Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Playing Pulse on PS2 right now

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

The DLC tracks are amazing! They're really challenging, and look great. Gemini Dam Black is my favourite track in Pulse, maybe even in any Wipeout! I'd recommend the packs definitely. And Icaras is great for TT.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by AnErare View Post
    In my opinion you should

Just wait for Leungbok his video of the black runs
    I've already recorded 5 black tracks, and yes the packs tracks are awesome, but also very hard to race, lol. i'll need some time to perform decent time on it (and also the time to unlock them all ). You can do 2 br on moa black, like in HD

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Hey Matthijs , i can bring my ps3 and also my ps2 slim + Pulse, i am not that far compared to Leungy but i hope to unlock every tracks before this weekend ( btw i am gonna phone you on your mobile end of afternoon to fix all details for my coming )

Honestly till now i am only disapointed by the horrendous long time of loading, even if you restart the race you just finish it's really really long to wait.

I also feel it faster than psp but i haven't compared my phantom laptime yet , i wanna finish the grids 1st.( opened grid 11)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

True Asa, the loading are the BIG negative point of the game !!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Time to select a track, a ship, then loading time equal to the racetime you gonna race

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

I just called GAME then. They've never heard of Pulse on the PS2 platform, its not even coming up on there POS systems as backorder. Seems like this game is never coming to Aus, ****sake!

i normally go make a cup of tea while the game loads...i'm not kidding either, i have actually done that a couple of times!!!!

PSN ID
    Amorbis

Today I received Pulse PS2 in the post from Amazon after a longer than expected wait. The game itself is very good from what I can tell and if wasn't lacking the PSP version's extra features then this would be the definitive version. There are a few differences between the two from what I can tell. For example, ships now have more detailed/altered liveries and have new eliminator liveries. Perhaps we could have a differences thread which goes into more detail on these things.

I've been playing my copy on my PS3 and it works fine bar one very important feature, the save function. So far I've made three profiles and none have saved even though I've checked to see if the virtual memory card is in. Funnily in the PS3's XMB it displays these saved profiles but Pulse simply wont load them. Looks like I'll be getting the PS2 out . I'll see if I can find a way to get around the, but then again this PS2 shouldn't be any worse.
    Last edited by Amorbis; 24th June 2009 at 01:48 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Lol Emerald
    can't tell you what i am doing while the game loads : ah yes switching to HDMI channel n' i am playing zone mode HD

Edit : weird! Amorbis
    so it may play on a ps3 but no possibilities for you to load your previous savegame?
    Last edited by Asayyeah; 24th June 2009 at 01:43 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Saw those Vids, those loading times are yonks. When i face the problem of infinite loading times i hit the AV button and watch some tele in the mean time for the time to pass.

Putting Wipeout Pulse on the PS2 from the PSP, sure does back Sony's "ten year product cycle", that they ensure on all there consoles that they release. Good on them for keeping there word. That is why Sony consoles are in a league of there own in comparasion to the Cuntbox Empire.

PSN ID
    Amorbis

So far Asa I don't really have a clue what it's doing. I know PS3 emulation of PS2 games isn't as good as the real thing but it surprises me that it can't load. Every time I boot Pulse up it prompts me to create a new profile even though I've already created more than one. I'll give it another chance and attempt to load it a few more times. Hopefully when I go to load the profile it wont give me the empty profile list again.

Asayyeah: that's a brilliant idea!!!

Amorbis: even on ps2, autoload has failed me a couple of times, so i've had to go into my profile and manual load. odd.

Kigo: it's had some great games at the end of it's 'life cycle': final fantasy xii / wipeout pulse / burnout dominator. i still love the old ps2.

i really love this game, despite a few flaws...and it really makes me want whoever did do this port to do a wipeout pure one with all that games amazing DLC...but that's just not gonna happen.

BTW that video i promised is still coming. been really busy!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Damn yes Pure PS2
    With all the DLC included !

Sadly i bet you're right , they will never release it.

Oh and btw 39.90 euros for a ps2 game bought in a french Gameshop is pretty expensive don't you think so? How much have you paid for your own pulse, you guys?

PSN ID
    Amorbis

Gosh Asa that's a lot for a PS2 game! I only paid £18 off of Amazon, that's about €21. Most PS2 games are sub £20 in the UK.

Also, I'm still having no luck with saving so I'll see how my PS2 fares with it.

yeah, i paid £18 too...but i would have paid more, as i love Wipeout too much to miss out on this game. especially as it's a limited release.

good luck with the PS2 Amorbis!

back later, with that video link.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Pure PS2 would be really great too. With the game having all the DLC gaming ships/tracks and soundtracks. That would sell great.

The Playstation 2 still has a huge share of the market. These titles should sell alot.

PSN ID
    Amorbis

I've tried the PS2 now and it works fine, I haven't encountered any saving issues yet. Unfortunately the PS2 uses a scart socket making the image very blurry so I decided to try on the PS3 again. After messing around with the PS3's internal memory cards and stuff I think I've got it to work properly. By manually saving and loading it has a higher success rate and the problem of it not being able to 'see' save files is overcome by saving until the save is viewable in the load option. Not perfect but it beats being able to barely read the text due to horrible blurriness.

And with that shaky workaround I can now enjoy Pulse PS2 on my PS3 .

PSN ID
    AnErare, AnE

Wow, I've been ripped off. I've paid E45 for it.. :$

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Got it in the post yesterday, doesn't seem to save/load correctly on the PS3. I'll assume its OK on PS2 but I ain't draggin it out the wardrobe for one game. Just bought it for part of the collection really, you know how it is eh. Handlings a bit screwy I gotta say.

PSN ID
    AnErare, AnE

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    You can do 2 br on moa black, like in HD
    But that's possible on PSP as well, in the corner before the first magstrip and the short tilting section before the corner into the loop.