Thread: 2009-07-06: Abuse it and lose it

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    infoxicated

Default 2009-07-06: Abuse it and lose it

You will lose the rights to give user reputation if it's apparent that your main use of the reputation system is to make petty comments because you have a grudge against a particular user.

Likewise, you will lose the right to tag posts should it become apparent that you're adding pointless tags to a thread. The system is to aid the findability of content, not for filling with the clutter of cheap gags or snipes.

It is worth noting that the majority of people have nothing to worry about in using the above features of the forum. It's the minority who are spoiling the party, and those people know who they are and should not be surprised in the slightest to find they cannot give reputation or leave tags.

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

erm... Guilty for the tag abuse here. but only once... couldn't help it! meh!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Guilty for the tag (not rep) abuse too. Stand firmly corrected, have already erased the not funny "susan boyle FTW", or other useless tags some days ago. Misunderstood their use first, I know their purpose now.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Ive added a lot of tags here, all which are extremely helpful when you actually use the tag search feature. Ive actually been able to find threads that ive been on before, since ive added tags on them before, very useful feature. As of the rep system. Well some people should start sh it by starting to give neg rep for no apparent reason. Ive given out alot positive rep, until an incident not so long ago.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

That's a very fair system.
    So what do I do if somebody's left me a petty comment with a neg-rep, nothing at all to do with the post it was for? Do I PM a mod or something?
    I only leave rep, positive or negative if I feel it's appropriate for the post, no matter if I like the member or not.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Best to PM me if you think you've received some reputation that's unrelated to the post at hand.