Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zico aaahhhhhh!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

If you do a lap and come off the end of the bridge with a BR then hit a turbo quickly, press the select button again to give yourself another turbo Before the start line,then quickly use that one,you will be traveling at max speed at the start of a zico attempt lap .
    You still get another turbo as you start a lap to use to do your multiple BR's down the straight.

It's a sort of "Boost BR Boost" trick for dummies without having to nose up at the start.

Timezone
    GMT + 2

So judging by my 30.85 lap time, I'm doing it absolutely perfectly, and it now just comes down to luck. I swear, I just CANNOT do that third barrel roll in the beginning anymore. It used to be so easy! I'm getting sick of Piranha... I unlocked all of the skins just by trying to beat Zico...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

You should try with the Fury Piranha if you haven't. The additional stats could help. Also, if "that third barrel roll at the beginning" is the one on the bridge, it's the hardest. Keep trying until you nail it on one of your laps and you have Zico for sure by then. If not, work on the rest of your line.

PSN ID
    DDark101

i got 30.74 the other day watched a vid on you tube taught me everything i needed to know it also helps when racing against someone whos got the trophy you can tell by the lines they take and know how to catch the cheeky peeps

I thought that Zico himself used only two barrel rolls to get his time? Saw it somewhere in the Zico-is-popular thread, whatever the exact name of that thread is.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    RaiderHutch

Zico is tough no doubt! I still haven't been able to best my time of 31.02 and that was with a side shift onto the bridge not a barrel roll. I can never land the barrel roll on the bridge it's like a 1/20 shot for me to do so I managed to lower my time by side shifting onto the bridge instead of the roll, don't know if anyone else has tried this and had it work to any effect.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

you can beat zico with three barrelrolls. i know this for a fact because i never managed to the the BR onto the overpass. eventually after numerous laps i maneged a 30.65 with just the double on the straight and the one off the overpass. the rest is about sideshift, pitch, racing lines e.t.c.

@Lance:
    two on the other hand? damn that i got to see to believe lol.

Timezone
    GMT + 2

I got all 4 barrel rolls, and 30.85

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheDukeZip

You're really close, just work on your lines a little bit more! Take those turns just a smidgin' tighter! It can be done without sideshift - I got 30.68 or 69 with 14 speed pads, 4 barrel rolls, no sideshifts

Quote Originally Posted by Motorsagmannen View Post
    you can beat zico with three barrelrolls. i know this for a fact because i never managed to the the BR onto the overpass. eventually after numerous laps i maneged a 30.65 with just the double on the straight and the one off the overpass. the rest is about sideshift, pitch, racing lines e.t.c.

@Lance:
    two on the other hand? damn that i got to see to believe lol.

but i don't understand.....

How can side shift improve your time on zico challenge.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DividedXZero

@Jasmin:

Sideshifts affect your racing line.
    The better the racing line the better your time.

Example 1: you can side shift in mid turn taking it sharper and not as wide shaving time.

Example 2: on a small turn/curve you can side shift (which you can visually see is a quick manuever) instead of using d-pad or stick and you travel the straightest line (which is a good thing) through the track and are more efficient in your piloting as opposed to literally turning when it's not needed.

Thx

Now i understand

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

With the new Piranha its possible to beat him without doing the BR onto the bridge

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

it was possible with the old piranha as well

PSN ID
    krioto

This is the last trophy I need for platinum.

I cannot do the barrel roll onto the bridge - can I still beat him?

Current best time is 31.04.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

yes indeed you can. just keep your lines as close to perfect as possible and sideshift like a lairy crab and you'll be fine

PSN ID
    krioto

Ok, thanks yeldar. I'm assuming the side shift is for the 3 speed pads just before the bridge?

more than just there (i use them everywhere tbh...)

Key places are:

first corner you want to sideshift onto the first pad, hit the 2nd pad (the one on the inside, not the outside), then sideshift again on the third pad.

on the right hander before the 3 pads (exiting the tunnel)

the 3 pads

the long left hander before the overpass (to keep as close to the left-hand wall as possible)

it's also easier to beat him if you can chain 3 BRs from the turbo but 2 is sufficient...

PSN ID
    MrBrinkles

Yesterday i got 30.88, and today i got 30.84 two times
    Hopefully i beat it tomorrow, i'm getting really frustrated with this. Just 0.02 short and i honestly don't think i can get any faster. I did master the BR upon the ledge so thats not a problem anymore, but suprisingly i mostly screw up the first boost pads right after the start. Sometimes i have to race 6 laps before i get the boost pads right, while when i started trying to beat Zico i never had a problem with them.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/787/w...0902222226.jpg
    Last edited by Lance; 2nd September 2009 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Oversize image file converted from direct display to link; please read the WZ guidelines in the announcements section.

if you didn't have pilot assist on you would have beaten it already...