Thread: Imagine a new WipEout team....

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    niroxxe

Quote Originally Posted by Mu5 View Post
    Maybe one day we will get Little Big Wipeout lol

Track / Ship / Texture / Billboard design........that would rock

Perhaps more likely to happen would be for a new 'homebrew' wipeout to be developed by the gamers themselves?
    or better, a ModNation and WipEout crossover, in which you create your ships, your racers and your own racetracks! wouldn't that be so amazing?

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

That would be pretty awesome but wouldn't it take someone a little more time than just slapping on some cool looking trees and squeezing in some high ramps to create a real and official looking WipEout circuit? I think this would go more with the PSVita, since it would be way more convenient with the touch screen and all.

Anyway, I think a team from India, Italy, Brazil or New Zealand would be cool. A ship with a unique name, that would stand out more when compared with the other default teams. Maybe a ship called Xenade or something with the main color of black. I can't think of a good enough theme but I'm sure I can come up with something later.
    Last edited by AGSys; 10th October 2012 at 11:14 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Piranha (aka Pir-hana) is from Brazil. Similarly, Mirage is Arabian.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Oh lol, okay. Guess that only leaves NZ and India. I think if we had an Indian and an Arabian team it would be kind of like AG Systems and EG-X, ( or Japan and China).

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Quote Originally Posted by AGSys View Post
    Anyway, I think a team from India, Italy, Brazil or New Zealand would be cool. A ship with a unique name, that would stand out more when compared with the other default teams. Maybe a ship called Xenade or something with the main color of black. I can't think of a good enough theme but I'm sure I can come up with something later.
    Would Xeogenesis be a good name?

Actually, never mind, that's a pretty crappy name.
    Last edited by Ace3000; 29th November 2012 at 11:29 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Maybe for NZ - use a kiwi (bird not fruit) in the logo?

Quote Originally Posted by AG-SYSTEMS View Post
    The Sony guys might be running the whole deal if it comes true, but Virgin having a team is a good idea. Maybe Icarus is a subdivision?
    Could happen - From what I remember, Icaras traditionally have little money, whereas Virgin obviously have loads. Perhaps we could develop the idea? I don't know how good I am at writing fiction for the game, as I've never tried, so I might see if I can come up with something...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KronicReaper88

Oh GOD if Studio Liverpool was still open and some crazy anime fans want to make Itasha AG racing ships for Wipeout HD Fury as an add on DLC, I know one anime series might pop out more than the others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=eZgzjMSIGfE

id think bio fual lik harumau and mix thet with van uber and mix that with feisar

- - - Updated - - -

in reply to the three new team post you made

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Default If you could design you own ship, what would its stats be?

Ok this is a more fun and light-hearted thread. Me and mannemily (my protege and padowan for those who don't know ^_^) were having a discussion the other day about what we would want in a unique ship, with a super ability or super-weapon like they used to have in Fusion. A few examples we came up with:

Easy Roller ->
    100 speed, 85 thrust, 50 shields, 85 handling. This ship would not have any weapons capabilities (like the old Pirhana for those that played 2097). Instead, every time you ran over a speed pad, it would fill up a boost bar, and when the bar is full you get a turbo to use. For this ship, barrel rolls don't cost any energy, and you are immune to weapons fire if you are in the air. Perfect laps in this ship replenish 20 ship energy.

Decimator ->
    70 speed, 70 thrust, 100 shields, 70 handling. This ship's barrel rolls cost 33 ship energy. BUT each time you do any weapons damage, you get a slight speed boost (equivalent to landing a roll) and recover some shield strength equal to half the damage dealt to another ship. For each elimination, this ship gets full ship strength and a turbo.

Zoner Master ->
    NULL speed, NULL thrust, 100 shields, 100 handling. This ship would operate like a zone ship only in a single race. If the race was on venom for example, you start at venom speed, and gradually gain speed as you would with zone. Zoner Master ships have no weapon pickups. But each time you hit any pad, it fills up you boost gauge similar to a zone battle. So you can either boost, or absorb like in zone battle mode. If you boost, the Zoner Master does leave behind a barrier, which does similar damage to a bomb. If destroyed, you lose 5 zones, and start with 50% ship energy. Falling off the track results in a 1 zone penalty.

