Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout HD FAQ

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

See this previous thread,you'll be surprised with a few of them.

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...ntrol+settings

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I'm a muppet

L1 = voice chat, R1 = rear view, L2 = Left brake, R2 = Right brake

The others are correct

PSN ID
    PLazarou

This is very impressive. Excellent work!

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Not quite an update for the FAQ, but something else that I think will supplement it perfectly The first of many. I have tried to suppress the accent somewhat, but it's still quite pronounced

http://www.wegame.com/watch/Wipeout_...ta_K_Tutorial/

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

NICE ! +1

I thought it was Johnathan Ross commentating there for a moment,had a piece of paper rattling against the speaker DOH!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Suppress the accent? Wow now that didn't work
    Great tutorial Charlie! Should make a lot of beginners happy!

PSN ID
    Amorbis

That's a great tutorial Hellfire! There's nothing wrong with the accent, it's a bit more understandable than mine . It'll be interesting to see if there's anything I can pick up from future tutorials on the more advanced tracks.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

It's good, but there are a few things missing/wrong
    There is no absolute need in of airbraking in the long left hander before accessing the Agton Research Dome for any ship, and in fact with Feisar you will be over steering just with the normal directional controls. Only Piranha and Triakis will need some airbraking, but even them under perfect conditions are able to complete this turn without airbrake assistance.
    There is also a barrel roll opportunity on the off shore settlement straight with the three speed pads by avoiding the speed pad on the right, and using the second pad on the left as launch mechanism and barrel roll into the tunnel.
    It is also possible to complete a perfect lap by using the airbrakes only twice maximum on Vineta-K forward and hitting all the speed pads on the line, but this does not account for barrel rolls. Using a barrel roll will require airbraking for any ship immediately after, except perhaps for the barrel roll in Acces Tube 2-B which is basically on a straight.
    Finally, there is a dual barrel roll opportunity on exiting the Agton Research Dome where you use your turbo, if you don't have one. The first is very easy to achieve, by simply nosing up and taking the left lane you will be able to perform it. You then have to switch to the right lane in air and hit the speed pad to perform the one on the right (Something I haven't been able to do, but it is possible).

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

There's a couple of parts missing initially as this is a bit of a test of how well it came out. Consider it a beta version, or maybe a release candidate Also, I'm trying to take into consideration the file size. While it may stream nicely on Wegame, it's nearly 300MB this end So the odd bit may be trimmed to preserve my sanity. Once I get the hang of the encoding and I can get the file size down a bit further without screwing the quality, I'll probably stick some more bits on the end of this one.

I'll definitely address the airbrakes bit though, ta.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Just finished one for Anulpha Pass. Went mad on the detail here and it came out around eight and a half minutes.

http://www.wegame.com/watch/Wipeout_...Pass_Tutorial/

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

Great videos Hellfire, these will help alot of people out. Wish i had these when i first started

I don't hear any sound on that video, and it stops just as the ship starts rounding the first curve. Am I doing something wrong? The download/stream was running at just over 100 KiloBytes/800Kilobits per second and it had loaded 29.5 megabytes after the first replay. An options screen pops up after the video stops running and offers replay or to go to other videos.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

? Strange, works fine here. Are your video/audio codecs okay?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    over 100 KiloBytes/800Kilobits per second
    Did you – and if you did – when did you get a new internet connection? Lance, you surprise me!

Charlie, the vidaud should be okay; I'm running Vista, and I've got the latest Shockwave flash. Also, YouTube videos are working perfectly. I'm using the Opera browser, of course.

Max, I currently am on a wireless fed from a cable. My max bandwidth is theoretically 7 Megabits/875 KiloBytes per second. The most I've actually seen is 650 KiloBytes per second. But that is much faster than average, and was on a single file download. Fastest webpage delivery I've seen was 450 KiloBytes per second, but most of them are much much slower.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

Excellent videos, Hellfire! Looking forward to what you'll have to say on some of the more complicated reverse tracks.

A small observation on the AP one, though: it might be my lack of experience, but I found that I can get out of the first corner faster on Phantom if I don't go for all three speed pads, but stick close to the apex of the turn and only take the first speed pad and the one to the left following it. Might be worth pointing it out.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

are you taking the piss?! that video is fantastic!
    although most of the methods are a bit different from my own... each to his own eh
    good job
    Last edited by yeldar2097; 30th June 2009 at 11:38 PM.

PSN ID
    pirhapac

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    It's good, but there are a few things missing/wrong
    ).
    yes lot lot lot of other br opportunity http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnGyw0PoKZg

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Excellent video charlie, I`m surprised, you spoke quite well and I understood nearly all of them! and Thank you very much for watching.

stevie

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Quote Originally Posted by pirahpac View Post
    yes lot lot lot of other br opportunity http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnGyw0PoKZg

It'll be a cold day in hell before I can do any of that!

I'm out today so Moa Therma will be up tomorrow. I'll also try and get something written down for the actual FAQ too.