Thread: Pitch Control - Motion Sensor/d-pad/analogue

Timezone
    GMT + 7
    PSN ID
    daedalus_3141

Default Pitch Control - Motion Sensor/d-pad/analogue

Hey to all,
    I'm new to this forum and wipeout HD online. I've watched Phaetons youtube for venom anulpha past as well as other tracks where he has pulled of barrel rolls that seem totally impossible. I'm getting used to the nose up/down but read some people use the sensor control. I was just interested to know what people use as preference and if any one could give any tips on how to pull off the nose-up side-shift to barrel roll. I beat zico but only by 0.03 seconds, i would love the feeling of smashing by a few secs like in the leader boards.

PSN ID
    Ziz528

Welcome to the forums
    As for your question on preference, I tend to use the d-pad for pitch control, I tried using the motion sensor and found that it just doesn't cut it, it's way too vague and doesn't get me enough air when I pitch up compared to the d-pad. The d-pad is a lot harder to use though since you often have to steer and pitch at the same time.

Timezone
    GMT + 7
    PSN ID
    daedalus_3141

I've been trying the Pitch with sensor Control but it's a nightmare, i find myself forgetting about it and pointing the controller down and drilling the ship into the track So i guess i've gotta practice loads more to nail steering and pitching with the d-pad.
    This is one of the best games i've played

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

I don't use any motion pitching and just rely on the Analog sticks. Seems to do the job for me when I nose up and sideshift BR most of the time.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

This has been discussed many times before, but anyway; I use motion pitching. It isn't perfect, but I don't know how it compares to the d-pad or stick being used at their best potentials, as I found using them to be immensely unwieldy and would never have considered myself anywhere near "even okay" with them.

Even amongst the top players you're likely to see large differences in control setup; although due to the franchise being one that's been around for a long time, a lot of those top players have traditional leanings. That's usually for good reason - they just work, and are usually simple.
    I just feel, as someone new to the series with HD, motion controlled pitching makes things easier again, despite the laggy feel (which can be compensated for).

That all said, it's proven that you can make world records with any setup as long as it works for you.

Timezone
    GMT + 7
    PSN ID
    daedalus_3141

Apologies for bringing up an old topic. Thank you for taking time to give the information again it is very useful

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

I use motion pitching set to fairly high sensetivity say around... 60% which means you really have to pitch the controller a lot to get a reaction which is good for places like the piranha bowl on cp fwd (especially if you want the br after it) but I still use the up and down buttons on my d-pad for most pitch controlling.