PSN ID
    mchief22

Default Zico aaahhhhhh!!!

31:14 Thats all im saying!!!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DeepMix

all u need is to learn how to use pitch well, and of course doing all those barrel rolls

if u cant beat him try the "select-boost" way, search it on the forum

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

*facepalm.gif* @ thread

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

PSN ID
    mchief22

I didn't want any help lol, I know how to do it, it's just trying to do it!!!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

is this is the character who i ended up being the attention of my you tube profile.

people pouring out videos to spank this person butt.

maybe it will be good to see stin say again. Zico suk my other head LOL

PSN ID
    mchief22

Upate 30:88. So close yet so far!!!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    graeble

30:83
    i almost threw the controller.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

I did threw my controller, just not a zico, havent bothered with that bastard since 2008. It requires too much energy, energy which i need to Uni studies atm. The controller i threw is in another thread here, took out one of my speakers while playing a really hard SL on MotorStorm Pacific Rift, god that game got too many cunty moments.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

I'm surprisingly cool when it comes to zone, since I know all mistakes are my own fault and nobody else's.

However, I nearly threw my controller when I went from 100 shield to 0 in the last turn of Metropia phantom elite in lap 5, being in the lead... the stupid AI just wouldn't stop shooting me with rockets and missiles... argh, that still gets me upset!

PSN ID
    Hemicrania

last time I trew a controller was yesterday, trying to beat Kessler on Hard in Infamous. Motherf...er, the whole game on hard is ok and then, suddenly, the final boss is ridiculously hard. Like the developers decided "ow wait...damn, we supposed to make this thing hard right?" when yer @ the final bossfight.

MEH!

Ontopic : I aint even trying Zico. Its not human.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Just persevere If I can do it, so can you

Level 55 was my besthttp://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_turd.gif

PSN ID
    mchief22

I actually have sore thumbs now, with a button shape on one of my thumbs! lol
    Well at least one good thing is coming out of all this, i'll get the 100 thousand loyalty for one ship trophy lol, Im at 35'000 now!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    hIGHWAYtOhEAVEN

Yesterday i finally managed to beat Zico! I first earned a 30,86 (i almost trew my controller out of the window) then i decided to make the last lap and, DING!!, i made it!
    It's really hard, just watch a couple of video on youtube and try to follow the tutorials, train on the barrel rolls, if you can do all the 4 rolls you can beat it....

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

@hIGHWAYtOhEAVEN: Thx for sharing, I hope you stick around. Welcome on board.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    hIGHWAYtOhEAVEN

Thanx Problemsolver, and thanx everybody for keeping this forum a wonderful place for all the wipeout fans. GJ guys, see you soon!

PSN ID
    akirapill

C'mon Zico is not that hard, I did it the day after downloading it In fact I'm hoping for another harder Zico challenge in the fury DLC.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

I gotta agree on that, I beat Zico even before I could win any phantom elite races vs. AI opponents... The real challenge for me will probably be Zone Zeus, since zone 57 is as far as I can go right now, with Arcade Perfect soon done.

Timezone
    GMT + 10

Hey guys, ashamedly it probably took me about 700 laps over a week, but I did it with 4 BR (lucky one off the bridge), motion controls off, using the d-pad. I made 30.77 on a freak lap after clocking about 31.04 two laps before.

Here are my tips. Most of them are probably obvious to seasoned players, but I haven't played since WO 2097/XL, I'm a bit of a casual game player, although I love my strategy games and anything that requires precision (I love fast racing games!) and they weren't obvious to me!:

If you are pulling three barrel rolls and still doing over 31 seconds, you need to work on your racing lines (obviouly enough!). The silly thing I was doing for about 400 laps was going to the left to try and get all three speed pads after the first corner. I ended up doing it just going straight after the first three pads, and managing to cut half a second off with perfect double barrels there.

Another thing that was really difficult for me was consistent barrel rolls. I appreciate that those with big hands might find it easy to push down on the d-pad while pushing left and right, but I ended having to seriously roll my thumb and it hurt after every session. Find a perfect way to roll your thumb, especially if you don't have gigantic hands, and even if you have to put it sideways, and things will work out a lot better.

The barrel roll onto the bridge will come in time. It really will! Every single lap, whether you are doing a lap attempt or not, you just need to make sure you are pulling your ship all the way to the right. As long as you are doing this, you will eventually get a freak one or two, and then it will start coming naturally.

The plus side to having finished this trophy is a) Anulpha pass is now simple on elite phantom, or any race you can throw at me and b) zone zeus was even simpler, and came naturally. Once you realise that something is just bound to happen, and as long as you practise it will come, then the rest is easy. For the record I've done Zico and Zone, but am still missing the elite races and such. Persevere, it will be the key!

Hope this hasn't all been said before too many times! Cheers
    Last edited by EuphoricActivity; 3rd July 2009 at 11:00 PM.