Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2009-07-06: Abuse it and lose it

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Default 2009-07-06: Abuse it and lose it

You will lose the rights to give user reputation if it's apparent that your main use of the reputation system is to make petty comments because you have a grudge against a particular user.

Likewise, you will lose the right to tag posts should it become apparent that you're adding pointless tags to a thread. The system is to aid the findability of content, not for filling with the clutter of cheap gags or snipes.

It is worth noting that the majority of people have nothing to worry about in using the above features of the forum. It's the minority who are spoiling the party, and those people know who they are and should not be surprised in the slightest to find they cannot give reputation or leave tags.

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

erm... Guilty for the tag abuse here. but only once... couldn't help it! meh!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Guilty for the tag (not rep) abuse too. Stand firmly corrected, have already erased the not funny "susan boyle FTW", or other useless tags some days ago. Misunderstood their use first, I know their purpose now.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Ive added a lot of tags here, all which are extremely helpful when you actually use the tag search feature. Ive actually been able to find threads that ive been on before, since ive added tags on them before, very useful feature. As of the rep system. Well some people should start sh it by starting to give neg rep for no apparent reason. Ive given out alot positive rep, until an incident not so long ago.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

That's a very fair system.
    So what do I do if somebody's left me a petty comment with a neg-rep, nothing at all to do with the post it was for? Do I PM a mod or something?
    I only leave rep, positive or negative if I feel it's appropriate for the post, no matter if I like the member or not.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Best to PM me if you think you've received some reputation that's unrelated to the post at hand.

Thank god you weren't talking about my penis.

I like this system, it's much better. I've never much looked at the rep page, I will do it moreso now.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

I never added any tags, but I have repped before when a good statement is made or helpful advice given. People who abuse the system like that don't deserve a place on the internet in my opinion.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

How does the reputation system even work? I've never seen anything in peoples' posts that says anything about it or how to give positive/negative score. It never really mattered much to me, but I've always been curious.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Well the +rep and the -rep system works likes this;

accidentally offend someone, piss of Rob, or just get into ###'s way. you'll be neg reped, however,

You help a newbie member here, add an additional piece of advice about Wipeout gameplay information like good BR spots and techniques, drop a funny post here and there, you receive a +rep from someone.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

The forum has an FAQ resource - it's a good way to find out how to use it;

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/faq...vb3_reputation

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

To add and subtract reputation there is a scale icon on the banner atop of that person's post. Click that and there is the window to approve (Positive) or disapprove (negative) and add a comment.

ok when you check your rep and all those comments you get,

green box means good re
    red box means bad rep

but what does the grey box mean, i have a few of them.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

If you look here:
    Quote Originally Posted by infoxicated View Post
    The forum has an FAQ resource - it's a good way to find out how to use it;

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/faq...vb3_reputation
    You'll see this:
    Quote Originally Posted by That FAQ
    Reputation may be positive, negative, or neutral...Neutral reputation is only given when the person giving reputation does not meet the criteria set by the administrator to affect someone else's reputation.

Thx for helpful post Task

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I've read that before, but I as never sure what the criteria were. I was thinking it was a minimum of 50 posts, just by looking at the people I got neutral rep from. Does anyone know if that's correct? Something like a minimum amount of good rep would also make sense.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

I think it is a post limit and if they have negative rep. Don't hold it as truth, but that's the way most forums work it.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Ive never sent out neg rep ever, only positive rep out, as the motto of this forum is "Let's be friends!", only on one occasion i sent out neg rep to an idiot who gave it to me first, for a stupid reason. The power to negatively rep someone should only be left to the moderators and the administrator of the forum, since there opinions are generally and most of the times the best. The ability to rep someone should only be positive, with the general member population, and that is it.

Myself i send out pos rep every single day, keeps the good vibe in play, also keeps newbie members welcomed, and the loyal members rewarded.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

I can agree on that. I like to +rep at least once a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO View Post
    Ive never sent out neg rep ever, only positive rep out, as the motto of this forum is "Let's be friends!", only on one occasion i sent out neg rep to an idiot who gave it to me first, for a stupid reason. The power to negatively rep someone should only be left to the moderators and the administrator of the forum, since there opinions are generally and most of the times the best. The ability to rep someone should only be positive, with the general member population, and that is it.

Myself i send out pos rep every single day, keeps the good vibe in play, also keeps newbie members welcomed, and the loyal members rewarded.
    I agree, i would never send bad rep unless it was to someone who injustly gave it to me. I give out positive rep daily to all the people that help me or just write good posts. I would never give neg rep to a post cos i didnt like it as i believe in tolerance and understanding people views are different. live and let be.