ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Hahaha that was a good one.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

South or North Korea? Define more exactly please Or it will be united in the future?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO View Post
    You know i was thinking, you know what country still doesnt have a team yet in the Wipeout Universe;
    The French
    They get FEISAR every nine years or so. And they've adopted AG Systems as a home team in HD, if the number of French pilots using AG-S online is any indication.

My idea for a team is a small, small, SMALL Indian outfit known as "Siva Engineering". They have about 20 full-time employees and they run on a shoestring budget with just enough sponsorship to get them on the track regularly. But their ship designs are some of the most radical in the league - including an "X-Wing" machine with handling that rivals that of FEISAR's. I haven't put much thought into the stats though. They're kind of like all those F1 teams that popped up in the late 80s and early 90s that lasted for about 2 years but only managed to qualify for one race.

And all of which had chassis's built by March?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    GalaticTitan

Actualy a United Korea, they would unite after the start of the first tornament (the 1st wipeout.) . They would build the weapons for the entire series since then until Kim Jong XII, the Director and presedent of Titan Corp made a huge anouncement durning the FX400 league.

"In the past, when the racing league didd`nt exist were 2 countries that hated each other brutaly, mainly because of our kinds of governments and beliefs. Thanks to our past leaders, this is one whole country, hoping to show our oppertunties by making the weapons introduced to the F3200 league, peacefull but deadly weapons, intruducing weapons like the Thunder Bomb, the Quake, and our most importantly, the Repulsur. These were unique weapons, but it was`nt enough for us. We wanted to be in the action ourselfs, but with all the stuff we were doing was not quite enough. But, we made a contract and alliances with our nearby allies AG-Systems, and Triakis. Thanks to these 2 great teams, we are proud to say that we will introduce our own kinds of craft in the FX 450 League. We will show that not only we can make unique weapons, but also a champion. EG-X and Harimau might have inteminated us in the past because of our idea of partisiparing, but when they find out in the next League, they will surly find out what they have unleashed.

Titan, A strong word equals strong respect.

(anything else? XD)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Here's my idea of a new team;

Harfang Technologies
    - Country of origin: Canada
    - Research and developement facilities: Québec City
    - Catchword/Tag: "Ravenous"
    - Emblem: Snowy Owl

Specs:
    - Top Speed: 7/10
    - Thrust: 9/10
    - Handling: 8/10
    - Shields: 8/10

Closest competitors being Goteki 45, Mirage, Feisar and AG-Systems.

Brief history:
    - Former members of the Canadian team associated to Auricom project went back to Canada after seeing their contribution terminated by the American research team, shortly after Auricom revealed the brand new, top-secret AG craft. Once they got back home, they developed a new craft based on swiftness and durability, the last feature being taken in consideration regarding testing the craft during harsh Québec winters. Harfang Technologies leading scientists, engineers and investors believe control and handling could lead to true "speed" on the racetrack. Having this in mind, they sacrificed brute top speed for respectable thrust power and durability. The hull is in fact made of space-craft materials able to withstand enormous G force encountered when taking off and entering Earth atmosphere, thanks to precise molecular alignment in the alloys themselves. This gives a lighter craft as well as being durable.

Harfang Technologies is proud of its new-born predator and confident it will accomplish considerable achievements during the oncoming FX-350 series.

Ship final design is for now being held secret. At least its possible to take a glimpse at Harfang Technologies logo and tag.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kyonshi, very nice work!
    I absolutely like the two logos that you have created (the use of the colors is perfect) !

But now I want to know how the ship is ....

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Hehe thanks. I also would like to see the ship! But unfortunately, i dont have a 3D design program and even if i had one, i dont think i'd be very good at it I could give it a try drawing it by hand, but again, i'm not the best in technical drawing or industrial design. I might try someday because i can see it perfectly in my head, at least!

Sounds interesting

If you can draw this ship as orthographic views (top, front, left etc).. like blueprints, I will attempt to build it for you in 3D

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Quote Originally Posted by Mu5 View Post
    Sounds interesting

If you can draw this ship as orthographic views (top, front, left etc).. like blueprints, I will attempt to build it for you in 3D
    Thanks! I might consider this, sounds interesting as well!

Thats what i had in mind. With those 3 points of view that would be "easier" for me hehe. I dunno how much time it could take me though...

