Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout HD FAQ

The Zone battle video will be most welcome as i havn;t really got a clue what I am doing.
    Good Job

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Thanks for these video tutorials; I'm just getting to the point where I want to try a speed lap on each course and speed class to see where I rank

From what I've seen so far, the videos have been pretty enlightening on a few tracks for me, and I'm curious to see your take on the reverse Fury courses to see if there's anything I'm missing for them!

thanks again and look forward to any more vids forthcoming

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately there's gonna be a fair delay before the reverse Fury tracks are done as I've just started a new job, but I'll try and do then bit by bit whenever I've got some spare time

I'm also going to do videos detailing hints for the four Zone tracks as well. They'll be more of a race commentary though rather than a tutorial due to the constantly increasing speed.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

At long last, all video tutorials are now complete The last four are now linked with the rest on the front page. YouTube only at the moment, will upload them to WeGame soon.

Rob, can we get this as a sticky now it's finished?

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

With the time and effort youve put into it mate, it sure deserves to be stickied

All great stuff. A monkey could learn the tricks of the trade from those videos

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

amazing effort, Charlie!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Talking

Hey Hellfire, I saw your videos before (love them ), already saw the FAQ, great work!

I just read it again, well parts of it, and found the following :

\-\/-/ **SYNCOPIA** \-\/-/
    /-/\-\===============================/-/\-\

Returning from Wipeout Pure, Vineta K is a reasonably fast track with the odd
    tricky corner thrown in to catch the unaware. Very balanced and an appropriate
    introduction to Wipeout HD.

Oops?

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Ah cock, must have C+P'd the titles for the Zone tracks and caught the Vineta K description in the crossfire I'll sort that when I get round to doing the Zone vids.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Do you plan on doing any more FAQs??

Things like Jumps, Weapon Usage, Advanced Barrel Rolls, Auto-Pilot Techniques, Ship Comparisons etc, etc

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Yeahyeahyeah ^_^
    Would be hard work though...and probs only useful to zoners as opposed to all those who just want to get around the track, let alone crack the top 5-10.
    I'd be glad to help if any of this will be happening though

Weapons one might come in handy actually..for me I mean

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post
    Weapons one might come in handy actually..for me I mean
    L'egoiste

Hellfire, yer viddz are cool mate. I need to start studying them now! Cheers

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I like the idea of weapon/autopilot techniques, might try that out. The only other one I had on the agenda was the four Zone tracks, but any suggestions are good

Advanced barrel rolls are a bit beyond me, all the ones I can pull off are in the tutorial vids Also, I'm not sure how well ship comparisons would work, as to be fair the differences between them apart from handling are pretty minimal.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Plus the fact that you can get the craft to handle more like each other by adjusting the air brakes.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

A weapon one would probably really surprise people. The cannon for example really isnt as useless as people say it is

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I always liked cannon, just because I think it takes a lot more skill than anything else, except maybe plasma. But then recently I learned how to use it effectively and I found even more reason to like it. It's very good for slowing down a lot of people at once, especially from distance.

PSN ID
    RayMondo_61

Thumbs up cheghou protect!!!!!

i only have 2 more gold to get elite on hd camp.....

cheg is doing my head in....

what is the best ship to kick the AI asses on this track.

the other is the 8 race tourney but as yet i have only tried this a few times but i think i can do this one myself.

all replys welcome...thanks guys......

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    I always liked cannon, just because I think it takes a lot more skill than anything else, except maybe plasma. But then recently I learned how to use it effectively and I found even more reason to like it. It's very good for slowing down a lot of people at once, especially from distance.
    I didn't like the cannon at first, but then I realized how much it shakes the screen around for online opponents. You can really put another racer off their game for a few seconds with a partial clip AND THEN you can absorb what's left for energy!

I have almost 200 "most accurate" badges, more than any other badge. Don't waste that ammunition.

@raymondo...

i did phantom elite race today on chengu and i used harimu ship...

just make sure you keep your energy up as the hardest thing about this race is finishing it.

absorbing and lots of br's helps but the best thing u can do is not hit the sides. and dont use pilot assist and take the left wall on that really crap long downlard turn as thats a time killer.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Koleax View Post
    I have almost 200 "most accurate" badges, more than any other badge. Don't waste that ammunition.
    ~60% of mine are successful pacifist and the majority of the rest are speed pad hunter/other sociable badges (). Maybe I could write an FAQ explaining how to race like a peace-loving marshmallow fairy?

I'd like that

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Do people frequently ask that question?