Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2009-07-06: Abuse it and lose it

yes please vote for me..so i can have my moat drained and i can put it on expences like the labour mp's do.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by KGB1971 View Post
    What's FTA?
    When you write FTW, it can be for two things:
    1. For The Win, when something is good/fun/etc.
    2. censored The World, when something bad happens.

There is only one A. on this forum.

That's of course only my guess. I've never used it as the A. can probably verify.

sorry i dont understand ..there only one A on the site...whats that mean

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

DD777, Sounds a bit like you are stirring schitt. I have already made it clear what FTA means...

btw, there's a 3rd abbrev. to FTW - Fukkin' Time Waster, it's terminology used in the retail environment!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

I created the FTA;

Stands for;

Free Trade Agreement,

A batar system where people trade game knowledge, secrets, saved data, and other useful tips in a range on playstation games.

Atm it is clearly turn into a utter mess.

Ive successfully been using the FTA since high school, very useful when people band together to achieve a common goal.

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Wait! What? Free Trade Agreement?

Nah mate lol. I thought it was Fortunate Times Ahead - wtf, I like em both... dilemma! lol!

So Kigo! You're back now? Awesome buddy!

I thought it stood for..... free the aligators

kinda like a wildlife thing.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

I cant seem to find the justice scales of reputation subtraction and addition under the threads, just noticed it then. Has Robert Foxx turned them off for good?

Best to turn all reputation addition and deduction off as it creates more of a nasty atmosphere to the forum.

yes ..negativity breeds negativity.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Nope.

But those involved in the FTA no longer have the ability to give reputation.

Bummer, eh?

Still, the whole system is probably going to be ditched.

I don't have the time or patience to deal with it or the people who have been abusing it - and certainly not when I get anonymous cowards sending me messages on the PSN.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

ive never abused the rep system myself thats bullshit that i cannot distribute reputation of any kind. Ive dont know what has been told to you about the FTA Rob. But its used to help each other out in Wipeout Pulse and HD. like in giving each other ghosts and advice.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

So what does it stand for won't someone come out and say it? As they say curiosity killed the ginger, I was puzzled until I saw the link to that Mod/Admin page, now the words **** the admin have came to mind, do I win a cookie?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

Wink

set up time delay between giving rep points or harder limits and problem with "abusing" will be solved if you considering some members are worth than others. I use these boards according to your rules or not? eh Robert?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    arch595esc

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    So what does it stand for won't someone come out and say it?
    ROFL

Mind actually checking the thread?

Is it "Fortunate Times Ahead"? Hmm...
    Last edited by archman; 27th August 2009 at 08:32 PM.

@nightarh

that only make the system more flawed.best way to fix it is turn it off period.any system which gives one member power to punish another equal member is a pile of useless rubbish.
    only mods should have power to mod not members.
    I dought there are many members who would enjoy being negged or would 100% agree that all neg they recieved was just.

thanks system is better in my oppinion cos its only positive and its on the post for all to see.so any abuse is their for all to see, and its equal.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

This rep bullshit here. Reminds me of a game of Monopoly. Where the person who is behind and is loosing, changes the rules.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

You know what,

**** it,

MrSmadSmartAlex is right,

You cant exchange rep for gift vouchers and food.

Rep is a load of ****, unless you are an underground drug lord or something.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

The bit I don't understand is that when I posted that people shouldn't abuse the rep system, NightArh - one of the FTA gang - gave me positive rep for that post. I mean, that's either deeply ironic or deliberately trying to throw a curve ball.

Admittedly, you weren't allowed to post for the time it was going on, Kigo, but the thing that made it obvious that you were implicated in some way was that the FTA crew... posse-homies-squad-clan-gang-whatever you guys refer to yourself as... were digging up posts you'd made maybe six weeks ago and adding rep points with "FTA" tagged on the end.

That made it pretty obvious something weird was going on and people weren't being subtle about it. Every morning when I sign in to check new accounts and activate them I'd check the rep system and it was all "Rep for today! FTA!" and "Here's your FTA rep!"

I kept thinking "WTFTA?!"

It's only in the last week I changed the number of users you had to give rep to before you could give rep to the same person again, but that just slowed it down a bit. If it had gone unchecked then those in the FTA syndicate (I just thought of that one) would have repped themselves to ridiculously inflated levels in the space of a few months.

Jasmin-Jade-Power - or the JJP index, as I like to call it, was making things worse/better depending on your point of view. Jasmin, bursting with energy, female and on a gaming forum gets reputation like Scotland gets rain. The more the JJP index climbed over the months, the more her reputation sway on other people would be magnified.

By xmas you'd probably need a 1800x1600 capable monitor just to view the forum with all the green squares she would have beside her name. So I tried to combat this by, somewhat harshly, giving her negative rep when I disagreed with her on things or I thought she'd said something a bit flippant and dismissive. I tried to explain to Jasmin why I was giving her negative rep - I wasn't singling her out, I was just trying to delay the looming reputation system catastrophe which she, unwittingly, was contributing to by being popular.

What I didn't want to do was just switch the rep system off without trying to make it work, because I've had no end of feedback over the summer months to the effect of "WipEoutZone is no fun", "infoxicated doesn't allow anything", "infoxicated will just say no", "YOU'RE A ****"... actually, that last one is just an example of the harrasment I've been getting over the PSN - people don't seem to believe that Jasmin can fight her own battles and want to come to her defense... which is sweet.

Anyhow, that's why I didn't want to just turn it off - I didn't want people being all "he's stopping us from having fun" or "****" (again, on the PSN).

So there you go... I'm all out. It's obvious the rep system has ended up a bit of a mess, so I think what we'll do is put all the people in the "Disreputable" group (yes, it's called that) back in the registered users group and have a grand switching off ceremony. Except for the last bit.