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

AutoCAD software is the quickest way to do that.

@Kynoshi : It doesnt have to be 'exact' views (only if you want an exact model). If you do a rough isometric sketch of it, and/or perhaps a side-view I will be able to produce a basic model.

I created a ship from a drawing before and it turned out pretty cool.
    Here is the drawing and here is the resulting ship I built

I know its not 100% - I am going to re-work it at some point

some good lulz here from jasmin-jade and djkyoto, hehe

haven't got any lolteams in mind, just some suggestions based on very limited racing knowledge, observations on world manufacturing and economic power and racing traditions, and ideas i've largely gleaned from others here, like a ninja

- we need an italian team IMO - they are always in the racing mix IRL from what i know. sure, we have FEISAR, but we have an EU now and each member state is still its own nation, despite that political entity; many states in the US have a well developed sense of independant identity too from what i know, and many countries are racked by conflict based on cultures/religions/tribes/groups who want autonomy; anyway, despite the european alliance/union that FEISAR represents and is run by, that didn't stop xios - although they've merged with the shady chinese EG-R now - or burnston's icaras, or ze jurmans of van uber. a breakaway tycoon of the berlusconi or pirelli mould could form a team to rival piranha and icaras for speed and aerodynamic quality, to revive the glory of italian racing and motor refinement in the AG league.
    - an indian team should be on the cards too. where they are interested in our modern world, sport is massive business - cricket for example - and with the number of people there and projections for them as a future power, as well as the traditional imagery, labels etc. that could be used to give them an identity, they could fit right in. besides, asia is a rich source of teams in wipeout - we already have the japanese AG-systems, malaysian eco-warriors harimau, as well as piranha and EG-R - now merged with xios - who both started out in china, and now mirage from the UAE; it seems obvious that at some point india should enter a team themselves.
    - perhaps a lunar or a martian team, or one of each? wipeout has that firestar martian track and apparently fusion has lunar tracks, so why not human colonies there, and why not technology developed on those colonies by those who've made their homes there, based more on thrusters then airbrakes etc. something new and different, slightly alien to what we already have, to shake things up a little
    - a zone ship; piranha did the maxed out thing awesomely in 2097 and the zone ship in pure was fun and useful for time trials but as a racing competitor... i'm not sure, it doesn't have much personality, perhaps as a reward for beating most or all of the games obvious, main challenges, an AG league built supercraft maxed in all departments but shield, or in all but unable to use weapons, normally only used for zone mode, given to the best pilots to tear up the tracks? and would some teams try to pilfer information, specs, equipment etc. for their own teams in acts of thieving subterfuge?

other possible ideas

- france? perhaps, i'm thinking of something elegant and focused like ag-systems on wip3out, or perhaps something as agile and flitting as assegai also of 3. not sure if that would work since those teams have those identities already, but it's an idea. they could shoot bagels at you. or not. i love france by the way, i've been to paris and lourdes. i adore the country
    - greece? again, the mythology could really assert it as a team with an identity. it could be called titan, perhaps? based on ideas of hercules, the grand gods of the ancient greek tradition and the brutish, efficient, defensive, behemoth football team that won euro 2004, it would be... a lot like triakis, which i originally thought was greek - name - so perhaps there wouldn't be too much point.
    - a korean team beset by infighting from old factions of north and south? topical, interesting plotwise, and the ship skins could be distinctive, but doubtful that it could bring anything substantial to the playing front, i don't know
    - a team based in the antarctic or arctic, with development stations in space, based on making the most of limited energy, using freezing weapons and particle technology in reverance to the stillness of cold, cool customers etc. the idea seemed fun in my head but it sounds pretty stupid now i write it down

i don't think they need to add too many new teams though, we have a good spread already, we could do with a little more identity for the current teams, as well as assegai assuming insanely responsive handling - top, as much as possible - once again, qirex getting really fast and hard to handle and heavy once again etc. and other factors such as ship weights, aerodynamic designs making a slight difference - not sure if they do already on HD - and perhaps a personalised weapon or something for each team

and no more mergers please, if possible, xios and EG-R is a pretty good one but i wouldn't like to see anymore, all the teams have too much identity, it would suck if they started linking up, IMO

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    jan709

wipout really needs a bright orange dutch team

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Quote Originally Posted by Mu5 View Post
    @Kynoshi : It doesnt have to be 'exact' views (only if you want an exact model). If you do a rough isometric sketch of it, and/or perhaps a side-view I will be able to produce a basic model.

