Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Imagine a new WipEout team....

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

I hadn't had the time to do my concept drawings yet I'm really busy lately. I need to get my act together.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Ooh I'd love to see the rough sketches when you've done em. I'm crap with pen and paper lol.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

I suck with software on the internet but I'm good when it comes to fan art on paper, my Facebook is littered with all my drawings

I did a Feisar fan art drawing a couple months ago and it came out really cool despite being a pain to draw.
    Attachment 8693

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Quote Originally Posted by terra-wrists View Post
    The Air-Licker Technologies Enterprising Research Network (A.L.T.E.R.N) have received an anonymous press release, aforetime of all datacasts in the world of AGCR. A team much feared for their secretive nature and history. Crinale. They seem to finally have made a statement with this new and exciting design, particularly in Zone Battle Class, where the ships strength shine above all. However, this is untested currently in the FX-400 and we're sure we will see a test run on Katmoda12 some time in the near future.

Without further ado, the Crinale FO-RG7 logo concept design:

Ooh, those are amazing, I love it!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Wink The Jennter AGR Type 1

I attached a drawing of Jennters first Racing Craft in simple retro look (I know that I'm not a Picasso).
    Like any other AGR ship it had no weapon system (was first introduced in 2048) and poor shielding.
    I also added the logo of the mother company Jennter Enterprises (may someone could let it look pretty :) )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jonny; 26th April 2014 at 03:44 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Why the hell is the image upside down. It's not that you took it upside down, it literally flips the image upside down, how very odd.

Anyway, I've been working on this for a while, so without further ado, I present a history on...

Angelus Research & Development

Establised:
    2185 (As Katana Advancements)
    2200 (As Angelus R&D)
    Previous Names: Katana Advancements (2185-2200)
    Key People: Brandon Smith (Director and Founder)
    Motto:
    "We Are Speed" (As Katana Advancements)
    "Faster than Angels" (As Angelus R&D)

Craft Type: Single hull
    Livery:
    White
    Azure Blue
    Key Pilots:
    Tarah Andrews (Lead Pilot)
    Gareth Ardos (2nd Pilot)

Angelus was first establised in 2185 by Brandon Smith as Katana Advancements, a local AG car manufacturer in Perth, Australia, with their first car, the Vixen, being released to the public later that same year. The sportiness of this speedy, lightweight craft caused it to be a huge success around the country, which prompted Brandon to release the Vixen to the overseas market in 2186, where it grew a fanbase.

2197: 11 years and many fans and AG sports cars later, the birth of professional AG racing began once again, with the FX300 Anti-Gravity Racing League. The Katana fanbase blew up, calling for Katana to enter the AG Racing League. Because of this, on June 9, 2199, Brandon gave a press statement:

"In recent light of the rebirth of professional AG Racing and the increased standards to AG crafts, we, Katana Advancements are going to be overhauling our entire company, this is also due to a secret project we're going to develop. We can't say much about it just yet, but it will take a very long time to complete. Stay tuned for more information."

No-one could get in touch with anyone from Katana for the rest of the year, until a news post appeared on their website:

<21991231-09:12>
    December 31st, 2199, 9:12am

'Hey Katana fans, Brandon here, sorry I left you in the dark for so long, I've just been too busy with the new project. It is a thing and we're not backing down from it. Also, be sure to check out our centennary party to bring in 2200!

'We are Speed'. All of us, and all of you. See you in 2200!'

Brandon Smith
    Director, Founder
    Katana Advancements

At 12am Perth time, on January 1st, 2200, the site changed. Instead of saying Katana Advancements, it now said: "Angelus Research & Development". A post accompanied the change.

<22000101-00:01>
    January 1st, 2200, 12:01am

'HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

As you can see, we've changed our name. We are no longer Katana. We are now Angelus R&D. This change is to accompany the project that we're developing, codenamed "Angelus". We hope to have it completed by about 2207. Anyway, enjoy the new year, we hope you stay with us, your support is the reason we are doing this project in the first place.'

We are Speed, We are 'Faster than Angels'

Brandon Smith
    Director, Founder
    Katana Advancements

Edit: Ugh, I really need to change that signature, whoops!

With the name change, every Katana product released now officially had an Angelus prefix to the name, for instance, the Katana Vixen was now the Angelus-Katana Vixen.

The Angelus project was completed on November 13, 2208, and was unveiled to the public on January 30th, 2209. Seven long years showed that they were, indeed, working on an AG racing craft. A press statement by Brandon revealed that "The main reason why it took so long was simple: Complications in the research, complications in the AG Race Commission guidelines, limitations in the technology, et cetera. The development of this was literally hell, but with it, an angel has finally made its presence. This, the Angelus KA-AGR1, the first in the Angelus Racing Project. This very machine will be entered in the FX400 League."
    Last edited by Ace3000; 9th May 2014 at 05:50 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Nice one

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Finally done it, the Wyvern Aeronautical Research logo "aka Wyvern AR". I've been so busy hence the delay in drawing it

EDIT- okay original link didn't work :/ try this one
    WIN_20140426_180930.JPG
    Last edited by Snakenator1; 26th April 2014 at 06:28 PM.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

for some reason snake, I am getting an error when I press that link. it doesn't work

Could you upload it to say, tinypic or another image host then link back here instead?

