Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An elite that is WipEout...

"Guts" is a good word. Also: Persistence. Determination. Courage [like not having to leave because one don't want to appear less than perfect and victorious to anybody, maybe especially to oneself.].

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

I love that Wipeout has a community like this one. I have raced many awesome people online from here, and although some of them are the best of the best, they are kind enough to keep pushing you to do better at the game.

And, no matter how hard some races can be, there really is no greater experience than racing against some of the best pilots in the world. Even if you lose you feel elated that you gave it your best shot, and you strive to do better the next time you meet up with them.

I have fond memories of WOHD, and with Fury coming out soon-ish, I'm sure to have many, many more.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

@bik3rluke: Yeah, I agree. Most people don't understand the depth of
    WipEout HD because they simply consider it as a toy racer having a
    futuristic look. I think HD lacks a personal touch. There is currently no
    user-profile and virtually no way to identify youself with a given team. I
    think a garage and / or a 'pit lane', where you can somehow analyze your
    craft and stuff, would be very welcome. And what about 3d characters
    for creating a certain (possible romantic) atmosphere? What about a
    Home space?

Quote Originally Posted by bik3rluke View Post
    ... I seem to have hit a stage where I simply can't get any better,....
    Ey bik3rluke, if you really believe this, then you won't improve anymore.
    Despite I hold some records, I'm nowhere near any such stage. I always
    try something new and do analyze lots of things and stuff every day.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

There is no end to how good you can get at a game. It takes an open mind to try new things, anew line, new turbo spots, all with the goal to try and get better. I started out HATING phantom since I couldn't do well in it at all, now I love it and can't stand racing slower.

I wish WOHD had a larger community, but sadly it is a challenging game to do well at so most people are turned off it. That is the way the ball rolls though so you have to look at the positive. I like the none casual style though, because I don't like people coming in acting all high and mighty because the game is easy. You just have to make the game open to new people. Get them to join this forum, learn about the cool ppl who play it and they get better, rinse repeat. Gamers all have a passion, ours is WO.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

@RedScar

There's nothing sad about a game being this hard. It's conceived this way not to piss people off, but to make them better at it. Nowadays most games are too easy because of whining people or because of multiples save points scattered all over the game. WipEout is conceived toward competition and being good at it. Its racing, may it be F1, Nascar or a video game.

What's sad is narrow-minded people who think life is supposed to be easy and includes multiples save points. But its not like that. Its about practicing, being minded and have determination, striving to achieve something. Hell, WipEout is surely trying to teach something about life itself! xD

The most important about WipEout is not Studio Liverpool toning down difficulty level, is more about people like us spreading the word about how well-conceived is WipEout HD and how it is possible to compete and have a good time in such a difficult game. Its already happening in some threads right here or on Gamefaqs. Its also why this community is kept alive by people like us.

I honestly think its working. Im a regular player, you know its true. I see a lot of new-comers. They're having a hard time, yes. But i see most of them still racing, after a couple of weeks. I maybe wrong, maybe they're just giving it a try and will surely give up if they're not getting better is a decent amount of time, but at least WOHD is still attracting people way much after launch date. Somewhere it tellls me something about the value of the game being studied by people

PSN ID
    Hemicrania

nice to see my avatars poppin up all over the place, hehe. Srry off topic.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Sure! But i still need Harimau and Auricom avatars
    Last edited by Lance; 11th July 2009 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation eliminated. Please read the WipeoutZone guidelines in the announcements section.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Skilov97

Wipeout for me is beyond words; I simply can't describe the adrenaline rush I get from playing and no other game will ever provide what Wipeout has. It brought me into the world of Playstation, the electronic music genre (thank you Tim Wright!) and a world I can always escape to no matter what mood I'm in.

And a new pilot has entered the fray! ^^ A friend managed to get me online for the first time and I'm SOOO hooked so if you'd like to race, feel free to add me. It's all about fun even if I end up placing last in an 8 player, 12 circuit tournament (which hasn't happened yet). Fury is going to drive me crazy...

I'm truly thankful the those whom are considered Elite as they pave the way for all pilots to keep pushing forward to a point where one can be pleased with satisfaction that they've accomplished a certain feat they've worked hard at over time. We're always striving for what is perfect to us in Wipeout. I'm not a perfectionist but the more I play, the better I get and the journey will never end for as long as I'm breathing.

I've been visiting this forum forever btw, but haven't been much to write on any boards for some odd reason but I'll be around more often as once again I'm hooked to Wipeout online, lol. (This is probably my first forum posts in over a year or so? o.O)

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Great stuff.
    I thought i was good, then came up against the man, the myth, the legend Asayyeah online.

A close race, but i just couldnt overtake him to save my life.

after that i practiced religously, and found this place. Might not be the best, but creating an undefeated england team, reaching 8th for phantom rankins on cannavars site, plus a few world records along the way has made me a happy man

Winning close tournaments gets me jumping around the living room with an elation i dont get from many things

Always room for improvement though. Always.

A working ps3 again would help too

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

What? a broken PS3? aw man, that's pretty ****! You're right about Asa! He scares me when he's in the same race as me, adrenaline starts to kick, and I know it's time to concentrate. Music off/Sound effects on. Hands sweat profusely, and the races are so crazy that sometimes for me, it's a battle just to survive. Most peeps would probably quit in situations like this. Which is why I think us zoners are the elite, WE DON'T QUIT! in the face of seeming impossible odds, we hang in there, and stick it out!

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

That is the exact... I never quit even always losing

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Quote Originally Posted by ACE-FLO View Post
    You're right about Asa! He scares me when he's in the same race as me, adrenaline starts to kick, and I know it's time to concentrate.
    Too right.
    Though over time i reckon the win/loss ratio swung in my favour.

WipEout goal achieved!

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Smile

Re: NightArh post - It's true! He never quits. Proving my point! Every time we race, he's closing our ships, and recently beat me on TDR-black phantom online... Now that's progress! Go NightArh! You're getting too good too quickly, it's a good thing!

@ OBH, nice one dude, Me? different story, Asa kicks my butt regular! but I see slow, steady progress in my online performance.
    Last edited by ACE-FLO; 11th July 2009 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Saw OBH's post

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Asayyeah claims he was just being a gentelmen and letting me win what a legend.