I created a ship from a drawing before and it turned out pretty cool.
    Here is the drawing and here is the resulting ship I built

I know its not 100% - I am going to re-work it at some point
    MY GOD dude you're an awesome artist! This Cobra Triakis ship KICKS ASS! I wish i could learn to do that... Kigo mentioned AutoCad, true, but i dont have a clue how to work it out

Yeah i could do at least a side-view, maybe also top view, you could start on that. Then you show me and we make additional adjustments. Who knows, maybe SL could show some interest

We keep in touch about this

Thanks mate

Im looking forward to seeing your ship design

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Haywire_Guy

Default New Wipeout Teams (Asia)

Hi all this is my first ever post here, i only ever got into to Wipeout after playing the PC version of Wipeout 2097, and loved it ever since =P.

Anyway i would like to introduce 2 new teams into the Arena:
    __________________________________________________ __________

Kaishi Systems (Pronounced Kyshir - Rhymes with Kaiser)
    - Country of origin: Administrative Republic of China (ARC)
    - Research and developement facilities: Hai-Nan
    - Emblem: Cyclic Star

KAISHI (Start, In Mandarin)

Craft Specs: Twin turbo engine. Primary colors Red, Gold and Black.

Max speed: 7/10
    Accelleration: 7/10
    Handling: 8/10
    Shield: 7/10

Brief History:

After the fall of the Communist ruling in 2370, in the short space of 4 decades we have risen from the ashes to support our own racing league, free from State ownership and substandard Vehicle parts. The breakaway from our partnership with Finland during this period was regretable, but our strong partnership has allowed our team to access past craft files and blueprints. Our scientists based in Beijing and Hainan have developed this craft with one statement in mind: Weapons Efiiciency. After years of research we have found the answer:

The ZaBen* engine 3. While this engine will cut down on craft performance in all aspects, the extra fuel will be used to overpower any weapon shift picked up. This means that any weapon obtained (offensive or non-offensive) will be 150% the damage of its usual counterpart. This also means that shields, boosts autopilot will last 50% longer as well. Lockon times will also be decreased, and previous manual firing weapons (Plasma, Machine gun) will also exclusively support lockon with our intergrated chip.

This leaves the scope of human error lessened and while we may not be the fastest, strongest, nimblest team around, we can always creep form behind taking teams out one by one.

Our team slogan: "Create to Destroy"

(Craft blueprints and emblem for public release shortly)

*ZA BEN: Book of Demons
    __________________________________________________ __________

Gyomang Advancements (Pronounced Gi-yo-m-uh-ng)

- Country of origin: Federation of Korea (FOK)
    - Research and developement facilities: Kaesong
    - Emblem: Yin-Yang Forza

Craft Specs: Single Hulled Craft. Primary colours: Red, Blue, Black

Max speed: 8/10
    Accelleration: 8/10
    Handling: 8/10
    Shield: 7/10

Brief History:

With the fall of Communism in 2370 The North Korean Puppet regime was destroyed and Korea was once again re-united. The proved to be a highly beneficial economic result for both sides, as the combination of South Korea's intuition and Industrial plants with North Koreas vast pool of untouched resources and cheap workforce drove Korea into a golden age for the past few decades in terms of out financial assets.

Alongside talks with China and Japan upon their views of being in the FX Racing league for a large period finalised our decisions of our entry. Which brings us to today.

Utilising a modified version of AG Systems Ryagaku Engine we have developed a well balanced, jack of all trades type craft. Our scientists in Pyongyang and Kaesong decided not to try anything too extreme being our first entry into the global sport. Being very similar to the Arabians Mirage crafts we would like to point out that although statistically the specifications may seem the same (save shielding), our craft does have the slight edge with Fuel management inspired by the Chinese and as a result out weapons are 110% stronger than normal.

