Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2009-06-15: Forum Upgraded

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    BulletWraith

I love it, it feels a bit like my current theme for Vista everything thing is just Black, White, Grey no colours

Kill the Blue, make it dark grey
    muh ha haaa

zershen

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Tadaaa here you go: Forum Concept.

I've chosen a dark gray instead of pure Black, that's simply more easy on the eyes.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Nice work, Max.

I'm going to be overhauling the whole site in the near future, though, so I'll hold off on totally skinning the forum until then.

PSN ID
    Hemicrania

blue text on black background? hmm, not my choice.(readability decreases) But thats only my opinion. And I think the current theme is very nice.(from a graphic designer point of view)

I think its fine the way it is m8, al you need to do is change the blue folder icons to a grey B/W theme and your done here.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

I don't know if it's the right place to discuss about that, but I just noticed -& enjoyed a lot to use- the tag edition. But as some users already pointed that out, I fear this stuff can quickly degenerate into negative/not funny/insulting tags. Was just wondering what was your thoughts about that Rob, not more. Found that really good myself.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I thought it was a useful addition, which is why it's unfortunate that some people are being pathetic with some of the tags they are entering. If that continues I'll just disable it, because we've lived without it all this time and I see no sense in having something that people are (mistakenly) abusing because they think the tags are added anonymously.

(Truth is, the user id is logged alongside each tag. So I can see from the database just who is being an idiot.)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

They can be quite useful to spot content popular at a glance using tag search.
    Of course it helps to tag appropriately.

Example
    And another
    Third'd

If more people could follow, as we can only add two tags each, and tag search looks for the exact tag you enter in the box so if you enter a composite of two tags it won't find anything, we could add every single derivative of keywords to threads and it would make finding stuff much easier.
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 18th June 2009 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Tips about the 'art' of tagging ;)

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

The forum was just upgraded,is it? I do not know whether it is just me,or is the colour for the theme of the forum changed from blue to black/dark gray ?

PSN ID
    Hemicrania

Yup and its brilliant!!!

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Damn straight it is!!! Matches my monitor and everything mate! makes my web browser look noncy in comparison lol

(mental note: can web browsers be modified to fit in with a theme? check this out!) er... sorry, got lost there... Oh, yes! The Avatar vote - when is it? Today? I think Rob said Friday, just not if it was this Friday or another one... (meek)

The browser can be modified a lot. If it's the Opera browser.

Failing that, one could use WindowBlinds if the operating system is Windows.

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

thanks Lance - I'll look into it!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

My tags are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by infoxicated View Post
    If it helps the site get more traffic then that's a good thing. If the site gets more traffic, the adverts get seen more and then, one day, it might make enough money to be self supporting.
    Plus they are a benefit to the forum here. ^^^^

Quick searching threads with various tags that various users have added are good for all.

If there is a problem with one, im sure a PM advising about it would solve it.

Dont think any of my tags are offensive, just cheaky. All in good faith. Majority seem to be fine with it.

As Rob said before on this thread more traffic this site gets more adverts gets viewed.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

mmm just a quick post for nothing but whatever, Rob your site is DOPE. And the mods are great too. Long life to WZ. Pilots from all over the world. And yeah, if you have time one of these days maybe it could be great to have the subscription part in different languages, I know pilots like Darius or my french mates too, who had difficulties. Just a note. Anyway, again, and more than ever, this site rocks. Thanks. (if you need help I can do the french one, one of these days lol)
    Last edited by kanar; 26th June 2009 at 10:16 AM.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Yeah, go for it.

The text needs sorting out all over, with the record table rules in particular needing clarifiying, but I'm way too busy with other stuff to dedicate the time to it right now.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Rob's internal response to adding the French language addition option on these forums,

"They should learn ****ing English if they want to post here, not wasting my time adding the bloody French language and syntax here, bloody Baguette Munching frogs "

This is a funny place at times i gotta say

Gotta Love Moa, and
    Gotta Love Robs sayings "willy nilly waving",
    Gotta Love WZ.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Far from it - I had to oversee the localisation of all the text on WipEout-Game.com and that was a nightmare, because it was a rush job it wasn't done particularly accurately and many things didn't translate well.

So I'd love to have the rules and guidelines translated into lots of languages - it would help stop people getting themselves into trouble purely due to lack of understanding.

That's a big ten four, Good Buddy.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I feel anything related to PlayStation is translated badly. They've gotten better over the years but sometimes there's absolutely no description at all for items you can buy on the store on the French side, but there is one on the English side... And if/when it's translated, sometimes there are hilarious mistakes. :/
    At least for Quebec. Don't know about France's PSN Store...
    If you need help, hit me up.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Isn't it possible to load language packages you could easily install on the server? I don't know about costs here, though…

But in the end: I've no problem with English being the only language of the forum. It's an English forum after all