Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The day I lost my job....

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Good on you foxy and at least few guys can see the light at the end of the tunnel.....

stevie

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Way to go, Rob. Not long winded at all, quite useful and inspiring tbh...

i'm getting transferred from the current portfolio, to one in shipping / freight. Something I didn't look forward to, but after reading your post, shipping / freight just might be my lucky break! i'm gonna give it a shot.

... one thing I learned from your story is that you'll never know when something you object to, is actually a blessing in disguise! I'm burying my prejudice with the shipping portfolio, and gonna go for it. Thanks for sharing with us!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Wow, your life certainly took some more turns during these past months than mine Rob! But in the end your story seems to be turning out great. It seems that, like me, you've taken the opportunity life threw into your way and had the guts to start something completely new. So all I can say to you at this point is: Congratulations for your new job!

You know what, guys? This place has gotten a lot nicer and friendlier already.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Thanks guys

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    abukii

Thumbs up

Ill echo the words of joy and say to you both, Congrats!!

I could bore everyone of horror stories, but perhaps when I hit my cracking point, Ill blog about that later. So far in 32 years, Im running strong...well, crawling strong is more like it.
    "But you know what they say-- If you cant run, ya crawl...and if you cant do that...well, you know the rest."

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Yeah, great to hear all went well in the end, infox. As you know I'm completely computer tech deficient, but I know you're in a great company. This is how I know:

"These are our clients. The reason we're here. The reason we do great work. The reason we drink copious amounts of coffee."

Any company with a sense of humour and commitment to honesty has alot going for it!

I often wonder how everyone is managing these days with the big "R" word going on. Myself I've still got a job, but our raises have been very far and few between, nowhere near keeping up with minimum wage increases or cost of living. C'est la vie.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Thanks for the story Rob!
    I'm very glad that you're going & doing well again!
    Could you tell us on what specific project you're working on, if it's not confidential?

PSN ID
    infoxicated

It's an application called Basis.

PSN ID
    drMannevond

I just wanted to thank everyone in this thread for making me a bit more optimistic about my own future. I recently quit my job and swore loudly and clearly to never work for anyone else but myself in the future, and you have given me that extra little push to start planning a bit more ahead. Now I just need to figure out what the hell I want to do before the money runs out

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I actually loved the idea of working for myself, but at the same time I didn't want the responsibility of doing all the non-web development stuff that comes with it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Wow, just got to read through that now - great story Rob, glad to hear you're doing fine again!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Darn, looks like I'd been idle for two long - I only just got around reading your post, Rob. What a story! Glad things turned out so well for you after what happened. Keep going!

Ben