Thread: »»» Zone Zeus: the only trophy I need to get Transcendence but I SUCK in Zone Mode :(

Default »»» Zone Zeus: the only trophy I need to get Transcendence but I SUCK in Zone Mode :(

Elite Campaign Legend was a pain in the ass, Arcade Perfect wasn't really a trouble, Beat Zico was way easier than a I tought (got it 50 minutes after the very first time I went into Anulpha Pass with the Piranha), now the only trophy I need to get Transcendence is Zone Zeus. The problem is: I SUCK playing Zone Mode

O get to zone 35 with full shield, but I just start hitting every single wall when I reach zone 40, and I barely get to zone 50. I usually get to zone 49, 50, sometimes 51. The best I got was zone 56

Is there any tips here? Changing the sensitivity helps? Any tips will be very useful, really. I need them.

I can't believe I'll quit this game only one trophy away from the Platinum

PS: I have no idea how I was able to get the Airbraker, but I did it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

"»»» Zone Zeus: the only trophy I need to get Transcendence but I SUCK
    in Zone Mode "

1 / Thx for the info.

Look-up thread 'Zone Zeus'.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by overday View Post
    I can't believe I'll quit this game only one trophy away from the Platinum
    So you play wipeout only for a platinum trophy

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

isn't that what everybody does......

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

That's bull, why would I play games just for a stupid, pixellated, wast of time trophy.....

Oooooh, shiny!!!

...damn.

On topic, it may help if you though that, Zone 22, for instance, was 220 seconds.

Just a thought.
    Last edited by mdhay; 14th June 2009 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    So you play wipeout only for a platinum trophy
    THIS game, yes. Nice game, but not my favorite. The only thing that still makes me play this one is the trophy list.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

lol you only play it for the trophy list? I still haven't even unlocked half the trophies but I bought a PS3 ONLY for this game Trophies are no motivation for me (I don't care about achievements on my 360 either), the game is what matters XD

I suck at zone mode too, though, so chances are you'll get the zone zeus before I do

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

THIS game, yes. Nice game, but not my favorite. The only thing that still makes me play this one is the trophy list.
    So, you're sure that wipeoutzone is the best place to login and to ask some advices ? It's a fansite, dedicated to the wipeout franchise. For most members here, trophies were fun to achieve but only as an appetizer before online, zone and time-trial playing.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    INFINITY_1

lol, i can´t belive it. WipEout HD is my favorite game ever. The fun factor in this game is awesome. I need no trophies to have fun.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

please stop feeding this topic, and discuss about Zeus on the original one.
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6185

so you play wipeout only for transcendance then?
    happy for you, get your trophy, then you'll see if you stay or not

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

This kinda shows how some hard trophies can keep players IN the game,
    look at this: he might complain now but yet he joined the community, and
    might love the game after beating his last trophy, and then it will become his
    passion and he will convince a few friends of his, participate in tournaments ETC

Welcome

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Thegide

Well, Zone Zeus is hard, there is no doubt in that. There's no real trick to beating it you just need practice.

On a side note, this is a prime example of why I never wanted trophies on the PS3. In many ways I think it ruins the experiences of some games. I can't condemn people from wanting them and I certainly can empathize with the TC. I got close to Plat in Resistance 2 and started grinding away for the final trophy but it was a miserable experience and I wasn't enjoying myself. So I quit without Platinum, but it was tough to do, and in the end I don't look back on the game with fond memories.

Anyways, I've seen lots of people get in on this game because of the trophies and get hooked on the gameplay, so who knows.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

>>>>>

What I mean is you have to stop using these arrows. :/

Tips are in Zone Zeus thread or trophy help thread: learn the track, practise, etc.
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 15th June 2009 at 03:59 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -8

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    So, you're sure that wipeoutzone is the best place to login and to ask some advices ? It's a fansite, dedicated to the wipeout franchise. For most members here, trophies were fun to achieve but only as an appetizer before online, zone and time-trial playing.
    Why not? This is probably where the most hardcore Wipeout players are so who better to ask than the people who play this game all the time?

Why do you guys care if he's just playing the game for trophies?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    zeeZinator

What did I tell you about those arrows?

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

Quote Originally Posted by gettinmoney662 View Post
    Why not? This is probably where the most hardcore Wipeout players are so who better to ask than the people who play this game all the time?

Why do you guys care if he's just playing the game for trophies?
    I get your point, but here most people don't really play for that reason. On here most people play for records, or as any online battle would suggest eliminations.

If you ask a Zoner what trophies he/she is really after, it is that lovely female voice saying "Contender Eliminated!", or for those of the speed persuasion it the green pop-up in the HUD saying "New Lap Record!" Oh yeah, and first place in as many races as possible.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sh1kamaru-

Lightbulb airbreaks

hi there, I'm new too here. What I did to get this trophy as well as the airbreaker trophy was to change the triggers for airbreaks from L2/R2 to L1/R1

it helps me a lot to side shift for instance

then all I can say is practice and practice, the first time I got to subsonic I found it hard and now I can even do perfect laps in that speed

that really helped me a lot, hope it will help you too

Quote Originally Posted by zeeZ View Post
    What did I tell you about those arrows?
    hum... no.
    Last edited by overday; 16th June 2009 at 12:02 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -8

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger2197 View Post
    I get your point, but here most people don't really play for that reason. On here most people play for records, or as any online battle would suggest eliminations.

If you ask a Zoner what trophies he/she is really after, it is that lovely female voice saying "Contender Eliminated!", or for those of the speed persuasion it the green pop-up in the HUD saying "New Lap Record!" Oh yeah, and first place in as many races as possible.
    I'm just sayin that you guys would be the ones to ask for tips on how to be better at Zone or beat the Elite AI.

Sides, it's not like this is an easy trophy game. Anyone who gets Transcendence has more than likely put a ton of time into this game.

Off topic much?

Redundant thread. Closed.