Thread: Pilot assist debate

Default Pilot assist debate

I am new to wipeout, i have just unlocked the silver ships.
    I notice most players on here are against using pilot assist.
    I like to play with it off but would personally use it online in races where possible.

Can someone explain what are the +/- of using/not using pilot assist.

The way I see it is online racing you gotta have it to help against ramming from other players.

In time trails it really seams to make no difference to my times as you really need perfect laps anyway.

Can someone put me straight on this please

Thanks

Jasmin

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

About that, if you search on various threads on this site you'll find many answers to your questions.
    Anyway pilot assist slow you down a little and perfect laps aren't the only condition for fast races, more than boosts and brs, lines rules on TT/SL modes

Timezone
    GMT + 10

I much prefer being completely in control. When I have raced perfect lines (I've only used pilot assist once or twice), it will throw me off. It completely messes up my messy BRs.

In Phantom, it's just annoying, and Rapier and below it's downright useless. And it FEELS slower! I always turn it off when I create online races. I'm probably not answering your questions in the best way possible, but the topic included "debate"

ok fair enough,thx

but for online racing i would think it's a godsend for when you get rammed and knocked off your racing line you tend to get more screwed with it off than on.
    Probally why many players hate being rammed.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Yah, I believe you lose exactly 10% of your top speed with PA on...

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Most of the best racing lines are very close to the wall, PA will pull you off that racing line.

Default Moderator message.

In the months since HD has been available, this issue has already been discussed to the stage of um... beating-a-dead-horse-to-make-it-pull-a-wagon. Or something similarly unproductive. Please search the forums before starting new threads for topics clearly already discussed, and post about the topics in those threads so that all info about them will be kept together as much as possible.