Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: An idea...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Quote Originally Posted by nexusc View Post
    to me, racing without collisions kinda defeats the purpose.. when you are racing, the best line is not always the best option!
    Errm... Actually, it is. I got lot of experience in WipEout games and i can adopt a fairly decent racing line in WOHD most of the time, which can give someone a hard time catching up to me, even with Turbos and A-P. But i've been racing against players who use a far better line than me, they can literally shave whole seconds off me in a finger snap. So it is the best option, like most of any racing games out there!

Secondly, i agree with you, collisions in racing games are an important part of the gameplay. But in WOHD, its screwed up!!! This crap makes me go angrier than a set of Mines and Bombs dropped right into my face, and that's saying a lot xD The minute someones barely contacts my ship, i go drifting into a wall, just like cops when you see them trying to make lose control to a fugitive on the street...

So the best solution remains to be an option to turn collisions off, unless SL is able in some unexplained way to correct the situation and lag...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Quote Originally Posted by G'Kyl View Post
    Back to topic: Just one more thought here. Am I the only one who'd like to turn collisions off for the sole reason that the respective physics model seem unappropriate to begin with? I mean those ships are, what, 15 meters long? Then why do they feel like 10 grams toys?
    That was exactly my thoughts about this issue.

Let's say you take Auricom. This ship has a low coefficient of turning ability, its feels heavy. So if it has a lot of weight and mass to move around, it should actually be considered a heavy ship in WOHD physics, and having it ramming you with such mass and consequently gathering lots of velocity should send you disintegrating in a wall nearby.

Take this concept in account and apply it to Feisar. Being so swift would mean that the Feisar is the lightest ship around, no? It would be build taking in account that most materials should be light-weight to assure quick navigation when racing, right? It also means that Feisar cannot logically gather as much velocity as Auricom can, right? If all of this makes sense, at the best of my knowledge, THEN WHY THE HELL A FEISAR CAN RAM ME INTO A WALL LIKE IT WEIGHTS 50 TONS AND MY AURICOM IS MADE OUT OF PAPER?!?!?? >=(

PSN ID
    Mister_Mateo

@GKyl: I don't think they're that long, compare it to the pilot or the cockpit-cupola (don't know if it's called like this).

I'm not a fan of ghost races. This would take out much of the intense of races (at least from weapons on races). A much better solution would be to improve the code for online races.