Thread: Lag or something else?

PSN ID
    krioto

Default Lag or something else?

Hi,

I picked up wipeout HD again last night (after a long KZ2 distraction) and played a few races, and had an odd experience.

It was on Sol 2, Rapier class.

The race was full (8 pilots) and me and this other guy were going neck and neck every race, up until the second to last checkpoint, where all of a sudden he would disappear, and I would suddenly be -7.0 seconds behind.

I thought this was a bit weird the first time, but put it down to maybe a laggy start to the race, which the game eventually caught up and corrected, but this continued for the next 5 races.

We would be racing each other (leaving the pack behind), and actually bumping into each other, hitting each other with weapons, but then he would be gone and won the race with a ridiculous time gap.

The fact that we were bumping and hitting each other around the track seemed to indicate that we were in fact on the same point on the track/race.

Has anyone got an explanation for this??

Thanks
    Kris

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Urgh! That sound strange and I never experienced s/t like this. Besides the fast-starts already discussed here.

But a good pilot could gain some serious time advantage in 2 laps with a little turbo luck, well performed BRs and knowing the perfect racing line and shortcuts. On Sol 2 there is one - don't know if it works on rapier as I suck with all shortcuts and rarely try

PSN ID
    Nunalho

Same thing happened to me a few days ago, dont know how but the other racer just disappeared and managed to finish each race with a big (ridiculous) time gap which is not normal, usualy times are much closer as i am a good pilot.

Also i saw rockets being shot 2 or 3 times but did not see a ship...

Some glitch or lag for sure.

PSN ID
    krioto

Thanks Guys. It was really weird, but luckily I have not experienced it again. Overloaded on wipeout on the weekend - so addictive!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

That's just some other case of lag affected gameplay. This also includes busted weapons/speed pads, incorrect racing positions and the oh-its-so-pissing-me-off frequent game crashes...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    jan709

Here's a weird one: sometimes when i start a race only i will leave the starting grid. Then i see rockest fired from nothing, weapon pads suddenly deactivating and a bomb gets dropped right in my face when there appears to be no ship there.

Wich means...... invisble ships, and a very frustrating race. Anyone having the same problem?
    Last edited by jan709; 13th July 2009 at 05:43 PM. Reason: misspelled "fired" (smart i know)