Our Team slogan: "United we are Supreme"

(Craft blueprints and emblem for public release shortly)
    Last edited by Haywire_Guy; 2nd August 2009 at 02:15 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    GalaticTitan

Quote Originally Posted by willsgb13 View Post
    some good lulz here from jasmin-jade and djkyoto, hehe

haven't got any lolteams in mind, just some suggestions based on very limited racing knowledge, observations on world manufacturing and economic power and racing traditions, and ideas i've largely gleaned from others here, like a ninja

- we need an italian team IMO - they are always in the racing mix IRL from what i know. sure, we have FEISAR, but we have an EU now and each member state is still its own nation, despite that political entity; many states in the US have a well developed sense of independant identity too from what i know, and many countries are racked by conflict based on cultures/religions/tribes/groups who want autonomy; anyway, despite the european alliance/union that FEISAR represents and is run by, that didn't stop xios - although they've merged with the shady chinese EG-R now - or burnston's icaras, or ze jurmans of van uber. a breakaway tycoon of the berlusconi or pirelli mould could form a team to rival piranha and icaras for speed and aerodynamic quality, to revive the glory of italian racing and motor refinement in the AG league.
    - an indian team should be on the cards too. where they are interested in our modern world, sport is massive business - cricket for example - and with the number of people there and projections for them as a future power, as well as the traditional imagery, labels etc. that could be used to give them an identity, they could fit right in. besides, asia is a rich source of teams in wipeout - we already have the japanese AG-systems, malaysian eco-warriors harimau, as well as piranha and EG-R - now merged with xios - who both started out in china, and now mirage from the UAE; it seems obvious that at some point india should enter a team themselves.
    - perhaps a lunar or a martian team, or one of each? wipeout has that firestar martian track and apparently fusion has lunar tracks, so why not human colonies there, and why not technology developed on those colonies by those who've made their homes there, based more on thrusters then airbrakes etc. something new and different, slightly alien to what we already have, to shake things up a little
    - a zone ship; piranha did the maxed out thing awesomely in 2097 and the zone ship in pure was fun and useful for time trials but as a racing competitor... i'm not sure, it doesn't have much personality, perhaps as a reward for beating most or all of the games obvious, main challenges, an AG league built supercraft maxed in all departments but shield, or in all but unable to use weapons, normally only used for zone mode, given to the best pilots to tear up the tracks? and would some teams try to pilfer information, specs, equipment etc. for their own teams in acts of thieving subterfuge?

other possible ideas

- france? perhaps, i'm thinking of something elegant and focused like ag-systems on wip3out, or perhaps something as agile and flitting as assegai also of 3. not sure if that would work since those teams have those identities already, but it's an idea. they could shoot bagels at you. or not. i love france by the way, i've been to paris and lourdes. i adore the country
    - greece? again, the mythology could really assert it as a team with an identity. it could be called titan, perhaps? based on ideas of hercules, the grand gods of the ancient greek tradition and the brutish, efficient, defensive, behemoth football team that won euro 2004, it would be... a lot like triakis, which i originally thought was greek - name - so perhaps there wouldn't be too much point.
    - a korean team beset by infighting from old factions of north and south? topical, interesting plotwise, and the ship skins could be distinctive, but doubtful that it could bring anything substantial to the playing front, i don't know
    - a team based in the antarctic or arctic, with development stations in space, based on making the most of limited energy, using freezing weapons and particle technology in reverance to the stillness of cold, cool customers etc. the idea seemed fun in my head but it sounds pretty stupid now i write it down

i don't think they need to add too many new teams though, we have a good spread already, we could do with a little more identity for the current teams, as well as assegai assuming insanely responsive handling - top, as much as possible - once again, qirex getting really fast and hard to handle and heavy once again etc. and other factors such as ship weights, aerodynamic designs making a slight difference - not sure if they do already on HD - and perhaps a personalised weapon or something for each team

and no more mergers please, if possible, xios and EG-R is a pretty good one but i wouldn't like to see anymore, all the teams have too much identity, it would suck if they started linking up, IMO
    I already did made a Korean team >>.

well galacticspartan, a good idea is a good idea. and i did say i largely gleaned ideas from others here, and i did it like a ninja, see, if you read my post again, you'll see i even said so. but you missed that part, because i'm crafty, like a ninja.

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

@ Haywire_Guy,

Team Kaishi Systems needs to happen! awesome!
    Last edited by ACE-FLO; 24th July 2009 at 11:50 PM.