Post your ships here! ^_^

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

I've been thinking of my ship for a while, quite unique in my opinion

Wyvern

speed - 95
    Handling - 95
    thrust - 85
    Shield - 85

A bit of history behind it, this ship comes from my unique team Wyvern Research. The craft itself is unique as its actually a F-14D super tomcat salvaged from a aircraft graveyard but has been heavily modified to meet the roles of a AG racer. The teams director owns a antique aircraft collection and decided to enter his tomcat into the team. The aerodynamic design provides a craft with high agility with minimal air resistance which improves the speed. And by teaming up with Harimau, the biofuel provides a significant power increase as well as thrust without compromising other aspects of the craft.

The craft also takes advantage of its own unique Hyper thrust system. Instead of barrel rolls, This craft can instantly convert 15 shield energy into a speed boost at any time.

The director wants to bring back the former glory of military jet fighters so this is why he chose to modify his F-14D. However to counter the awesome stats this ship has very weak weapon technology for there isn't enough space for modern weapon systems. So it will struggle to kill in eliminator events, Triakis is therefore the teams major rival.
    Last edited by Snakenator1; 18th April 2014 at 04:04 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Red face Jennter AG F3600_v1.0

The AG F3600_v1.0 was a prototype craft created by my fictional sub-company Jennter AG Racing. Originally it was planned to start in the 2052 season, but Jennter had to take a break .

This ship has no special abilities, to fit in the league regelment.

Stats:
    Speed: 5/6
    Trust: 3/6
    Weight: 3/6
    Handling: 2/6

It has outside placed engine-turbines, like the FEISAR and due to an an accident of a test pilot it's the only craft of this era with a rollcage.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

ANGELUS RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT

KA-AGR1
    (aka The Angelus Project)

Speed
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ 100

Thrust
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░ 080

Handling
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░ 090

Shield
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░ 075

Australia
    Engine:
    Angelus KA-AGR:X 3K14
    Brakes:
    Angelus HyperForce XIII
    Weapon:
    Angelus Peacemaker Special
    Shield:
    Triakis S-22 Armor (Modified by Angelus)
    Special:
    Angelus 32X Boost Module
    Angelus LazerMG.Deluxe <Laser Cannon>

Developed in a secret lab in Australia, the Angelus Project is designed to be as light and nimble as possible, opting to challenge their opponents through pure speed and handling, as opposed to using violent means. Many pilots can use it and come in a decent place, but it takes true skill to make the best of it's power and handling. The advanced boost module allows for a higher speed output and amount of time the boost is in effect when a successful barrel roll is performed, however it costs 30% Energy.

To save weight, the Angelus cannot use most weapons, a choice encouraged by the manufacturer's main ideals of using speed and handling as opposed to violence. However, that does not mean the craft is completely defenseless. It's main form of offense is an AG Race Commission-approved laser weapon that works similar to the Cannon, however, it is slightly more powerful and contains 50 rounds, rather than the cannon's 30. The weapons system does contain a secret, however. By using a weight saving exploit in the system itself, the weapons system is strong enough to use the Plasma, though it's less likely to be picked up, most of the time the craft will pick up it's Laser Cannon instead.

For it's defense, the Angelus is just as restricted as it's offensive capabilities. Because the device is too heavy, and as such would compromise the weight and handling, the Angelus cannot use the Bomb, however it can use the Mines. The other only defense weapons it can use are the Turbo and the Shield. Additionally, Team Angelus obtained shielding technology from fellow Australian team Triakis, and as such the Angelus has a moderately strong shielding system that weighs as little as possible.

