Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Imagine a new WipEout team....

PSN ID
    slimjim2097

its plodding along xD im still learning the tools that i need and what they do

Smile Triakis Test Facility 02

More triakis test track...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

whoa those aussies sure have a nifty test facility... lucky bastards

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

That is totally kick ass Andy.

Makes mine looks generic. But then it is a more traditional design.

Thumbs up TTF 04a

Andy, cant wait until you put more detail in the engine - I would love to see some boost power coming out the back as well

If anyone fancies attempting a logo/back story for 'Dark Triakis' or 'Triakis Test Facility' I would love it see it

Ive added the final touches -hope you guys like it

TTF 04a

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Mu5: Very professional and visually compelling work mate! Are there plans to animate a short racing sequence? I know it involves a tremendous amount of work, but it is something I think your designs are worthy of! It would look too awesome - the Triakis and the Feisar gunning eachother for position!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Haywire_Guy

Holy macaroni that craft looks EPIC... only thing is that i thought the original dual contrails looked really cool (esp in motion), but then i remembered that no wipeout craft in existence had dual contrails, so i guess itd seem more realistic.

On a side note any idea where the new research facility is based? Itd be nice to fantasize having a cybernetic testing facility situated in future sydney =P.

Wink

andy: your team project is absolutely excellent, the green/black contrast looks awesome, and the ship design is one of the best positive points about it (for me it looks like a midway between Feisar and Icaras), it's very unique under this point fo view and if you look it with more attention....it can says "drive me" at your eyes .
    AWESOME WORK mate !

Mu5: the beautiful track of your project for me looks like a re-interpretation of Talons Reach....I don't know the reason, but it makes me this effect, am 'so mad ?

VELENO Researching - NEWS UPDATE

Giulio Galletti: "C'mon guys! In the next days we will reveal some important details about the ship model created in our Magmatech Laboratories and, naturally, the name of the team that we have created to celebrate our powerful collaboration. Stay connected and sweet cheers for all!"
    Last edited by XpanDrome2097; 21st September 2009 at 02:18 PM.

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

DjKyoto: Have you thought about what colour / texture schemes you will be using? I'm totally waiting for that!

The BoostAkira would look too damn good with those complete, maybe even all logo'd up? with sponsorships?

Once there was a nameless evil who hid from the light. In his secret underground lair, his minions worked with inhuman tirelessness to perfect technology unknown to the forces of good. At last the evil one was ready to begin his war against the world. He started in the most seemingly innocent way by investing in a type of human entertainment, a racing league. He infiltrated one of the teams and built into its products his technology of evil. The team became... Dark Triakis. muahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa

haaaaaaa

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Sounds like the intro to an anime!

I think I'm going to finish on this, . The first two are hidden line pictures to show the craft with no livery, while the last 3 have liveries.

I had some pictures of 2 on a red track, but the upload decided it would jpeg itself up bad.

I think I'll draw up some pilots or something too.

http://www.2shared.com/file/7951635/e6d6638a/geist.html - sketchup file - 6,385 KB

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    billychanxtr33m

that geist ship is starting to look really good

Smile Triakis Test Facility 05

@MDHay : Thanks mate

@AceFlo : Yeah for sure- The main thing holding it back is processing power. At HD resolution it is taking up to 40 minutes to output a single frame on my dual core laptop. I need some serious processing power. I had some great ideas when TTF 4a came into fruition this morning...A huge spiralling track with about 20 Dark Triakis racing about,lol. The next animation in the works is the Dark Triakis at a standstill first - just hovering on air..then boosting off

Even this animation took quite a while to render, and its pretty short. Im thinking also how to do a boost effect, as this is new territory

@Haywire : Great story and nice work I posted it up on my journal in DA and gave you a mention - Do you want a link on it to point somewhere specific?

@Venom - Nice idea! I need to get some screenshots of structures/bends from Talons Reach.

@Lance - LOL, sets a great tone..it will be transferred into the story somehow

@Andy : Thats looking great

Dark Triakis - Part One
    by Haywire_Guy

During the abolishment of the workers union act in 2425 the employment climate of the vast island nation was in disrepair. Arid sandstorms and barren wastelands had battered much of the Western coastline due to rampant industrialisation and pollution, causing much of its small population to leave in the millions. By 2400 it had the population of only 15 million.

Shops were closing, major corporations were moving off Australia’s shores, and it was joining the list of Industrial failures of the 24th century. Of course the Australian AG racing league was in huge financial debt having, having sacked over 75% of its employees in an effort to cut costs.

But just as the Macross Rockwell was about to dissolve the iconic Racing team indefinitely, a bid was offered that was impossible to refuse. Unknown to its implications of control over the company Mr. Rockwell hastily signed the holo-contract in a last ditch to save the dwindling company. It was later known that the contractors was a private metal ore and Fibresteel manufacturer, selling various minerals and metals to various nations at a fraction of the price.

Team Triakis were ordered to test a newly developed armour created by these “contractors”. It was said to be the equivalent of “hardened shadows” and was purported be stronger than Fibresteel, lighter than Whitegrain. Under orders Team Triakis implemented this newly created metal into future craft designs in an attempt to test it out in the modern worlds most brutal environment: The AG race track. In no less than a decade, showing the new, swifter face of the great Aussie outback, the Dark Triakis prototype RX001 was born.

Dark Triakis vs Feisar 02
    Last edited by Mu5; 22nd September 2009 at 01:47 AM.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

If I made a new team, they'd be called Quickfire.

SPEED: 8/10
    HANDLING: 9/10
    THRUST: 9/10
    SHIELD: 6/10

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
    its plodding along xD im still learning the tools that i need and what they do
    I'd do more on that tutorial, but I can't right now.

If I designed a new team ship, it would have:

Shield ----- 2/10
    Speed ----- 10/10
    Handling --- 6/10
    Thrust ---- 10/10

If there were a points scale that had to be matched, then I would up the shield to the required level, but leave everything else untouched. The idea is to max speed and acceleration through lightness, and to keep handling stable and aerodynamic resistance low by keeping control surfaces small, and "all-flying", which means that the entire control surface moves on a pivot and is fully streamlined. Only exception to that would be 'vertically' symmetrical airbrakes.

PSN ID
    slimjim2097

@mdhay no need to do that ill just spend some time messing around with the tools other wise ill never kearn

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Default LancE, makE thE tEAm!

Lance - I hopE you're itching to gift us zoners with a cool backstory for your team! Love the ship synopsis, well thought out! I'm sure others feel the same. We'd love to see a ship design in development naturally, A.L.T.E.R.N facilities are there for members to utilise. More tutorials will be up there soon. So, yeah! Say 'yes, i'll write the story and design the ship' - this would be awesome!

[peepz - the dot represents - respect the "."]
    Last edited by ACE-FLO; 23rd September 2009 at 02:14 AM.