Great back stories here, loving the work so far guys

I'll get to work on digitising the Jennter logo in the week sometime hopefully

keep up the good work lads

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Fixed it new link up with picture

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

I made a logo of Katana Advancements, what Angelus was before the name change

KatanaSml.png

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Yesterday I've made twofar more prettier Jennter logos (both for the racing devision)
    I also drawed 3 crafts, also looking for more professional than my last craft

Logos:
    Jennter Racing Crafts (2038-2045)
    Jennter Anti-Gravity Racing Team (2053-present)

Crafts:
    AGR Indy (AGR 2040 Race 3; Indy 500 2040, 2041)
    Indy 1 (IndyCraft Series 2042)
    FX400 v.1.0 (FX400 2209)

I also think about changing the sub-company system, from a consortium to one company called "Jennter Enterprises" I this case I would need to change the whole backstory that I created. What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jonny; 29th April 2014 at 08:14 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

It is your team, so it's up to you, do what you want! I'm sure your backstory will be awesome nonetheless.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Having a start with my teams fan fic.

-Wyvern AR data cast 049-

Hello Wyvern fans!

Welcome to the new Wyvern AR data cast, we all know you've been anticipating our next instalment for the future of the FX350 league.

Firstly we would like to announce the new FX350 Wyvern craft is almost finished its trials and soon you, our fans will be able to see the new Wyvern racer!
    Our tests have shown the new model performs like a beast, displaying high top end output, acceleration and awesome handling. Although our researchers are still struggling with the weapons, they have made a breakthrough by developing new shielding technology which allows good shields without hampering the performance of the chassis.

Second means of business our performance in the new league shows promise to our future! We have gained a large number of sponsors and so now our financial support will one day mean the Wyvern AR AG festival will now happen! Come see the new FX350 racing craft and see first hand the fruits of our labour. The new XAF-72 Wyvern will be unveiled at the event!

Stay tuned to the next data cast for future instalments on our progress and learn more about the new craft, project trinity and more!

Wyvern AR, racing with dragons
    Last edited by Snakenator1; 9th May 2014 at 10:01 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Neat! That just motivated me to continue my fanfic, continuing after Crinale's creation and the year they entered the FX400...

<22090502>
    Tuesday, May 2nd, 2209

Sender: <brandon.smith@angelus-rd.com.au>
    To: <tarah.andrews@angelus-rd.com.au>; <gareth.ardos@angelus-rd.com.au>
    Subject: Race Briefing: 2209-05-02 - Crinale
    Attachments: CrinaleSpecs.pdf

Greetings racers

This briefing is short, since you've had one already regarding the racetrack. It has not changed, you will still be racing at Talon's Junction, and I know you have been training hard with the simulator, but there's one thing that is not in the simulator: A team that is out for blood, specifically, Crinale Technologies, Inc.

As you no doubt know, Crinale was unfortunately formed by several Angelus employees. As such, they have an extreme rivalry with us and are not afraid to eliminate us, in fact, this seems to be their number one goal, to prove that their combat-oriented racing style is superior to our speed and maneuverability-centric style. Your job is to disprove them, and our ship is great at that, as it is better than Crinale's in more ways than one (See Attached). You can outspeed, outaccelerate and outmaneuver them, this will make avoiding their attacks simple, if you know what you're doing, which I know you do.

However, beating them will be no easy feat, since they will be focusing primarily on us. I don't know who is calling the shots, but their leader will be the one who has decided on how forceful they will be to get their goals. I know I don't have to say this, but do not let them do so! If they do so, the consequenses might lead to another dark age in the history of AG Racing, like the F9000.

I know you can beat them, so let's get to it, We're Faster than Angels!

Brandon Smith
    Director, Founder
    Angelus R&D
    Last edited by Ace3000; 9th May 2014 at 05:49 AM.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Quote Originally Posted by Ace3000 View Post
    We're Faster than Angels!
    That's one of the best motto's I've ever heard!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Haha, thanks!

Also, I should clarify that the recipients for that email are Tarah Andrews, lead pilot, and Gareth Ardos, second pilot.

EDIT: Ooh, I have a great continuation of my fanfic, but I don't want to bump with a double post.
    Last edited by Ace3000; 5th May 2014 at 07:18 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rossriders_86

Some very interesting, and well nice background info for both teams, ditto for the fan art.

It may be obvious but I'm asking anyway...would Angelus and Crinale be both inspired by ...well obvious the Kamata Angelus and Rivelta/Soldat Crinale of Ridge Racer fame? (given they're both the angel and devil cars for much of the series).

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Quote Originally Posted by mannjon View Post
    SR-75 Blackbird, the ultimate green league team
    Hope you don't mind, I took the liberty of having a little play around with the name.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Quote Originally Posted by Rossriders View Post
    It may be obvious but I'm asking anyway...would Angelus and Crinale be both inspired by ...well obvious the Kamata Angelus and Rivelta/Soldat Crinale of Ridge Racer fame? (given they're both the angel and devil cars for much of the series).
    Yes, yes they are!