Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An elite that is WipEout...

PSN ID
    chboing

huhu love TheFrostE comments

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

If theres one thing that winds me up more than the ramming and lag its people who just sit on weapon pads trying to shoot you as they know they can't catch you properly.

PSN ID
    Hemicrania

Every community has elite's. For example, you do not want to **** with me in AvP2.

But I agree that most people don't understand the joy of a good wipeout race. I bought Burnout paradise the same day I downloaded Wipeout HD, but there's just something about wheels on asphalt...not that its a bad game.

Wipeout also triggers the imagination, the less you know about this universe the more you can fantasize about this future world. But thats another story.

Maybe Fury will trigger a shitload of new downloads/players. Would be nice. Only problem is, the wipeout elite have been playing these games for years and years. So its gonna take some serious skill defeating these guys. But you never know, maybe there's a Rafael Nadal out there who, by playing ONLY HD, can beat a Lance for example. I think its possible with Wipeout that there are some players who have a natural talent for the game, unlike other games wich are too much focussed on the casual game market.

PSN ID
    bik3rluke

Quote Originally Posted by TheFrostE View Post
    not to rain on the happy elite parade but if i'm not mistaken luke yesterday you were sitting backwards shooting at me and others in a few different races....i don't think your on the right path to getting good if that's how you spend time with wipeout.
    Not sure where you got that from, but no, I wasn't. I have done in the past just to see what would happen but I certainly didn't do it yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox073 View Post
    If theres one thing that winds me up more than the ramming and lag its people who just sit on weapon pads trying to shoot you as they know they can't catch you properly.
    Wow thats pathetic. They should patch the game so any racer whose craft dosnt move for 20 seconds gets booted off.

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

bottom line, wipeout is NOT a sissy game, it's a highly competitive format, even in single player/offline... If you aint got the beans then you'll just give up.

I'm sure there are gamers out there who are bored with the current trend of games out there - too repetitive, been there, done that, oh look its CoD4, no wait, 5, oh look, Rainbow Six, no seven... lol...

If these gamers are looking for a real challenge, this is where they need to be, playing a wipeout...

With wipeout, the franchise really is evolving, the games are hard, they're pretty unforgiving, and the format is playable and addictive at the same time... as well as truly challenging!

With the advent of HD, it took the format to a whole new level, and now, with Fury... well, to prove a point, the amopunt of work gone into this latest installation to the franchise just makes us all think "WOW, they did it again, and they doing it better"

Each time a new wipeout comes out, the challenge of unlocking everything quickly takes me to another level of consciousness... I need to unlock as quickly as I can so I will miss meals, appointments, even sleep sometimes.

I only play pulse at the moment, y'all probably know that anyway... But with Fury on the brink of release, I need to get me a PS3, just for this game!!! Carnage FTW.

I know I'm gonna suck online for a while, but once I find my lines, I won't suck as bad!!! It's time I left the PSP anyway, the small screen just aggravates me!!!

EDIT: not leaving pulse, not yet... not when I'm getting messages from female members telling me they got Pulse, this I gotta see... A female pilot out for a kill - ****ing awesome!!!! - Go Jasmine-Jade... Pulse rocks!!!
    Last edited by ACE-FLO; 10th July 2009 at 10:31 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

Great words bik3rluke! People are often asking me what video game I play... I answer Wipeout and they don't know what is it! They are playing different GTA's, COD's, WoW's and other popular games and cannot understand "how can I play this sht like wipeout" This game has very tight community (maybe like F1 or less) and that is great! I am happy developers are still working on this project! It has a great future

♥ wipEout!

I really want to buy PS3 Wipeout Fury Limited Edition

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

WipEout games always had a steep learning curve that demands dedication and determination to fully enjoy what's its all about. Not a lot of games allow this feature nowadays...

People who don't invest in practicing and improving reaction time and reflexes will never grab the awesomeness of its gameplay. And for me, that's a good thing. I find it so ridiculous that cry-babies beg to have SL tone down the difficulty... Pilot-Assist is already there for those narrow-minded people to have the possibility to foresee how good the game is when they give it a chance. If you're still not happy about that, then good ridance! WipEout games always sustained such hardcore challenge and everybody who adapted and practiced can acknowledge without hesitation that its where the real fun is.

Its hard so you can be BETTER. So you have a chance to become an elite. All ships are balanced, tracks mostly well designed (perhaps not the blind turn on top of the vertical maglock portion on Metropia Reverse). I even surprised myself that i've been able to compete with the "sluggish" Auricom! I never gave up, that's where i am now and WipEout is my drug.

Please send money now for my therapy.

Fury therapy?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

I'll agree it's competitive, but I admire the people that don't give up over the ones that win. Or I should say I'm looking forward to seeing more of them, and how they progress, over the ones that are already almost perfect. Because when get completely stomped on by every weapon all in the same lap or fall off multiple times or blow up multiple times, it takes a lot of guts (pretty word, I'll just a more realistic one: tolerance) to keep at it.

If you're having a bad streak and you just leave a race or tournament, I just don't like that. That's like saying you only play this game when you're winning. : (