started without a plan that time but I'll make sure I use one this time. Thought I'd let you guys know =]

+

Edit - threw something together on paint.net of the new fury craft
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by andy; 15th September 2009 at 05:55 PM.

Cheers for the link - best thing Ive seen in a long time

Cool ship design also

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Quote Originally Posted by Mu5 View Post
    Thats cool mate - I you texture mapped a bitmap to make it look like exposed engine parts/logos it would rock
    I'm guessing you want it to look even more like the Zne ship on HD? Stil going to do it though.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by djKyoto View Post
    Love feedback anytime, thanks.
    I LOVE the "how are you today?" in the cockpit

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

nice one mdhay something you might want to try is select the whole thing, right click and click on intersect with model - it just makes sure you don't have overlapping panels, making them easier to work with.

A little update, working my way up the craft in sketchup and everything is going fine. Using a proper reference is much easier and I can see I would have had a lot of headaches working this one out without one. The only problem is the colour scheme at the moment which is a bit dodgy but I'll sort that out later. Starting to look a bit menacing, much more in keeping with the original design too.

The last picture is tiny, dunno why and I'm sorry for that, but its got a gradient on it (again, very hard to see ¬.¬) to show which parts of the drawing will have the background showing through/aren't there (sorry if that's not very clear).

so yeah, thanks =]

Edit: one more to show it with the reference picture thing.
    Last edited by andy; 15th September 2009 at 10:51 PM.

You are throwing great shapes Andy

I know it can be difficult modelling from one view - thats looking promising

Need help building a team / home circuit from New Zealand for FX-Custom League

I have got an idea for a track - all I need is the :

- ship design
    - track name
    - team logo
    - pilot

The track is going to be kind of like Sol2 hovering over water.

Think Sol2 extended, long fast straight with tight corners. The track design will be looping / twisting, and be in a similar style to the one shown here. It will dip in and out of the water through a glass tube (also in a tube underground where it meets an island). All this with lovely reflections from the sea, mirroring the track for that special effect

The story about the track is regarding the water rising in the future when the ice caps melt. There are only small islands with cool buildings with similar architecture to those seen in Sol2 . I was thinking at places where the track meets the sea having sprays coming up from the water if you are flying past at 1000 kph

The track is current work in progress - it would be really good to finish off some renders with a cool ship and logo
    Last edited by Mu5; 15th September 2009 at 11:21 PM.

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Andy you are rocking mate ... the GEIST is coming along nicely!

Mu5 - hats off to your idea for an underwater track section! I loved the underwater tunnels in Fusion - and wondered why this theme never migrated to future releases.

Though the idea itself isn't original, I anticipate the differences you aim to highlight in your version of an underwater track. You can even call it "Hydropia" - I'm quite pleased with that name ...

... and yeah, about time you bought a team to the table dude!

DJKyoto
    : Mate, the cockpit has some nice touches mate... loving that!

Also, the AirLicker Group will be making a very important announcement soon. Something which I hope will have all team creators/contributors, working and bouncing ideas off eachother, in true wipEout unity!

Watch this sp-ace!
    Last edited by ACE-FLO; 16th September 2009 at 03:04 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Drinks up Yeldar

Yours looks really cool andy. Not sure if you would call my design generic or not.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    designer_79

Default Tez Dharkan entering the modelling phase

@ DjKyoto, the can holder in the cockpit must be the coolest detail ever included in an AG-ship !! not sure though when the pilot is gonna find the necessary milliseconds to have a sip out of it.

Tez Dharkan team announcement:

- A.L.T.E.R.N. Datacast 23970918-1440 -

Finally the production facility is up and running ... due to an attempt of sabotage at our HQ by a yet unknown team or organisation, the production of the first Tez-D prototype got delayed ... Step 1: we forged the underbody of the ship to include the deadly proton weapon bays and our unique targeting and particle overdrive computer / generator.

The A.L.T.E.R.N R&D Section D79 would be pleased sharing some of the insider information about the modelling techniques and general knowledge of the virtual 3D workspace to selected subscribers of this datacast. You will be able to follow a step by step description of the Tez-D production, get insight in basic concepts of 3d modelling and be invited to ask any questions.

ACE-FLO our esteemed chairman will announce details on this topic here soon.

With greetings from A.L.T.E.R.N HQ, Mt. Everest
    D79 co-director, head of R&D

- Datacast end -

Looks cool mate - Nice detail on the side Did you you draw the front view? Just wondering what it looks like head-on

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    designer_79

Mu5 mate, no ... haven't drawn the front view yet because so far the basic modelling works well with just side and top view. But I'll do that soon, and to answer your question from earlier ... yes I will do it with old school construction / projecton technique . Honestly, my feeling about the front view is not a good one I sense there might be some proportion issues: The Tez could end up looking too 'flat'.
    Last edited by designer_79; 16th September 2009 at 07:47 AM.

Thumbs up

designer_79, amazing, absolutely amazing !

Cool mate - It looks great, cant wait to see more

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Quote Originally Posted by designer_79 View Post
    @ DjKyoto, the can holder in the cockpit must be the coolest detail ever included in an AG-ship !! not sure though when the pilot is gonna find the necessary milliseconds to have a sip out of it...
    Bendy straws??

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Default Datacast: A.L.T.E.R.N

As mentioned previously, A.L.T.E.R.N have extended their hand in friendship for the mutual benefit of all who have contributed to this thread so far. I have created a new social group in the social groups section, please go and view it. In any case, I have sent out invites to this group to all who have contributed here also. If I have missed someone, I apologize as it was really late when I was sending the invites out.

Here is the text from the groups intro:

"UNDER CONSTRUCTION"

Learn how to design and develop New ships, Technologies, Track design, Q/A. Find links to useful software and tutorials/guides for these!

Learn/Share/Bounce/Brainstorm

If you ever felt like giving something back to the world of wipEout - here's where you need to be!

Ace, Founder and Chairman - The AirLicker Group.

Co-Directors: Designer_79 / Mdhay
    Affiliates of AirLicker Group: Kyonshi / djKyoto / Haywire_Guy

Most Wanted Members: Sumimasen / Mu5

Quote Originally Posted by mdhay View Post
    Bendy straws??
    Built into the helmet. It's already done for astronauts. Dunno about military aircraft pilots.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

They've got that big one.

Riiight. Much better, much clearer pictures this time. I'm still not 100% on the colour scheme, but its much better than before. It's starting to take shape now and I'm feeling quite happy with it.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

That looks so cool

Mine needs some serious modifications now.