I think a main reason I love WipEout compared to any other game is that it's a very tight, small, elite community. You can go online with most games and find thousands upon thousands of people online, whereas with WipEout pretty much every lobby I enter I will find at least one person I've raced with in the past.

Most people don't 'understand' WipEout. Most of my friends don't understand the obsession with WipEout. They either haven't got into it, or don't want to. They don't quite get why WipEout is so special.

...and it's not popular for that reason. I was reading through the Fury details on PlayStation Blog and kept reading various gamers saying stuff like WipEout HD is far too hard, and it's loosing them customers as no-one can master it like most games. For me, this is a good thing. I've been playing WipEout HD pretty much every night since it was released, and still rarely do a lap that I'm happy with. I always want to better myself.

I admire players who have mastered this game like no-one else, such as Wotan998, ProblemSolver, IH8YOU, Connavar, Flashback_Jack and pirhapac. They're the elite of the elite. I only hope I'll be able to get half as good as them at some point, but I think it takes a naturally gifted talent to progress like they have. I seem to have hit a stage where I simply can't get any better, yet with them that stage is far superior to anyone else's stage.

Anyway, enough rambling... I'm just happy to be apart of something that a large percentage of people will never understand.