Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout HD FAQ

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Nice vid, Hellfire, and pretty epic at over 40 minutes

Does a really good job of establishing the basics of how to play the game. If I had to make one criticism, I'd say that it possibly could have used a remark asking players to take things one step at a time, but I'm sure most will do that anyway, so it's hardly a fault. Very well done!

PSN ID
    pnetrw

@Hellfire:
    I'm a brand new 41-year-old, married-with-kids Wipeout HD player from Edinburgh, Scotland.
    I discovered this forum whilst searching for a tutorial on how to play the game.
    I have just finished reading through your online FAQ and I have to say that it is, without doubt, one of the finest game FAQs I have ever read - total kudos to you for the effort and pride that you have obviously put into this.
    I have also just finished watching the beginner's video tutorial and that too is an outstanding piece of work.

PS - I love this game - wish I had picked it up for my PS3 ages ago. At least something good has come out of the PSN outage!

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Charlie, that's brilliant work - must have taken some effort to get all that together.

Petition to Studio Liverpool:

Add a trophy into 2048: 'Now I am the Master - Beat Hellfire_WZ in an online 1-on-1 event, or defeat someone who has this trophy'

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

*offtopic*ooh you know what really would be cool? A wipeoutzone set of trophies like... beat assayeah's time on altima VII (the time from wo the original)*offtopic*

anyway I wish I'd had that video to look at when I was starting out!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

You would need a NegCon controller to get even close to Assa's time, and I doubt the craft handling, or track would be the same in 2048 version of the track.
    Plus of course BR's now.
    It would be cool if in a future wipeout SL put up little statues around the tracks of famous pilots from the Zone & Arena who created world records, or named corner or straights after them.

Asayyeah's tunnel, or Leungboks bend, Yeldars dip etc

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Dr-fresh21

Quote Originally Posted by Challenger #001 View Post
    Petition to Studio Liverpool:

Add a trophy into 2048: 'Now I am the Master - Beat Hellfire_WZ in an online 1-on-1 event, or defeat someone who has this trophy'
    i Agree it would be like the new "transendance" trophey on HD though im having a hard enough time trying to take on yours and oryx-crakes time

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Thanks for your encouragement guys, this is the reason I keep on going with these videos

PSN ID
    kgb1971

I watched it all . I'm still learning after all this time.

Great stuff Charlie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

You mean you finally turn pilot assist off ?

PSN ID
    kgb1971

How did you guess

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

I tried randomly !

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Default Did a watch through...noticed some discrepancies...

FEISAR HD VS Icaras Fury comparison
    -FEISAR,even if it has the lowest top speeds,has a speed stat of 70,hence,it is "tied" with AG-Systems.

Barrel Rolling
    -Unsuccessful rolls also cost shield points.(Which the novices should know later on)

Pilot Assist(Not a discrepancy,just a nice joke,kudos to you)
    -Nice one on the Ashen-like voice "DON'T USE IT!"(I did an experiment.I had some friends over who are greenhorns to the WipEout series,I did not mention Pilot Assist to them. They performed better than if PA was on.)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    elsalmantino

How do you unlock the Icaras/auricom zone battle skins? I've got the Fury chrome skins but these two are still locked
    Sorry if this's been discussed earlier, I did a search and didn't find squat

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

The Zone Battle Skins unlock as you complete the Fury Campaign. I'm guessing you've completed the HD campaign but not the Fury campaign right? By the way there's a better thread for random WOHD questions here.

This thread relates specifically to Hellfire's guide

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    elsalmantino

Damn, I was sure I'd posted there in the first place. Guess I had both threads open and screwed up.
    Anyway, no sense posting the same thing twice so I'll keep the question here. I've finished both campaigns with all medals and got all skins except those two (Icaras/auricom zone battle). Friend of mine says he got them halfway through Aftermath, so I dunno if my save's bugged. I got lots of silver and bronze in that event tho, I'll see if getting some more points there fixes it.
    Thanks for replying

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Hmm, yeah the silvers and bronzes may be the issue. I know you have to get golds to get the Fury Campaign Legend trophy, but there's no added bonus for doing it on elite (other than pride )

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

hey, im sure everybody who's playing the game in 1080p is aware of this annoying frame-rate drops (slowdowns), especially on the fury tracks AND even more annoying (well for me) in zone modes, especially detonator. i have to say, that i played the game in 576i until 3 weeks ago & never really had those slowdowns (the CRT-TV i used to play with died). i couldn't live without wipEout so i went to the next electronics-store & got myself a fast pc-monitor (syncmaster bx2331)...
    1080p looks fantastic and everything, BUT 720p is the resolution to play with!
    it's almost as smooth as 576i AND still looks fantastic
    Last edited by JFthebestJan; 7th September 2011 at 08:11 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

I have no trouble with framerate drops I have to say though hd tvs and computer monitors are slightly different of course... could be you've got yourself a monitor thats optimized for high resolution photo viewing those are generally not as good at fps as your avarage hd(-ready) tv.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

of course it's a gaming monitor (2ms), im not stupid u know.
    and it's the ps3 that isn't able to deliver 60fps in 1080p when there's alot of action on screen, fact. reduce resolution = higher (more constant) frame-rate, plain & simple. same going as on PC.
    Last edited by JFthebestJan; 7th September 2011 at 09:41 PM.