Thread: wipeout hd cheats

Default wipeout hd cheats

Is it my imagination or does the game cheat. When i play races against the computer I get situtions where the racer behind me shoots me with a rocket crashes into me this speeds me back up and then it shoots another weapon at me but niether of us has gone over any weapon pads so he should never of had a second weapon.

I also notice in computer races the competitors get boosts of speed whenever it suits them.

Lastly is secumba climb or whatever that track is called much harder than the other tracks cos i really find it hard to beat the computer, where the other tracks are not so hard.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MAMUTHcz

no, its not your imagination, especialy on higher difficulties ai cheats like this, but its because otherwise the game would not be as challenging.
    sebenco is slightly more difficult than other track, but it is partialy caused by different flow of the track, you need to use your airbrakes almost flawlessly, but it will come to you with some time and practice (citta nuova in pure and outpost 7 in pulse are much more difficult IMO)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

Sebenco climb and chenghou are the hardest because AI can turn like auto pilot does, so they don't lose speed on every turn on SC and on the hairpin on CP...

and they also got weapon randomly, pads or not.
    so they can have turbo too...

It's to make the game challenging, because you can get them with barrel rolls (they don't make)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

On Chenghou I agree, but on Seb (both forward and reverse) I think the AI is pretty easily beatable in all corners except the first one... all it takes is some practice in speed lap mode, and clever use of sideshifts. I still beat the AI easier on Sebenco Climb than any other track. Chenghou Project vs. AI ships is a nightmare, though...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MAMUTHcz

i have to say, taht the most difficult track for me was and maybe still is metropia reversed with its mother****ing blind right turn on the peek of the loop

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

if you just fly straight instead of turning blindly hard...bear left a little bit and the speed pads will take you right through the blind turn at the magstrip peak

good tip frost. I was having big problems with that bend too.

fair enough the computer cheats. i just wanted to know i wasnt me imagining things. But they say cheaters never prosper so the computer will always lose in the end i guess.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

I agree about the top of the mountain as it were with that sudden blind turn. You HAVE to admit, it feels damn good just, sliding through it as if it were nothing. 5 times out of 10 I will bump some walls. Either over-guess the initial turn and hit the left wall, or go in too far right and hit the wall of the right turn itself. But when you just glide through it, you feel pretty professional.

Those who have gotten Arcade Perfect should all agree, Chenghou (F and R) is the most nightmarish track to face off against elite AI on phantom. I won't tell you you'll need a lot of luck to come in first in either forward or reverse, but I will say you will have to pull off something pretty incredible to be leading the pack there.

And we all forgot to mention the lame initial boost they get when "GO!" appears at the race start. Are we timing OUR boosts wrong or are they supposed to race off ahead completely off screen until you gradually catch up to them? Cause I remember in Pure I timed it right and I'd shoot into first place in the first two seconds of the race.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Dropping you air brake sensitivity down to 70% is probably the biggest performance hike you can give yourself,it makes turning so much easier,60% things start getting twitchy and side shifts don't always work.

I wish I had done this when I was racing against the elite AI in Campaign and Racebox,it would of made getting all gold a hell of a lot easier.

As it is I'm knocking time off all my SL & TT times since the change and can pretty much beat the elite AI at phantom speed without too much difficulty.

But then again,if you saw my total hours count for playing HD [and the permanent D-Pad impression in my thumb] you wouldn't be surprised with that.

Just did what you said, 70% air brake and it works well.

thx

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

I had mine set at 70% for the longest time too, but I switched to 50% a little over a month ago and I absolutely love it. To each his (or her) own!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I had a brief try with 50-60 % but it made my AG seem like a very twitchy Fiesar.
    Maybe it was just too big a change to adjust to coming straight from 100%.
    I might still head in that direction though, if and when I exhaust what I can achieve at 70%

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Haha and just think, I use 50% with my twitchy Feisar!