Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fury for free?

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Err, did I wrote free (beer)? Not!

It's all about addressing peoples motivation to buy and - more important - to play the game over a longer period.

Nobody loves my proposal. Done with that

I'm really curious if WOHD did generate any cash at all and what # of copies downloaded.

@ Darkdrium777: In case I misunderstood - sorry, but those level 35+ onliners are keeping the online community up and running. Whatever motivates them I don't know. Fro me it's about improvement. These L50s are IMO of more value to the long term success of the game than some other great achievers.

@ ProblemSolver: ACK on the price. SL/SC please make it a full game, boxed BluRay with an average price PS3 tag. Deal, too, if I get what I pay for.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

I like your idea Constrictor. I think it would be pretty neat if SL handed out free copies to a select few over-achievers/contributors. It's not like you proposed that the game be free for everyone, which I wouldn't agree with. If it were only 25-50 free copies, I think the goodwill gained would outweigh the money lost. I say cool idea.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Are you suggesting that price for the original plus downloadable content shipped on Blu Ray with a nice shiny manual? 39.99? Are you insane?

That's just outrageous and even on disk, one lot of content would work out as costing more than the original game.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

@Constrictor: Yeah I was talking a bit more in general. Well, your idea is ...
    okey. But wouldn't it be better to integrate those players directly into the
    game itself? For example, if you race SL, TT, ... then some billboards /
    bends / walls may show the first three of the leaderboard in question, etc..

@Rapier Racer: 39,99 EUR for WipEout HD + WipEout HD Fury whether
    online or retail. Ehm ok, germany is a quite expensive, subtract 10 EUR
    and we are fine. Did you know that GT5P was priced at 39,99 EUR (german
    PSN store) for quite a long time? I like GT5P do death, but WOHD >> GT5P.
    And WOHD + Fury >>> GT5P.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by Constrictor View Post
    In case I misunderstood - sorry, but those level 35+ onliners are keeping the online community up and running.
    By stopping to play the game? (A lot of people at level 50 have stopped playing the game...)
    Level 50 means nothing and certainly doesn't mean you should get the game for free. It's just another statistic. What keeps the game running are people dedicated to playing it long after it's release, and what have we here? WipeoutZone, a place chock full of these people. People giving feedback on what they like and dislike about the game, bugs and etc. People arranging meetings and tournaments, etc.
    Does this mean WipeoutZone should get the game for free? No. Basically nothing you can do while playing the game or about the game means you should get the game for free. The only thing would be a contest, and I hardly see that ever happening for full games, let alone DLC like Fury.
    The only possible way to get the game "for free" would be a limited time beta trial, but again this hardly happens for full games, so for DLC the chances are even slimmer. And then you'd have to buy the game anyways once the beta ends.
    In the end, nobody will get the game for free, unless the DLC is actually made free which I doubt.