Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wipeout pulse vs wipeout hd

Default wipeout pulse vs wipeout hd

wipeout pulse is much harder game to beat in campaign.
    I am doing perfect laps on speed trails and still getting bronze cos i missed a few pads or dindnt cut it close enough to the corner. On hd you just need to finish the course to get gold it's that easy.

Oh btw wipeout pulse is cool
    Last edited by Aeroracer; 11th July 2009 at 12:11 AM. Reason: havn't finished gasing

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Cool gotta love a justified bias

Well, the general view around here is that Pulse is faster than HD, when comparing the Phantom speed class across both platforms. Also, Pulse has 12 tracks white/forward and 12 tracks black/reverse/alternate... I know HD has 8 tracks and a further 8 reversed.

So imo, Pulse would be harder to master, but would feel sweeter, nailing a perfect lap on phantom.

This is a pretty half arsed opinion as I don't have HD yet! but it's what I tell myself to make myself feel better coz I don't have HD...

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Jasmin!, The difference between Pulse and HD, I will be brutal honest to you, HD is actually alot harder than Pulse by far BUT!, put Pulse and HD together, then Pure are far superier than the rest, if, you had played Pure?

Few guys would agreed with me! or maybe not!, but I do actually prefer to play Pure than the rest!

IMO!

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

I agree too, HD is harder... if... you can deal with the tiny screen and the poor psp paddle
    Last edited by leungbok; 11th July 2009 at 07:31 AM.

PSN ID
    JamboGT

I feel HD is harder, AI is so aggressive on elite.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

These games are made for different platforms. PS3 has the most powerful processor so developers had a good possibilities to realise AI behaviour they want. I think play with AI is much harder in HD (I didn't play HD yet so cannot say anything about it) One thing I can say AI in Pulse is very dull

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Yeah, the AI on Pulse is slightly retarded. Even on Phantom lol. true, true, that's why I only play online lol...

It took me longer to finish Pulse....whereas i seemed to breeze through most of HD, though if you crank up the AI difficulty, it is, as others have said, absolutely mental on HD. But, i have more experience with Pulse, as i myself do not yet own HD, so i can't say for definite. Just how it appeared after a couple of play through's on each.

And Pure is still amazing...i find it difficult to rank the games in any kind of preffered order, but Pure is up there.

PSN ID
    Amorbis

Pulse can be a difficult game at times, but then so can HD. I agree that Pulse feels a but faster than HD and the handling makes perfect laps/super fast laps less frequent. HD's physics I think allow for more precise piloting which is just as difficult to perfect as in Pulse. The AI in Pulse is 'dumber' usually, at least it is in eliminator. They're useless at eliminator, even on elite. No number of repulsors and quakes can save them .

I'm not really sure what I said there, it makes some sense to me though . I suppose what I'm trying to say is that it's almost unfair to compare them really as they're different games on different platforms.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    GalaticTitan

The real diffrence would be the graphics, and I`m thinking on buying it since my bro got PS3 now. and I r back.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I think Pulse is easier. I got through the campaign mode on Pulse very easily, whereas HD took me a few goes for certain events. Having said that, when I started at HD I was virtually a complete WipEout noob, whereas Pulse, which I picked up later, I had some experience of WipEout to help me along.

I agree Pulse feels faster though, and that Pure it hard as nails. A really difficult game that one.

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Talking

See? told you my opinion was pretty half arsed, not that anyone requested it though! lol

Need to get PS3 heh heh!

Quote Originally Posted by stin View Post
    put Pulse and HD together, then Pure are far superier than the rest, if, you had played Pure?
    Agreed mate. Well, if Pure was played on a full size TV screen with a proper controller at least then I would rate it the best, in a million ways that I could bore everyone with by explaining them.

But that is kind of off topic. I find Pulse harder than HD, but I think this is mainly because of the small screen and that Pulse doesn`t tickle my adrenalin glands much, so I`ve never been very motivated to play it.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

I find HD way harder than Pulse, but that may just be lack of practice, combined with my obsession with Pulse.
    I can see why somebody might find them the other way round though - today, i played Pure for a while, and got quite into it, then when I switched to Pulse, it was impossible! It is indeed nothing like any other Wipeout game, but taken on it's own terms, it's my favourite.
    HD is actually the hardest for me personally.

btw - yes, Lunar, Pure is great on a bigger screen! I played it on my laptop monitor a few times, and it looks and plays really nice blown up like that.

A.I on HD is rubbish. The race just feels like and plays like a time trail. Do the race in a good time to win.Dont worry about the other racers, they dont do anything a real racer would, as they get weapons without using pads and get priority on collisions and get speed boosts whenever.Corner the same speed as they go down a straight in.

HD is the best wipeout game as its big screen, fast and good graphics.Pulse and pure only lose out cos they are PSP, if they were PS3 they would be as good, especially pulse with custom ships option.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

I have just began WipeoutHD Campaign on Hard Mode without AP. It is enougn easy to play because half of all presented tracks I know from Pulse. At 1st Zone track Ive got Zen speed. Only hard thing is to learn new tracks and adaptate to new ship behaviour

PS
    I want to take my words back It is not so easy for newbies further

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Personally I find WOHD much harder than Pulse mainly because of the "elite skill" A.I. and the trophies. Admittedly the latter aren't in Pulse but they add a whole new level of challenge.

I am in the minority here but in general, I do better with the handheld Wipeout games. I think it is a combination of the portability (which allow me to play the games much more frequently) and my poor distance vision (I can see and "feel" the gameplay much better on a screen that is only a few inches from my face). Part of the reason that WOHD is more challenging to me is that I don't practice nearly as much-- and when I do play, I tend to get a headache

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    arch595esc

About the headache...I got it too, so it sucks. I can't play older wipeouts .

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Our Admin, Rob, got it spot on when he said that HD tracks were an assault on the senses. I, for one, agree. Too much colour on some tracks.

Like you, Frances, I too am short sighted - migraines are common when I play on a larger screen (fusion lol) so I also prefer the PSP!

EDIT: I do sometimes get migraines when I play Pulse for too long (like a couple hours) and I have to switch it off - and deal with the migraine by being in a dark room and trying to sleep it off! That is a suck but I hate taking ibuprofen whenever I get migraines... also, having stigmatism in my right eye doesnt help either, especailly when I'm experiencing frames drop in online play! Tracks like 07 are just too much for me, after the second lap, my brain gets real hot and melts my bad eye
    Last edited by ACE-FLO; 12th September 2009 at 10:36 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Heh, it seems I'm not the only one

Sometimes I wonder if the division between handheld and home consoles relates to eyesight, with near-sighted folks favoring the handhelds.

It's completely ridiculous but I think I would enjoy WOHD much more if it had some sort of option for displaying on an attached PSP, kinda like Lair did.