The Angelus' body is sleek and extremely aerodynamic, it has one of the smallest heights from base to peak, yet it can seat its pilot in considerable comfort. Even at night, the Angelus is an extremely beautiful craft, sporting azure neon lights around the craft. Upon unveiling the craft to the public, critics have claimed that the body of the Angelus is one of the best in the world, and combined with its equipment, could be considerable competition to even the veterans of the AG League, such as FEISAR and AG Systems.

Following the unveiling of Crinale Technologies, Inc. and their ideals of domination via violent means, Team Angelus were contacted by Icelandic team Wyvern Aeronautical Research, who were calling for a trading deal between the two teams against Crinale. Angelus promptly accepted the alliance and the two teams, along with any other team who follow the Belmondo ideal are working to bring Team Crinale down.
    Last edited by Ace3000; 27th April 2014 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Additional Information

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Default Wyvern Research: Project Trinity

I just thought of a new one the folks at my Team of Wyvern Research have created what they call the "Space Age Fighter" in their new project, codename : TRINITY

XAF-72 Wyvern

Speed - 150%
    Handling - 95%
    Thrust - 90%
    Shield - 90%
    Fire power - 20%

Once again my teams Director has modified another F-14D but its changed so much that it only bares slight resemblance to a Tomcat. In the hopes of developing a aircraft capable of supersonic space flight, the XAF 72 has been heavily modified to suit its role as a air superiority fighter in space combat. In order to test the capabilities of the new prototype, the director entered the craft into the new league of AG Racing.

By secretly trading with Harimau, Piranha, Goteki 45, Feisar and Triakis. Wyvern research combined all the technologies together to create a monstrous craft that can be compared to Piranhas F5000 craft, albeit not as perfected in all areas. But combining Harimaus biofuel with piranhas engines with the aerodynamic design. The output is so great that it exceeds all limitations of the engine block. And with the technology acquired from the other teams, the craft excels in all other areas.

However due to design limitations of the F-14D Tomcat chassis, this monstrous speed can only be gained by using the sweep wing capabilities of the craft. With the wings swept outwards, the speed output can only reach 100%. But sweeping the wings inwards allows for a more aerodynamic design increasing to the 150% output. In this "speed mode" the Wyvern will out run all other craft in the league. Nothing can keep up with it, not even Icaras or Piranha!

HOWEVER! there is a design flaw, the rear ailerons serve as the airbrakes of the craft. Once the wings sweep in, the ailerons cannot move. This means once in "speed mode" the craft is not capable of tight turns and therefore to handle sharp corners at the high speed, the wings will have to be swept out to drop the speed and activate the airbrakes so the Wyvern can turn sharp again. Also like its predecessor the weapon technology on this craft is very poor so will not be scoring Eliminations anytime soon.

If the craft proves its capabilities in the new league however, then space age combat will be born.
    Last edited by Snakenator1; 20th April 2014 at 08:13 PM.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

there's a thread like this one already in existence, and it went viral some years ago when members here were doing what you guys are.

maybe the mods can merge these two thread together hopefully?

Anyway, here's the thread: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...w-WipEout-team

Some of those entries were really good, and some members were 3D modelling the ships peeps here were imagining. Pretty cool thread.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

We should also start a threat about teams (like my Jennter, or Snakes Wyvern team).
    It would be against a wipers nature if there isn't already a threat like this.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Totally agree Jonny, a proper thread to describe the background history to are teams
    Just make sure there are no similar threads before making a new one, But I have my teams entire history thought out here

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

truth be told, it'll probably only get merged with this thread.

I wonder if you are aware of this group: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=36

This is where it was at back in the day... revive it. I'll jump in where I can

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

We need a group for this: "Anti-Gravity Racing Team owners/presidents/supreme soviets/whatevers...

Or we use Wikia:"WipEout Fanfiction Central" would nail it (This idea was just influenced by the wikia-wiki "The Sims Faniction")

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

I really dont think anyone outside of this community gives a damn to be honest keep it local, by that i mean - use the resousrces already provided above. it's simple, and keeps the tradition going.